Avanade Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Avanade Group Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Avanade

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avanade (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

To be honest, I had to stop the interviewer because the interview was going the direction of a "terms" test and whether or not I knew what the interviewer was discussing (more or less the topics were coming from a company generated script from what I can tell based on how things were being read). The beginning of the conversation was to ramp up my background and discuss what I had done in my career yet the focus was then quickly shifted to this "skills" portion where the rating scale was established. If I knew I was going to be tasked with a "terms test", I could have easily pulled up a basic architecture map of the MS product in question and start responding to the terms that were asked in regards to that build in question.

Advice to the Recruitment Office: When the company advertises "we want to know about your IT management experience" from the recruitment office, make sure that the interview is defined and delivered to the right individual so that employee is properly trained to handle that general screen. The company should not be advertising one job and work to push you into a technical role regardless if you want to or not. I felt like I got the bait and switch. I applied to be a manager and that is where I want my career to go but I guess you need to be more blatantly clear with these folks on the phone prior to taking that step for a phone screen.

Also, the company is a pure consulting play, not what I was told to expect at all....

Although, I got a laugh out of the fact that the guy who interviewed me with the title of "group manager" said "he didn't have to really do anything in his role and liked it"..... Priceless.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Trumbull, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and frequent. At least 7 phone interviews before the decision to hire. I understand the need to be thorough but the vetting process can be cut in half by consolidating some of these conversations.

Interview Questions

• What would your approach be to train and communicate new technology.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair and professional

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Excellent. It was the best interview I had. They ask more on what you have done. Be prepared to answer more about project methodology. Excellent. It was the best interview I had. They ask more on what you have done. Be prepared to answer more about project methodology.

Interview Questions

• More about your resume. What are your previous roles. Excellent. It was the best interview I had. They ask more on what you have done. Be prepared to answer more about project methodology.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Simple and easy process. HR recruitment lady was great (she has left though)... guided through the process. Interviews were easy, but answers to questions were misleading in regards to the role and businesses current situation.

Interview Questions

• About experiences and skills, current personal status.   1 Answer

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing process included intial call with Recruitment team and then followed by two interviews with different hiring managers. The interview with Recruitment team was more General but the interviews with Hiring managers were Behavioral as well as Technical.

Interview Questions

• What is your current role and what role do you want to take up at Avanade?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

New HR joinee coordinator taking from the previous one with no professionalism as forgot to inform reschudeled dates. Moreover a disillusioned Tech Interviewer from Canada with no idea about the profile which he is interviewing. Not a great company as far as interview process is concerned.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Sharepoint and experience in leading teams   Answer Question