Avanade Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RPA Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied via referral and received a call from a recruiter in about a week. Phone call lasted for about 50 minutes. It was a behavioral interview and the recruiter was interested in my career path. In a bout a week, i was schedule for the second interview and it was technical. This lasted for about 40 minutes and it focused on my current and previous job roles. The person conducting the interview was very friendly and easy to talk to. It seem like i did well and was scheduled for a third interview with the hiring manager for the position. As the day approached, i received a call from the recruiter and was told the hiring manager was seeking a candidate who had extensive experience in Robotic Process Automation which i didn't. i was bummed about it, but the interview experience was worth it

Interview Questions

• Questions about use cases, User Stories, Types of methodologies, and RPA experience.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied only and it took a couple of weeks to receive a response. There were a total of 4 interviews, the first one is with HR. Second interview is with a current Systems Engineer and the last two interviews take place the same day on-site. Overall the hardest part is the group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Basically they give you a scenario and you have to come up with the software that you would recommend for the company.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Total of three interviews. Two phone screens and one on-site batch-style interview. The phone screens were by the HR Recruiter and an existing employee. The final interview was a group interview with some time with Sr. Management who probably access your people skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in such a situation? How would you solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in such a situation? How would you solve the problem?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Avanade was very nice, they gave me a very good overview of the job, asked relevant questions and got a feel for my personality to see if I were a fit.

Interview Questions

• The were trying to see if I knew how to handle a situation where the client might be rude to you.   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I began with a phone interview to go over my resume. There were also several questions to gauge my interest in technology overall.

Then I had a second interview with a current employee to discuss the position. The interviewer seemed unprepared and was unable to answer some of my questions about consultant work.

Finally I had an on-site interview. There were 6 applicants total. We were given more information about the company, benefits package, and the job. Each applicant had a 1-on-1 interview with a manager which was largely relaxed. We were each asked to write a page discussing the core values of the company. We were also given a team exercise and asked to present to several of the managers.

I was underwhelmed with the process. It felt poorly organized and some of the tasks seemed to lack direct relevance to the position.

Solutions Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I had FOUR interviews: the first three were technical and had INCREASED in difficulty. The fourth interview was with a Sr. Collab. Mgr., which was all about being a great, cultural fit with the company or not.

The interviews per telephone will be different regional gurus whom are at the top of their craft so if you don't get all of them right, then it's fine. Just answer eloquently and articulately as possible!!! If you do not know it, just don't dilly-dally; be upfront and forward.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of any because I was able to answer at least 50-100 percent of every question of all the questions rendered to me in the interview. On my 2nd technical interview, the guy almost had gotten me based on my Comp. Sci. undergrad days with the "What's' the difference btwn. an ArrayList and a HashTable?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just take what they offer you. Seemingly, it's a great place to acquire a plethora of exposure to the latest and greatest MS technologies. Ask questions, be tenacious, be gracious, and you will enjoy this experience to come.

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was called by HR office, the went through 3 different interviews. 2 on the phones and the 3 third was on Skype. I received the offer but it required me rot relocate. Then someone after a while I received another call for the same job but this time is local.

Interview Questions

• a lot of technical questions, if you know your field well you will answer most of them. They don't expect you to know it all but most of them or answer them closely.   1 Answer

Solutions Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and essentially tried to get to know me and what my aspirations were, she notified me that she would reach out to me again to setup a phone interview. During the phone interview she asked me how interested I was in potentially working for avanade. I was then reached out to again to have a 1 on 1 conversation with someone who worked for avanade so that i can get a better feel for the company and the culture at Avanade. Finally I was contacted via email for the in person interview. It was fairly straightforward with a skills test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, but Avanade focuses on the microsoft platform so make sure to be knowledgeable about their technologies. "What is your favorite microsoft tech?" etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a generous salary and accepted without negotiation

Business Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very particular and lengthy interview process. Took a while to get through everything, but it's imperative so that they hire the right people. A selling point is the travel and (most) of the people they have working there.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The first interview is with an HR recruiter who asks about your experience and asks a few straight-forward .NET questions. The second interview was with a .NET Architect and is very in-depth. I recommend studying up on your .NET trivia.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of a specific "difficult" question, but I know that I was tripped up a bit with the depth of the SQL Server questions. Study up on more than just queries, joins, etc. Understand performance tuning concepts and how they are implemented.   Answer Question

I was offered pretty much the same as I was making at my current position. I had a few other offers so even though Avanade offers a lot of learning/growth potential it didn't make sense to take their offer.