Avanade Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Application process contains 1 phone screen with HR, 1 technical phone interview, and an In person interview with two directors.

I was referred by a friend around April of 2017. I didn't hear back until July. The first phone screen was very lax and easy. Recruiter asked about items on my resume and questions relating to customer experiences and working in teams. She also talked a lot about the training programs at Avanade and how the first week of training would be at the Chicago HQ. The screen went on for about an hour.

Fast forward two - three weeks. After sending in a following up emails asking about my application I finally heard back and was able to proceed to the next step. It was a technical phone interview where I lead the interview by asking questions about the position I am applying for. I spoke with a Visual designer / UX designer. Questions I asked were related to the digital studio and work culture.

Fast forward another three weeks I sent in another follow up email asking about my application. They told me my 2nd interview went very well and the person I interview had a lot of good things to say about me. But the position I was applying for was recently filled so they asked if I would be interested in a position in the following year in January. I agree'd so I was onto the In person interview.

Another week or two after that conversation I still did not have a confirmation of my final interview date and location. So I sent in another follow up email where I was able to finally get confirmation of the interview. I interviewed with the senior director and the director. The person who will be making the decision of my offer was the director. On the day of interview he happened to be out of state working on a project so I talked to him through a call. The in person interview had questions relating to my hobbies and interest. They also asked about some of my projects in my portfolio.

Few days later I get a call telling me my application will not be moving forward and I got some feedback off my interviews.

All of the people I talked to through out this process has been very very friendly. The only down side to my experience with this was the unorganized scheduling. I've been in contact with this company for over two months and It kind of seems like a waste when you spent two months effort talking to this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your process when designing/ building the technology   Answer Question

RPA Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied via referral and received a call from a recruiter in about a week. Phone call lasted for about 50 minutes. It was a behavioral interview and the recruiter was interested in my career path. In a bout a week, i was schedule for the second interview and it was technical. This lasted for about 40 minutes and it focused on my current and previous job roles. The person conducting the interview was very friendly and easy to talk to. It seem like i did well and was scheduled for a third interview with the hiring manager for the position. As the day approached, i received a call from the recruiter and was told the hiring manager was seeking a candidate who had extensive experience in Robotic Process Automation which i didn't. i was bummed about it, but the interview experience was worth it

Interview Questions

• Questions about use cases, User Stories, Types of methodologies, and RPA experience.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter for about an hour, then I spoke with someone in a similar role. I was brought in for an all day interview with several other candidates where I had two one-on-one interviews and a case interview. I didn't think the job I interviewed for was a good fit, and they felt the same so they retracked me to a role I was much more interested in. I had an interview with my would-be boss and then they made me an offer.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. After applying for the position, received an HR call withing a few days. The recruiter explained the process and the next steps. The following technical screening was scheduled promptly and the process continued.

I had two technical screenings asking .Net, C#, Entity Framework questions. A few days after that the recruiter contacted me and informed me that the position was on halt due to shift in the company focus and that I would be the first to know if the position opened again. Sure enough, when it did open again, she called me to set up the next steps in the process. After that I had one on-site interview asking behavioral questions and goals and accomplishments followed by another Skype interview asking the similar questions.

Throughout the entire process, the recruiter was constantly in touch with me to answer any questions I had. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The technical screenings covered questions on .Net, C#, Entity Framework, etc. The behavioral screening went through what I have/would handle certain situations such as a facing a difficult client or dealing with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Incident Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then had an in person interview onsite with the team manager. Lasted about an hour. Face to face interview was more technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to handle an upset customer   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One technical interview was conducted and 2 others. Process very informative.
    Feedback every step of the way. Questions were technical and functional.
    Answer on employee cam quick as well.
    Ample time to prepare between interviews.
    Everyone was very friendly and supportive.
    Overall good experience during the interview process with this company.

Analyst, Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen (~30 minutes). The recruiter told me about the position and what it entails, and I shared with her my interests and more information about what was on my resume. The second interview was 1 hour long, and the first 30 mins or so, I lead the interview by asking the interviewer questions. Then she asked me questions for 15 minutes, and I continued asking her questions for the last 15 minutes. The third interview is on-site in their Los Angeles office, but due to scheduling conflicts, I had a 1:1 with the hiring manager at a local cafe.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Avanade?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Business Analyst position in October 2015 for the Los Angeles office. It was a very straightforward interview process. I went to their table at my university career fair, and they were very nice. The next day, I met with them in our career center for a 30-minute interview (more of an overview of my resume, why I wanted to do consulting, basics of the application process). About a month later, I had my second round interview. It was with a current consultant. The first 15 minutes were some questions he had for me. The next 30 minutes were dedicated for me to lead the interview and "pick" his brain for any and all information I wanted to know. The topics were up to me, but I asked about the life of a consultant, the day-to-day tasks and career planning in the company, etc. This was very valuable, so come with questions beforehand.
    About a month later, I was invited to the final round in-house interview, which consisted of one interview with a manager and a group case presentation. After their initial presentation, I had a single interview with one of the managers who was in charge of the group I applied for (BA for me, SD or SE for other people). The interview was relaxed and was more an opportunity for me to speak with someone who had been with the company for a while and see if this was a good fit for me. The main part of the in-house interview came with our group case. We were given the prompt the day before, but we got the "ask" the day of. It wasn't a technical case, as it focused more around the requirements gathering from the "CEO" and then presenting our conclusion in an effective way.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you have used technology to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to convince someone to adopt a technology and how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with ambiguous situations? What do you do when you don't know the answer to something?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I had 7 interviews that spanned over 2 months, seems a bit excessive. Spoke to over 8 people this included in person, over the phone, recruiter interview. A lot of the questions where general, great people to speak to, final interview was at the office.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, some questions where related to someone with more experience which was odd for a analyst.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

There where three people who interviewed me over the phone!If you know the basics you should be able to get through the interview very easily. They ask about network stuff such as router , modem definition ! The interviewer ask about technical situations! Preparation would include going over your resume , and stuff you learn in school! As long as you show your willing to learn you will get the job .

Interview Questions

• One interview where technical question . Second , was about experience and about capabilities. Third interview was personality questions! Very simple !   1 Answer