Avanade Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One technical interview was conducted and 2 others. Process very informative.
    Feedback every step of the way. Questions were technical and functional.
    Answer on employee cam quick as well.
    Ample time to prepare between interviews.
    Everyone was very friendly and supportive.
    Overall good experience during the interview process with this company.

Interview Questions

• Account posting questions.   1 Answer

Analyst, Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen (~30 minutes). The recruiter told me about the position and what it entails, and I shared with her my interests and more information about what was on my resume. The second interview was 1 hour long, and the first 30 mins or so, I lead the interview by asking the interviewer questions. Then she asked me questions for 15 minutes, and I continued asking her questions for the last 15 minutes. The third interview is on-site in their Los Angeles office, but due to scheduling conflicts, I had a 1:1 with the hiring manager at a local cafe.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Avanade?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Business Analyst position in October 2015 for the Los Angeles office. It was a very straightforward interview process. I went to their table at my university career fair, and they were very nice. The next day, I met with them in our career center for a 30-minute interview (more of an overview of my resume, why I wanted to do consulting, basics of the application process). About a month later, I had my second round interview. It was with a current consultant. The first 15 minutes were some questions he had for me. The next 30 minutes were dedicated for me to lead the interview and "pick" his brain for any and all information I wanted to know. The topics were up to me, but I asked about the life of a consultant, the day-to-day tasks and career planning in the company, etc. This was very valuable, so come with questions beforehand.
    About a month later, I was invited to the final round in-house interview, which consisted of one interview with a manager and a group case presentation. After their initial presentation, I had a single interview with one of the managers who was in charge of the group I applied for (BA for me, SD or SE for other people). The interview was relaxed and was more an opportunity for me to speak with someone who had been with the company for a while and see if this was a good fit for me. The main part of the in-house interview came with our group case. We were given the prompt the day before, but we got the "ask" the day of. It wasn't a technical case, as it focused more around the requirements gathering from the "CEO" and then presenting our conclusion in an effective way.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you have used technology to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to convince someone to adopt a technology and how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with ambiguous situations? What do you do when you don't know the answer to something?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I had 7 interviews that spanned over 2 months, seems a bit excessive. Spoke to over 8 people this included in person, over the phone, recruiter interview. A lot of the questions where general, great people to speak to, final interview was at the office.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, some questions where related to someone with more experience which was odd for a analyst.   Answer Question

ITS Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

There where three people who interviewed me over the phone!If you know the basics you should be able to get through the interview very easily. They ask about network stuff such as router , modem definition ! The interviewer ask about technical situations! Preparation would include going over your resume , and stuff you learn in school! As long as you show your willing to learn you will get the job .

Interview Questions

• One interview where technical question . Second , was about experience and about capabilities. Third interview was personality questions! Very simple !   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

1) Initial phone call to setup HR interview (short).
    2) Then had an HR style interview and scheduled another interview with an employee in my desired role.
    3) Call with an employee in my role - more for asking questions about the job.
    4) Interview with a regional manager - a bit technical, but mostly went through tech-related projects/experiences that were on my resume.

All in all, the process was enjoyable. There wasn't a great deal of emphasis on technical material; rather, the emphasis was more on what kind of person I was, how I get along with other people. These skills are crucial for consulting-style jobs.

Interview Questions

• 1) You find that your mobile phone does not turn on -- how do you go about fixing it? (explain your rationale)
      2) What is one future technology that you think will be popular in the coming years?
      Answer Question

Junior Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avanade (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They found me on Indeed.com and then we chatted. A phone interview was set up with the contracted company however something went wrong and a face to face was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Experience questions, and skills   1 Answer

Solutions Developer, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screening.
    Was suppose to interview an employee to get an idea of the position but HR failed to connect me to an employee.
    On campus interview with Regional Director. Basic STAR questions and simple technical SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you first get a foreign code base?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Best interview experience I've ever had. Recruiter and Interviewers were extremely professional and transparent throughout the whole process.

Contacted recruiter who set up interview process. Two phone-based skill screens and one video conference. Skill screens were obviously more technical and the last one was with a VP who wanted to ensure cultural fit.

Very smooth process overall. Recruiter and HR notified me of each step within a few days of each other.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Total of three interviews. Two phone screens and one on-site batch-style interview. The phone screens were by the HR Recruiter and an existing employee. The final interview was a group interview with some time with Sr. Management who probably access your people skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in such a situation? How would you solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in such a situation? How would you solve the problem?   1 Answer