Avanade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

1 HR interview followed by 2 technical interviews on the phone and 1 onsite interview. Questions were average. Communication was little bit delayed after each round. Overall experience was good.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. Phone screen then second round with people who were actual consultants. Seemed nice. Had to move forward due to not liking the travel policy (traveling 4 days a week)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Business Analyst position in October 2015 for the Los Angeles office. It was a very straightforward interview process. I went to their table at my university career fair, and they were very nice. The next day, I met with them in our career center for a 30-minute interview (more of an overview of my resume, why I wanted to do consulting, basics of the application process). About a month later, I had my second round interview. It was with a current consultant. The first 15 minutes were some questions he had for me. The next 30 minutes were dedicated for me to lead the interview and "pick" his brain for any and all information I wanted to know. The topics were up to me, but I asked about the life of a consultant, the day-to-day tasks and career planning in the company, etc. This was very valuable, so come with questions beforehand.
    About a month later, I was invited to the final round in-house interview, which consisted of one interview with a manager and a group case presentation. After their initial presentation, I had a single interview with one of the managers who was in charge of the group I applied for (BA for me, SD or SE for other people). The interview was relaxed and was more an opportunity for me to speak with someone who had been with the company for a while and see if this was a good fit for me. The main part of the in-house interview came with our group case. We were given the prompt the day before, but we got the "ask" the day of. It wasn't a technical case, as it focused more around the requirements gathering from the "CEO" and then presenting our conclusion in an effective way.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you have used technology to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to convince someone to adopt a technology and how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with ambiguous situations? What do you do when you don't know the answer to something?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I had 7 interviews that spanned over 2 months, seems a bit excessive. Spoke to over 8 people this included in person, over the phone, recruiter interview. A lot of the questions where general, great people to speak to, final interview was at the office.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, some questions where related to someone with more experience which was odd for a analyst.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avanade in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was straight-forward, two phone interviews and then an in-office group interview. The first phone interview had more behavioral questions. The second interview had a few more behavioral questions, but mostly a chance for you to ask questions to someone of the same position that you are applying for. Final interview was a group interview at the office and asked to give a presentation about a case study.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

There where three people who interviewed me over the phone!If you know the basics you should be able to get through the interview very easily. They ask about network stuff such as router , modem definition ! The interviewer ask about technical situations! Preparation would include going over your resume , and stuff you learn in school! As long as you show your willing to learn you will get the job .

Interview Questions

• One interview where technical question . Second , was about experience and about capabilities. Third interview was personality questions! Very simple !   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Redmond, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took 1 month, 2 phone 1 skype and 2 onsite interviews. The process was really smooth and recruiter provided me feedback at each step. After the final round of interview I got a call that they are willing to give an offer and would start finalizing date. The next day recruiter asked me about my status in US and wanted to gain more information. Before 1st round of interview it self I clearly mentioned that I have OPT EAD care and will require future sponsorship then only they proceeded with next interviews. After giving verbal offer she was trying to figure out what is my status and how it works. She did not had any idea regarding international students ans status they have. I explained her everything and suggested her links of USCIS. She started digging more information and asked her Manager about the status and getting back to me saying it's company policy that they don't hire OPT - EAD students. I was like how can you say this after all these rounds and giving me an offer. She made a big mistake and misunderstood about my status at very beginning perhaps she never cared to dig information that time which shows unprofessional-ism. I was thrown back by this behavior and wrote to everyone person involved in the procedure about this, but nobody helped me out.
    I have never seen such an awful situation. Because of recruiter mistake I had to suffer. I though everything in interview was good but recruiter lacked general knowledge that she should have and other people in company also never though of looking into the matter. I felt very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• No question was that tough you should be prepared well.   1 Answer

Senior Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Process was fair and predictable. Interviewer mapped out the interview stages and how many interviews and who was the person at each level of seniority, etc. Questions were related to the position and background and how my experience fit with the requirements. Very solid conversations about "fit" and there were no "alone on a deserted island" type questions. The role was heavily focused on selling solutions versus products so that "split" of my experience selling each was an important topic to the interviewer. Overall a good experience. Compensation levels were given which was nice and that I would be hired at "one of 2 different levels in this hierarchy..." Interviewer was easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in selling solutions versus products? How are they different and how would you place your experience in this conversation?   Answer Question

IT Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Avanade (Charlotte, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I had (3) in person interviews with CLT and Seattle leads. Offer extended but it was not the position I applied for. Persons I interviewed with have either left the company or moved onto other roles so be prepared to learn on your own FAST because there is no formal Service Delivery guidance available except by other peers.

Solution Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process comprised of three interviews. The first interview was a general behavioral interview discussing how well I am with some Microsoft technologies, explanation of the job, and how I see technology will be in the next 5 years. The second interview was with another Avanade consultant where he asked some quick general questions and I asked many questions about the company and working for Avanade. I was pretty much interviewing them. The final interview was in person, it was supposed to be a technical interview; however, it was really just a conversation. The last interview was pretty much behavioral revolving around technology. This may because I had some projects already on my GitHub to show, or possibly just the hiring manager's interview style.

Interview Questions

• What technology do you think will take off in the next five years?   Answer Question