Avanade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Total of three interviews. Two phone screens and one on-site batch-style interview. The phone screens were by the HR Recruiter and an existing employee. The final interview was a group interview with some time with Sr. Management who probably access your people skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in such a situation? How would you solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in such a situation? How would you solve the problem?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

While I was known by many people in the company I still have to do 6 phone interviews, a presentation and marketing plan. I had two video conference interviews and these were interesting. There was a disconnect between the recruiters and other interviewers and in fact I got a rejection notice after I had accepted the offer. So do not worry if you get a rejection letter just follow up with the people who interviewed you.

Interview Questions

• What is your commitment to technology?   1 Answer

Entry-Level Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Received an interview through a recruiter I met at my school's career fair. I interviews the following day where we went over my resume and I was asked questions like "give me a time when." I passed this first interview, but was asked to relocate which I was unable to do. I had to stop the process following the relocation request.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in October 2014.

Interview

Started at a job fair followed by an HR phone screen. Then I had a selling interview where I talked to a software developer for an hour. This was followed by a final onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite interview, we were given a group exercise in which we had to decide which software is better suited for a company and present our findings at the end of the day.   Answer Question

Director+ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Good interview with HR...Very clear communications. When the employer did not feel that my skills were a match, they clearly articulated the reason for it. While, I have a different opinion in regards to their assessment, I was nevertheless pleased by the promptness by which HR communicated back quickly without wasting any ones time and effort further.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Submitted resume through company website. Recruiter called within 48 hours to screen. Phone interview was 2 days later. Phone interview was mostly technical background probing and seeing level of interest in the technology. Got in person interview 1 week later. One on One interview with 3 people. Hiring manager, another manager, and sr. dev. Mostly went over past history and gave me a chance to ask about current project.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions included reverse a string. Questions to test knowledge object oriented programming basics. Class inheritance, interfaces.   1 Answer

Manager, Delivery Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. First a couple of phone screens with two senior managers. Once I passed the initial phone screen, then F2F with the local VP of Engineering and another senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you approach problem customers.   1 Answer

Interview

They had an initial phone screening to gauge personality, followed by a technical interview in which they asked questions such as "what is polymorphism?"..."what is encapsulation?" etc...after those were passed, they invited for an in person interview in which they discussed benefits and had a team exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you encountered a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really much room for negotiation because when I tried to, I was told that I would also be overtime eligible.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

It is a typical first level then second (deeper) level interview. then the HR "soft skills" interview and then an upper management interview. I found that asking questions elicited much more interaction with the interviewer and was probably viewed more positively than had I not asked questions of them.

Interview Questions

• Depending on your skillset, you will get questions focused on your area of expertise   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Had a phone and group interview as a large amount of employees are referrals. Getting to see if you fit the position and the crowd for a pleasant work environment is important. Employees get along well and part of the interview felt like working along side them finding how well you fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very unexpected. Expect to get drilled on in places you do not have experience as well just to see how deep your knowledge is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was transparent as positions have consistency under Avanade so each individual should be paid to fit the position. Expectations were set by position details early so that there was plenty of room to choose to move on or not.