Avanade Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

3.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

After initial HR and technical interviews via phone, I had F2F HR and Executive interviews. Overall smooth and well-organized process. Pleasant and professional HR and technical interviewers. Objective and to-the-point interview questions although the technical interviewers are a bit light for senior positions.

Negotiation

Easy negotiation at market prices

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone call with the recruiter. Followed by phone screen with one of the employees and then onsite interview with couple of senior managers and then confirming interview. Most of the interview questions were directly from a set of questions and did not deviate from original question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying for a job as a manager, I was contacted almost immediately by recruiting. The phone screen went well and a subsequent interview conference call was scheduled. The conference call was rescheduled several times, which I accommodated (and changed some of my personal plans). I phoned in at the appointed time, unable to connect to the conference call. After making some urgent calls and sending email messages, I learned the job 'had been recently filled and my interview canceled'. I felt incredibly disrespected and can only hope Avanade does not treat its employees or customers in this fashion.

Interview Questions

• Other than the initial phone screen, verifying my background and experience, I was not asked any questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR to check on my interest for the position as already more than 2 months had passed since I had applied. After agreeing to that, I went thru 2 rounds of technical interviews w/ 2 different group managers who grilled me quite a bit. I can say that I did extremely well on the first round, and somewhat okay on the second. Their need was immediate hence I was contacted by the HR the next day to come in person to their office for the last and final stretch w/ the SVP. This session was not as demanding as I expected, and the SVP laid out the career path for this position within the company as that was one of my questions to him.

Interview Questions

• What are the unique skills that I can bring to the role that can separate me from everybody else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a difficult situation on vacation and I did not get what I was asking for because there was another HR person in between who showed no interest and declined to even discuss. I still accepted the offer since I liked the company and the role.

Manager Interview

Interview

4 interview process, screening, tech 1, tech 2 and confirming

Interview Questions

• In tech 2 interview, object modeling and turing algorithm questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avanade in June 2013.

Interview

My interview experience with this firm was rather bizarre. First off, they found my name on the web and recruited me. First interview was with a recruiter who extolled the firm’s virtues. Second interview was with a Director who spent an hour on the phone with me to gauge my project management, people skills and leadership style. Third interview was with a peer who discussed his role and what I would be expected to do on the job. Fourth interview was supposed to be with a hiring manager but instead, I got a head recruiter. All interviews were positive and upbeat and I was led to believe my final interview would be with the hiring manager. Weeks go by with no word from anyone after sending numerous follow up emails. Finally, I get an email from a recruiter stating that they would not be proceeding with my application (WTF????) and that I am welcome to search their careers site for other opportunities (Uh, don’t think so). For crying out loud, just say you axed the head count and move on. Jeessh!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I replied to a posting on a job board and got a call from Avanade's HR the next day. I talked with HR a couple of times, had 2 phone screens, followed by 1 face-to-face interview. Everyone was professional, nice, and could answer my questions. All in all it was very efficient. I like the fact that they send candidates a survey in connection with their recruiting experience. I got that survey prior to an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the correlation between a risk and an issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes - I was able to negotiation. Be up front if you have scheduled vacation - it is important they know about it and you will gain some respect. No employer like to find out about planned vacation after the fact.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

standard process: tell me about your self, what we do, why do you want to leave? are you ok with travel?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and met with HR, Finance and a Program lead. Took a few weeks to get all of the interviews scheduled and completed.

Interview Questions

• I felt that I really had to sell myself and that the interviewers hadn't read my resume or really understood how my past roles fit with the one I was interviewing for. I would have thought they would have done more homework or the recruiter would have passed on notes so I didn't have to keep repeating myself. If I didn't really want this role, I would have withdrawn early in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing or open to negotiate. I would suggest candidates request additional vacation time or get confirmation on training expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

There will be an initial skills interview followed by two rounds of technical interviews. The last interview will be with the practice director. Pretty tough interviews.