Avanade Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Avanade

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter.
It started with a missed phone call - HR was busy and didn't call at scheduled time
Recruiter rescheduled call to next week

Next week rude unprofessional HR asked what I know about company?
I said that I read a week ago about it but not remember all details.
And i technical guy.
He said they don't need people who not interesting in their business case
and Bye Bye...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a couple of basic interviews with the HR lady who was very nice and explained everything in detail.
    Then first interview went great, we talk about technologies , projects that i worked on.
    Second one the guy asked me similar questions about projects i worked on and gave me a coding challenge to create a method to check for valid email address. He didn't tell me i could use .net string built in functions.
    Later on I got a call from the HR lady telling me that the second interviewer said i was not interested. What?? where did he get that?
    Completely opposite of the first one. My advice is , get the guy to like you ( not sure how to do that)
    I really appreciated how HR lady gave me a feedback

Interview Questions

• String manipulation, use .Net string built methods or ask if u can, it will make ur life easier.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

3 rounds. 2 phone and 1 face 2 face. Average difficulty. Offer letter can take time after getting selected. 3 interviews are with 3 different people. Final round is mainly finding if you are good fit,

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was asked common programming questions like how to reverse a string, what is C# garbage collection, what are the different SQL Joins, Sort an array without using a C# library function. Initial skills screening will involve all kinds of basic questions in .Net and SQL. (For ex:I was asked how much I knew about C# interfaces, desgin patterns , testing procedures, SDLC etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had two technical interviews in chicago and both very professional.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very common I don't say it was difficult unless you not prepared.   Answer Question

Salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial screening, technical interview I, technical interview II, HR high level interview III, In person, phone interview IV

Firstly, leaving Accenture because of the suck up culture and lower than market rate pay, I knew what I was getting into with Avanade right off the bat. With that said, Avanade (and Accenture) have extremely huge clients. I've worked with the best of the best here and been flown across the country wined and dined and put up in nice hotels. The downside? corporate suck up culture (you won't move up unless you do it). Projects ran by people who have no clue what they are doing. Your talents won't be utilized fully. You will be staffed anywhere (I've also been sent to a few absolute hellholes).

Now I'll explain the interview experience I had ( and why I believe anyone with talent is better off elsewhere) First Avanade's corporate cheerleader calls and we go through the usual set of question/answer routine. She calls back the next day and schedules interview two. Interview two calls he is very much the coder guy type. Friendly and is purely assessing my skills based on whether or not I've done Azure or other buzzwords (very difficult to assess a skill level based on technology buzzwords). Then we go into a pretty standard technical assessment, interface vs abstract class, etc.

interview III comes along and its a managerial type reading some canned questions from a sheet technical wise, interspersed with some mundane HR questions. This guy is typical of Accenture scumbags and interrupts constantly, seems disinterested and mostly I didn't like him.

Next cheerleader calls back and her tone changes and seems somewhat concerned. I'm guessing at this stage she breaks out the BS and starts low balling. Well, she says, you laddered or rated or something at a consultant level rather than blah blah blah. WHen I know full well she is trying to low ball me. Firstly the offers I ended up taking were in the 118K level and she states they can offer 86,900. However I realize that working here is basically a free for all and I'll get free hotels and flights and be in a different city whenever I want. So fine I say ok.

Next is the in person. Meet so and so at the Westin for lunch. This guy is cool, he buys me lunch at the Westin, makes sure I don't drool on my self and tells me essentially I'm hired and this is the confirmation interview. We eat lunch, part ways and few days later cheerleader calls back asking if I can you ANOTHER interview. Sure, whatever, I tell her. The final guy is a complete jerk asking asinine questions, being snooty and vague and then basically tells me there is no work in the local area long term.

Essentially given the run around and the final decision is not to offer the position for whatever reason. I'm writing this to point out, having worked for Accenture 4 years. If you like the travel and suck up corporatist hegemony, you don't mind travel, you like the perks, you will work for 30-40% less than market rate ( the clients and travel can actually compensate that well), you won't mind it there. Plus they have second to none client lists. I worked in Hollywood, the top banks, the largest companies there. But if you like to be utilized well and your work to be important and your voice to be important and you want the market rate and don't suck up to people, but work based on respect -- Accenture and Avanade are not for you. Basically they are hyenas and they will eat their own babies.

There are many many companies that you will be much happier with. Take your vacations on the weekends and the higher rate somewhere else.

Any question they will ask can be found by reviewing the interviews on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Canned C#/.Net/Design Pattern/Javascript/JQuery/SQL questions. Two to Five days of studying will prep you for this. Or review answers based on interviews listed here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Technical phone interview followed by in-person interviews. The technical interview required a broad knowledge of technologies and required a deep understanding of .NET principles - including topics such as .NET heap vs. stack and design patterns used is .NET creation.

Interview Questions

• Many .NET and SQL technical questions - requiring deep understanding of .NET   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview about .Net programming foundation Design Pattern, Object Oriented Programming, Sample programming problems, but they are like preparing you for the worst case by asking are you willing to work for long working hour and on the weekend. Got very bad Impression of this Company only by gone through the Phone Interview Process.