Avanade Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

The first phone interview was with HR, the 2nd was with current software engineer where I lead the interview. This is for a new grad software engineer. The next interview is a day long on site with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you worked on where you didn't have the expertise necessary and how you overcame that and finished the project?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Submitted resume through company website. Recruiter called within 48 hours to screen. Phone interview was 2 days later. Phone interview was mostly technical background probing and seeing level of interest in the technology. Got in person interview 1 week later. One on One interview with 3 people. Hiring manager, another manager, and sr. dev. Mostly went over past history and gave me a chance to ask about current project.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions included reverse a string. Questions to test knowledge object oriented programming basics. Class inheritance, interfaces.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

First interview was from a recruiter, asked basic .NET questions. Second interview was technical - very basic questions, SQL question, C# fundamental, and string reversal question. 3rd was on-site with hiring manager - Basically a meet and greet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (San Antonio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I submitted an online application, went through an online screening, and then a phone interview/screening. I received a second ‘technical’ interview a week after that. The interviewer was very difficult to understand and the questions were based on data structures concepts which I had not reviewed in years or was I even expecting. The interviewer had a very heavy accent and was very cold throughout the whole thing. The phone kept disconnecting throughout making the process even more nerve wrecking. The whole experience was horrible.

Review you core concepts and definitions for:
    Data Structures (algorithm design, OO programming, sorting algorithms)
    Database design
    Software engineering

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 major components of Object Oriented programming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I had a recuter call me and set up an hour long tecnical interview. this part of the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

I havent ansered them yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I got the first round thru phone just initial screening. Later got call for 2nd round more in terms of .NET technical. Had couple more rounds more into technical related to programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview, was fine. Second technical phone interview\test was a nightmare, the interviewer did no speak english as their first language making it very difficult (when phone interview\tests can be hard enough to hear correctly). It became clear to me the questions were being generated on the fly by simply flipping though a C# book, finding a pieace of information, rephrasing it as a question and then expecting a response that matches just what the book has. This gave the questions (the ones I could hear and understand) no context and so they could be answered many ways, but if they were not answer as the book had them they were wrong. Frustrating painful experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions I couldn't hear, and the ones without context   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with a recruiter with some questions about myself and a few technical questions. Expectations (position, responsibility, compensation, etc) were set before moving forward to the next step. It took two more technical skills tests that lasted about an hour over the phone and an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I was given a verbal offer on the spot and an offer letter in a couple days.

Interview Questions

• It was a question about graphics / topology - how to do lines between a few points drawn on the whiteboard without the lines crossing each other.   3 Answers
    • Authorization vs Authentication.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't much to negotiate. The salary range was set per position and the best way to get a better pay is to do better on initial phone call with the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in April 2017.

Interview

First round was HR screening, just went through my resume and then forwarded my resume to the hiring manner.

Second Round was technical phone interview with the Solutions Developer, asked some basic ASP.NET questions and C# questions. Told he was happy with my answers and that I have been selected for the next round.

Third round was within a week of the 2nd interview round. The interview was with a Manger with a developer background, I was asked to prepare a presentation on the projects what I had worked on and he asked me technical questions and behavioral questions from that. He too informed me that he was satisfied with me and that he'll recommend to hire me to his director. However, he clearly mentioned that it doesn't mean I'll get the job offer because there other considerations that come into play like expected salary, experience etc etc.

I'm yet to receive an offer from them... Will update if I do.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between session and viewstate   Answer Question
    • What are the OOPS concepts   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between multithreading and parallel processing   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between abstract class and interface   Answer Question
    • Can you explain the challenges you faced in each project and how you overcame them   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avanade (Florence (Italy)) in October 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview of 1 hour, with technical questions about the Resume, about the knowledge, and about my aspirations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation