Avanade Solutions Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avanade Solutions Developer Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process comprised of three interviews. The first interview was a general behavioral interview discussing how well I am with some Microsoft technologies, explanation of the job, and how I see technology will be in the next 5 years. The second interview was with another Avanade consultant where he asked some quick general questions and I asked many questions about the company and working for Avanade. I was pretty much interviewing them. The final interview was in person, it was supposed to be a technical interview; however, it was really just a conversation. The last interview was pretty much behavioral revolving around technology. This may because I had some projects already on my GitHub to show, or possibly just the hiring manager's interview style.

Interview Questions

• What technology do you think will take off in the next five years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avanade

Solution Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

There were four interviews. The first was an intensive behavioral phone interview. The questions drew heavily from project leadership and group management in my past. The second was a phone interview where I spoke with a member of the team. I was required to have my own questions prepared in order to have a better understanding of the position and display my interest in the position. The third was a phone interview with the head of the team where they asked me question pertaining to my past projects with a few behavioral questions repeated from my original interview. I was also asked where I saw technology in the next 10 years and then 20 years. The final interview was an in person interview. It was fairly informal and they pretty much seemed sold on me so I answered a few more questions, asked about some logistics, and was told they'd contact me soon.

Application

Interview

Very long, almost a 2 month process. You have to go through 4 interviews, 3 phone screenings and 1 office as the final one where basically the top local employee destroys you during a case study against other people competing against you. It definitely challenge your critical thinking because you have to be creative on the spot as they throw different real work questions at you. They're basically testing your mental fortitude.

Interview Questions

• Figuring out all the details of being a consultant on the particular case without knowing the full expectation of the consultants.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

They hired me and redacted their offer in the end due to financial reasons. Overall, the interviewing process was very pleasant. I had a personal recruiter who was very attentive throughout the entire process. I had a phone interview with her, followed by a phone interview with a senior manager, and then was invited to an interview day with about 15 other college-aged students. There, we had 1:1 interviews with various staff members, supervised team building activities, and we had to write an essay.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with programming languages, such as HTML?   Answer Question

Solution Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Process took 3 weeks. Interview at avanade. Phone screening interview, basically go over my resume then ask some questions about Avanade.

Solution Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional. All campus recruiters really knew what they were talking about and what they were doing.

There were 2 main phone interviews with the recruiter.

- These questions were based on your school projects and current technologies.

One interview with a current employee.

- This was a selling interview where you asked the questions about the position to a person that was in your shoes.

One in-person Final interview in a large metropolitan city.

- This was relaxed with regular interview style questions. You also might speak about in-depth projects you did in school and dabble in your personal characteristics.

Solutions Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avanade.

Interview

Applied online through their career website. A couple months later I received an email from a recruiter asking me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral with a few general technical questions. For example, explain cloud computing to someone who doesn't understand the internet. There were also a few abstract questions such as what would you do you do if your cell phone power button wasn't working. They also asked what I knew about the company and what would make me a good consultant. Then the rest of the time was spent with him explaining to me the hiring process (six weeks of boot camp learning all Microsoft technologies). She also went through a list of technical and soft skills (programming, public speaking, etc) and you had to answer whether you had a basic, proficient, advanced, or expert level of competency with each.

Interview Questions

• If a ping pong ball was stuck in a pipe that is cemented in the ground how would you get it out?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I had FOUR interviews: the first three were technical and had INCREASED in difficulty. The fourth interview was with a Sr. Collab. Mgr., which was all about being a great, cultural fit with the company or not.

The interviews per telephone will be different regional gurus whom are at the top of their craft so if you don't get all of them right, then it's fine. Just answer eloquently and articulately as possible!!! If you do not know it, just don't dilly-dally; be upfront and forward.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of any because I was able to answer at least 50-100 percent of every question of all the questions rendered to me in the interview. On my 2nd technical interview, the guy almost had gotten me based on my Comp. Sci. undergrad days with the "What's' the difference btwn. an ArrayList and a HashTable?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just take what they offer you. Seemingly, it's a great place to acquire a plethora of exposure to the latest and greatest MS technologies. Ask questions, be tenacious, be gracious, and you will enjoy this experience to come.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I got this job thru campus recruiters in beginning of October, applied online, then got back in 2 weeks for my first phone interview. I had 4 rounds of interviews in total. First 3 were phone interviews and 1 last invited-to-office interview. First round was typical, asked general informations and briefly went over my resume. Second round, you have pay attention to, be prepared, the interview last an hour long and they asked behavior questions regarding how do you handle conflict situation with others in working on projects, and problem solving questions and vision in future technology. Third round was speaking with current employee to get know detail about the job, and you will be responsible to ask question and lead the interviews(Do research about the company and prepare good questions). The last one was invited to final round- office interview to meet several Avanade employees, presentation, lunch, 1 on 1 interview with head of director, and writing assessment and group work.
    The entire interview happened in NY but then offered me a position in Bostion which is a bit far from my family, It is ok with me. I accepted the offer, the recruiting process was overall pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There was no real difficult question, review fundamental computer science terminology and be prepared by using STAR method to tell the project you have done or contribute the most(I was not from CS background, but engineering)
      1. explain cloud tech to a 5 year old.
      2. how to get a ping-pong ball out which stuck in a pipe(same diameter) other side buried into ground.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I have recently graduated from college, I think the package was fair for a college graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avanade (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was called by HR office, the went through 3 different interviews. 2 on the phones and the 3 third was on Skype. I received the offer but it required me rot relocate. Then someone after a while I received another call for the same job but this time is local.

Interview Questions

• a lot of technical questions, if you know your field well you will answer most of them. They don't expect you to know it all but most of them or answer them closely.   1 Answer