Avangate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avangate

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avangate in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was done over the phone and then in person. Very basic questions and did not involve anything too difficult.

They initially missed the phone interview time frame and had to call back later in the week, which was frustrating at the time.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in dealing with solving conflict?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avangate (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Series of 14 interviews over 2 months. Lengthy to the point of being ludicrous. First set of interviews were screens, followed by a second set of pretty standard questions. After that point, most of the questions were subjective (ie: no right or wrong answer- but showed personality/preferences). During the process the VP of Sales was replaced- as well as several interviewers (2 others). After 14 interviews, it was down to me and one other candidate.
    While I was not selected (no hard feelings on that part), I have one major complaint: they stiffed me for expenses! Yes, you read it correctly. There was no misinformation on my part (20+ yrs of sales experience, seasoned pro). They had me fill out their form, and after 6 or 7 attempts to have it paid, they stopped responding. It was over $350 (1 night hotel that they recommended and rental car, basic food) of legitimate expenses which they said in writing that they would pay--- and they left me holding the bag!!!.
    My advice would be not to bother with these hacks, I have never seen any company do such a thing. Very unprofessional. Better yet, go to complaint board dot com and see their reviews. I wish I had before wasting my time and money.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would set up a regional sales strategy for the entire east coast.   Answer Question

Solutions Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avangate (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about the opportunity who convinced me to apply. The hiring manager initially refused to speak to me because I did not work at a well known tech company. Eventually the recruiter convinced the manager to speak with me, but it was clear that he did it as a favor, not because he thought I was a viable candidate. A couple of days later, the recruiter told me that the hiring manager thought I was the smartest candidate he spoke with, but still decided to pass because I did not work at a well known tech company.

Very insulting and a major waste of my time.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avangate (Bucharest (Romania)) in October 2011.

Interview

the HR team is very friendly and open minded, so don't be afraid to speak your mind
    There are between 4 and 6 interviews: with HR, future colleagues, direct manager, upper management, practical test (for Development/ Tehnical positions)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate hard your salary, because it will take a while until you will be able to get a raise