Avant Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avant Healthcare Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avant Healthcare

Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avant Healthcare (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was trying to fill a specific role. He was persistent and I had nothing to lose, so I agreed to submit my resume. I ended up interviewing with someone in operations and a Sr VP. Long story short: they said they liked me, I thought I liked them. Then they gave me a writing test which was actually more of a strategic design project. It required more time and effort than I was interested in, so I told the recruiter I was not interested. He talked me into doing it anyway, insisted they were focused on specific elements. Clearly, I underwhelmed them because once they received it I never heard another peep out of them. For a company that positioned itself as cutting edge and a place where exciting things were happening, they could use some basic professional etiquette.

Project Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Avant Healthcare (Carmel, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Found the posting through LinkedIn. Applied through the company website. Took about 2 months until I received initial request for interview. One in person interview and then was invited back for a second interview which included a job shadow and panel interview. Part of the job shadow was a skills evaluation.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avant Healthcare (Carmel, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Resume uploaded: site very easy! It was so nice to not be mandated to re-enter all the info available on the resume. contact from HR was quick and friendly, interview scheduled quickly. Asked and was told who I would be interviewing with. Interview was friendly and non intimidating, interviewers were clear and open. Received call back within the stated time frame, even though I wasn't asked to continue in the process--that was a very nice change of pace from the government processes I'm accustomed to.

Interview Questions

• None. My toughest point was drawing correlations between my type of experience and the necessary skill sets for the position.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avant Healthcare (Carmel, IN).

Interview

This is a very thorough interviewing process. Cultural fit is an important aspect of working at Avant Healthcare (DWA). You will need to highlight any experiences in healthcare, as they see that as a must-have to enter at this level. Additionally they will want to see some kind of project management experience. They will certainly ask what systems you have used in the past for your project management and whether you are familiar with PMI methodology.

Part of the screening is a personality test. You will have an initial interview most likely with HR and possibly the hiring manager. Should you get past that, there will be a second interview, more than likely a panel interview where they each have pre-printed and standard questions. You will also have to write an essay-like answer to a case study within the healthcare industry.

They will allow you to shadow someone who currently works in a similar position that you are looking to fill.

Interview Questions

• Although the process is fairly tedious, the people are warm and friendly. The environment is not hostile, even in the panel interview. The questions they ask are designed to get a thorough understanding of your experiences. If you lie or stretch the truth, they will expose it in the cross-fire nature of the panel. If hired, they assess you at 30, 60 and 90 days. They will not hesitate to terminate employment in the first 90 days if you do not meet the requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have the experience they are looking for, you can typically negotiate up and they will be willing to pay a bit more than their original offer. If you only have similar experiences, but not in healthcare, you will have less wiggle room.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Avant Healthcare (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Their interview and immigration process are the top of the line. They know what they are doing and have a lot of human resources to help you out. Their training and transition program is superb than than the rest of international recruiting agencies.