Avascent Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

3.2

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds, a Skype one and an in-person one in DC. I found the Skype interview fair, it consisted of a behavioral round and a case. They informed me of the structure beforehand. If one wants to do consulting, one should really be familiar with this format. My feeling from reading other reviews here is that many people were not prepared for consulting type interview. This would be a mistake, by my lights. Especially since Skype is a somewhat awkward medium for a case question.
I enjoyed the in person round, something I thought I would never say about a job interview. I interviewed with various employees across different levels, and they were all engaged and interesting. Again, they were very communicative about the setup beforehand. No real way to prepare for this, just make sure you have read up on the company and industry.

In summary, everyone was very kind and professional, and the interview was pretty in line with the other consulting ones I have done, just a little more involved: BAH, Deloitte S&O, IBM, ACN, etc.

If it means anything, I found it very easy to choose Avascent when I got my offers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avascent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

Ok interview... just please look at my resume before the case interview... obviously a liberal art history major would not do well on the case interview. And the fact that after the case interview the administrator told me he didn't see my resume and asked what school I went to was prettty debasing and unfair (especially when it's case material that I could understand within a day-I.e. Not hard. Horrible investment of my time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complex if you understand contemporary global security issues.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

First round was a 30 minute behavioral and a case study, which was of the hand-hold variety.

Final round was at their office in DC and consisted of five interviews, one with someone who was definitely high.

I walked away from the interviews with zero respect for the company and its leadership.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your undergraduate institution?   Answer Question
    • What background do you have in aeronautics and defense?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of a 30 min case interview and 30 min behavioral. Final round was in DC and consisted of five interviews, but no cases. Interested in technical skills, background doing research and my presentation skills.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent.

Interview

On-campus interview that consisted of a behavioral and case interview. On-site interview that consisted of meetings with peers and other more senior staff. On-site interview did not include a case but was a fit interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent.

Interview

I applied through the school's website and got an on campus interview. The two interviewers were nice, though one was an intimidating ex-military type. They came to campus and did 2 30 minute interviews. One was a case interview, the other a "fit" interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview made up of a case-interview and a resume/traditional interview. The order was not fixed. The case interview was a little more challenging because it involved doing multiple percent shifts in my head. The nature of the case and the structure/iterative nature thereof made discourse with the interviewer a little more difficult. The other interview was a straight forward resume and qualifications review. The interviewer was quite nice and it felt more like a nice conversation as opposed to a simple question and answer interview.

Interview Questions

• Of all the consultancy firms in the area, why do I want to work at Avascent?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your resume and teams you worked on?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avascent in October 2015.

Interview

1 45-minute straight forward behavioral fit questions interview. Another 45-minute pretty standard case interview. I was not prepared for the math portion of the case. Additionally, it was my first live case, so did not preform well in this portion and did not expect to receive an offer.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's career website and was given an on-campus resume and case interview, then a second-round in person at Avascent's DC office. Second-round interviews included meetings with a potential peer and manager, lunch with two junior staff members, an overview of compensation and benefits with HR, and finally a meeting with the company's President, Steve Irwin.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, they called me to schedule an interview at their offices. Interview was in two parts. First 30 minutes was a typical interview, reviewing my resume and going over the position.

The second part was a case interview (also 30 minutes) that looked at a hypothetical business consulting situation where you are expected to analyze the data given to you and provide your analysis on the spot. Requires some "back of the envelope" math. Definitely requires practice and preparation if you haven't done case interviews before.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were typical interview questions: why do you want to work here, describe yourself/ your experience, what are your greatest strengths, etc.   Answer Question