Avascent Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

3.1

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds, a Skype one and an in-person one in DC. I found the Skype interview fair, it consisted of a behavioral round and a case. They informed me of the structure beforehand. If one wants to do consulting, one should really be familiar with this format. My feeling from reading other reviews here is that many people were not prepared for consulting type interview. This would be a mistake, by my lights. Especially since Skype is a somewhat awkward medium for a case question.
    I enjoyed the in person round, something I thought I would never say about a job interview. I interviewed with various employees across different levels, and they were all engaged and interesting. Again, they were very communicative about the setup beforehand. No real way to prepare for this, just make sure you have read up on the company and industry.

In summary, everyone was very kind and professional, and the interview was pretty in line with the other consulting ones I have done, just a little more involved: BAH, Deloitte S&O, IBM, ACN, etc.

If it means anything, I found it very easy to choose Avascent when I got my offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

Ok interview... just please look at my resume before the case interview... obviously a liberal art history major would not do well on the case interview. And the fact that after the case interview the administrator told me he didn't see my resume and asked what school I went to was prettty debasing and unfair (especially when it's case material that I could understand within a day-I.e. Not hard. Horrible investment of my time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too complex if you understand contemporary global security issues.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC).

Interview

First round was a 30 minute behavioral and a case study, which was of the hand-hold variety.

Final round was at their office in DC and consisted of five interviews, one with someone who was definitely high.

I walked away from the interviews with zero respect for the company and its leadership.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your undergraduate institution?   Answer Question
    • What background do you have in aeronautics and defense?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round interview consisted of a 30 min case interview and 30 min behavioral. Final round was in DC and consisted of five interviews, but no cases. Interested in technical skills, background doing research and my presentation skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting site, was notified about an on campus interview within a few weeks. The on campus interview was back-to-back with 30 minutes of behavioral followed by 30 minutes of case. The case itself was focused around the defense industry, so some knowledge here could be useful and the case wasn't too difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview made up of a case-interview and a resume/traditional interview. The order was not fixed. The case interview was a little more challenging because it involved doing multiple percent shifts in my head. The nature of the case and the structure/iterative nature thereof made discourse with the interviewer a little more difficult. The other interview was a straight forward resume and qualifications review. The interviewer was quite nice and it felt more like a nice conversation as opposed to a simple question and answer interview.

Interview Questions

• Of all the consultancy firms in the area, why do I want to work at Avascent?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your resume and teams you worked on?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward; 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case. During the behavioral, the interviewer focuses most on how well you will fit into Avascent. He asks you questions like why Avascent, what experiences you had that would make you a good fit, and how your education has taught you the skills for you to succeed at Avascent. The case was a business situation about a fighter jet manufacturing company. It was pretty straightforward, but you definitely need to practice beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How did your education at University teach you the skills necessary to excel at Avascent?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was friendly, engaging, and fairly straightforward. They're looking for candidates who are competent consultants (so brush up on Case in Point or other case studies). Overall, the process was much more painless than other consulting interviews-- my interview consisted of an on campus interview and a final on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

2 back to back interviews. One behavioural. 1 case. Behavioural was straightforward, talk about why Avascent, defence & aerospace etc. Case was about a firm trying to expand into a new market. Relatively simple and similar to the kind of projects that Avascent deals with. They're looking for a logical, simple answer. Reading up abut trends in the Aerospace and defenSe industries would help.

Interview Questions

• Why Avascent?
      Why did you chose to attend this school?
      Experiences from your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avascent (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, they called me to schedule an interview at their offices. Interview was in two parts. First 30 minutes was a typical interview, reviewing my resume and going over the position.

The second part was a case interview (also 30 minutes) that looked at a hypothetical business consulting situation where you are expected to analyze the data given to you and provide your analysis on the spot. Requires some "back of the envelope" math. Definitely requires practice and preparation if you haven't done case interviews before.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were typical interview questions: why do you want to work here, describe yourself/ your experience, what are your greatest strengths, etc.   Answer Question