Avature Interview Questions in Madrid | Glassdoor

Avature Interview Questions in Madrid

Interviews at Avature

3.4

Implementation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after submitting my resume, about 2-3 days later. The process had 3 interviews, the 1st one was a regular screening through a video call with a super nice recruiter, I had applied to another position yet she told me that they were looking for someone with a little more seniority, BUT she told me I could be a fit for another position. This interview was a lot about me and what can I contribute to Avature, there were no exercises or tests at this moment, some English was carried during the interview. A couple days later they contacted me and set up a 2nd meeting with someone from my department through a video call where the interview consisted solely on brain teasers, the recruiter wasn’t looking for a wrong or right answer, she wanted to see how you approach a problem and how your reasoning helps you out, she would sometimes hand some tips if you got stuck. Couple more days later and I receive an email asking for another interview at their HQ here in Madrid. I met with a super nice consultant, this phase was mostly about telling me everything related to the position and its daily tasks, I spoke only for about 25% of the interview and it was all about my experience. Couple more days and they told me I would receive an offer :)

Interview Questions

• Why Avature?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you have failed, what would you do differently if you were in the same situation?   Answer Question
    • What would be your biggest contribution to Avature?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2019.

Interview

First interview was via Skype was great, very friendly and enthusiastic.
    Second was a test of your analytical thinking. I was told that I didn’t need to get the answers correct as it’s about solving problems WITH the staff member so they can see you share your thoughts. They encouraged you to think out loud, ask questions and act upon suggestions. When I actually went through the questions I showed my working out and acted upon the suggestions. It was not easy however since the staff member already knew the answer it meant that was what they were expecting (even though I was assured it didn’t have to be correct...but I got them all correct).
    When I received feedback the reason for not goi further was that I had too many guesses.

Interview Questions

• You have two sand timers, one with 7 mins and one with 11 mins. Make 15 mins with them.   Answer Question

Nov 26, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience interviewing with us.

We do our best to manage the process according to your availability and to provide valuable information on every step. We encourage you to ask questions, to get the information that’s interesting for you, as this can change from candidate to candidate.

We noticed you are interested in learning languages, Avature has a strong learning culture. Even though we are not offering this at the moment, there are other learning opportunities (like the Avature Academia or Conference Days). We are working hard to continue to expand on our learning offering, as we understand becoming better professionals is key to our long term success.

Rgarding your comments on the Logic interview, tt’s a difficult job to accompany the candidate during the interview which is why we constantly train our interviewers so that they can become better at what they do. We encourage you to communicate directly with our Talent Acquisition team, so that we can review your feedback with the corresponding interviewer.

Lastly, we are always available to provide feedback on all of our hiring process. You can send a request to our Talent Acquisition team and we’ll make sure to deliver this to you.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2019.

Interview

Four phases: recruiter talk, logic puzzle, hiring manager interviews and then reference check. The process was really fast and agile. Really enjoyed the experiences with all the people I talked with.

Interview Questions

Avature Response

Sep 9, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2018.

Interview

The process began with a personal interview with a person from the People team. She was very kind and did a great job making me feeling comfortable. The duration of the interview was quite long (around 2 hours) but very interesting in terms of the given information and the questions she made, with time to speak about myself.

After this 1:1 I was asked to solve, at home, a technical exercise using an online platform called Codility. The platform works very well in terms of stability and features, but I think that it is too much for an interview. The platform measures EVERYTHING, even in which second you change something, if you are in the Codility tab or have changed to another, when you test your solution, when you submit it, etc. It puts a lot of pressure on you knowing that everything about how you code is being measured. I suppose that it was also recorded.

Apart from that, the exercise consisted of 3 tasks, each one slightly more difficult than the previous one. They were programming exercises related with algorithms and data structures, with a limit time of 2,5 hours to solve all three. It wasn't my best shot but I think that I solved correctly 2 of the 3 tasks, leaving the more difficult blank because I was out of time.

I submitted the exercise and the day after I was communicated that I did not continue in the process, with no information about why. It was kind of disappointed as I thought it was good enough to deserve a defense call or meeting, but I didn't have opportunity to explain why I solved the problems that way or what I felt during the test.

I wrote back, very politely, asking for more information regarding why I failed so miserably, with silence in return.

I think that the technical process of Avature Madrid is broken, and they have to polish a couple of things:

1) Having that the 1:1 with the People person was OK, with a lot of info and care with the candidate, I thought it will be the same if the process was not successful. Candidates deserve to know its errors and why they failed, or why they did not fit the position.

2) Doing a programming test without a technical 1:1 is not enough to screen a candidate, and the same the other way around. Both things could give a lot of information about a person technical background, when only one could give false positives or negatives.

3) Codility test was too much, puts a lot of pressure over the candidate, raising the nervous state to the max, avoiding a relaxed situation in which you can think and achieve the best solution. I think these kind of tests are obsolete, they are very prone to false negatives and positives, and a technical 1:1 with questions and debate plus a programming test with no time pressure nor this NSA-like surveillance is more accurate in order to measure a candidate knowledge. But, obviously, is easier to check the results from the platform than review carefully the code written individually, looking for something aside from the correctness of the solution.

Apr 11, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi - thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed feedback. We have recently changed our process to add the online programming test and we are still adjusting our process. There are two important things to clarify here:
    1. We do respond to feedback requests. Your recruiter might have not had time to address it yet, or could have slipped the email, so please follow up with them and we will get you the information.
    2. The test is typically a first step towards an onsite interview, but there are some minimum requirements to pass. Your code was reviewed by a technical interviewer to make this decision, it is not done on the test results alone. However, I do understand why you might think it is a stressful situation. There fore we invite you to practice using Codlitiy's lessons and re-take the programming test in the future, if you feel more ready for this.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in November 2019.

Interview

Proceso muy decepcionante. Me contactan para decirme que tienen puestos a tiempo parcial de 6h pero al comentar que solo me sería posible de 4h me contestan que no tendría ningún problema ya que son muy flexibles con eso. Hago un test de programación online de 2 horas y a continuación me llaman para una entrevista técnica personal en su oficina que duró 2 horas y media (algo excesivo desde mi punto de vista). Después de esto me dicen que lo sienten pero que ha habido un malentendido y que sólo tienen ofertas de mínimo 6 horas al día. Una perdida total de mi tiempo después de dejar claro desde el principio lo que me interesaba. Para nada recomendable según mi experiencia.