Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Contracting Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and then referred to the hiring manager, then wait for response. I was never contacted back by either the recruiter or the hiring manager. The recruiting firm also was never contacted by any additional parties

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

It takes about one week to arrange the onsite interview. All the interviewers were from South Asian. The whole process took about two hours.The questions were mostly focused on object oriented programming and operating systems. No algorithm problems was asked. They emphasized some kind of detailed programming syntax problems.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a Talent Acquisition person to arrange a time to set up a phone interview. It took a couple of days and some prompting to get a response. I first spoke with the Talent Acquisition person about my background, experience, etc. Then, a second phone interview was set up to speak with a team member a couple of days later. I spoke with a manager in the Marketing team, who asked me questions about my background, experience, skills, what I would bring to the role, etc. I asked her about the team structure, where my role would lie in the overall team, and the main challenges that they were looking for the Marketing Associate to address. Overall, it went very well.

I prompted the Talent Acquisition person a couple of days later for feedback and next steps since I hadn't heard anything back yet. They said they would follow up with the interviewer. No timeline was given. A week later, I had received no feedback, so I sent another email and was told that the interview went well and they would get back to me asap. Nearly 2 weeks later I emailed again to ask if there was any progress and was provided with the exact same answer 2 days later. I asked if there was any idea of a timeline for next steps at all since I was going to receive offers from other companies soon. I received the exact same answer (copy pasted) again, so I decided not to write back anymore.

Over a week later, I finally received an email saying the position was put on hold for this quarter. All in all, a complete waste of time with poor communication throughout the process. It would not encourage me to apply for a position again.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would make you suitable for this role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

This is first round interview from Avaya
    1. introduction of myself, which takes 3 mins.
    2. projects on resume, and what kind of technology employ, what difficulty encountered and how to solve it.
    3. 2 coding questions. Write on the IDE locally and share screen with the interviewer

Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya in August 2015.

Interview

A Recruiter contacted me and we talked for about 20 minutes. She said she'd forward my information. What I don't like about the screening process is that there's no follow up and I find that unprofessional. I like to have closure as I move through the process. My feelings won't be hurt if I don't move to the next step. I want communication.

Sales Operations Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral so the process was very smooth...I did not need to meet with the recruiter or anyone in Human Resources. I applied online after the referral did their thing. The recruiter sent me an email asking for times I would be available for the interview. I proposed a time and it was set with no problems. Received an email with instructions on using the web meeting. Overall it was a good experience. I was the first interview so I will have to wait a bit to hear how I stacked up against the competition.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of situational questions to see how I handled them.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya in June 2015.

Interview

Phone and video-conference interviews with hiring managers and peers. First interviewed with HR, basic phone screen. Next a one-on-one with the hiring manager which went very well by his feedback. Next a group video-conference which was very strange. Avaya has you download their video-conference client, which may or may not be supported by your browser/OS environment. Make sure you test it thoroughly long before your meeting. Even then it may still give you problems.
    The group was made up of a peer, the hiring manager, his peer, and his boss.
    Some of the people were on video, others on cell phone only - communication issues were challenging. Questions were presented along the lines of "describe how you deal with X or Y". There did not seem to be a logical order and they admitted to "breaking script".
    The biggest concern - one of the group was using the video-conference chat sidebar to talk about me as I was answering questions. apparently unaware that I could see everything he was typing.
    This had a very distracting effect for me. Perhaps that was by design, but I found it very unprofessional. Further, I would have expected senior level sales engineers to be familiar with how video-conference features work, particularly when they are of their own design.
    Though I was not made an offer, I did not follow up after this call and likely would not have accepted.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult - standard "How do you deal with objections" type of stuff.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me back and forth to schedule a call. Eventually we settled a time on the same day over the phone but she never called me back on that day. Disappointing process and unprofessional recruiting staff.

Software Engineer - New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process for new graduate role was very smooth. I got a call from the hiring manager who talked about 30 minutes discussing my resume and qualifications. Then I got onsite call where I met 4 people - 45 minutes each. They tell you to be calm and relaxed and it is comforting environment for the interview but stay alert. They look for behavioral skills more than technical. Technical questions were average one apart from one interview in which I was given a tough programming question.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avaya in April 2015.

Interview

It was 30mins phone interview, the recruiter said he would contact in case of selection. Questions like ARP, OSPF & RIP. Resume was selected from a job fair that was held in the school.

Interview Questions

• Mainly consisted of basic networking related questions and then some basic commands in linux.
      Overall a good experience, interview not very difficult.
      Answer Question