Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Fault Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (New York, NY).

Interview

4 Interviews to land to the job. One with HR, one technical and one with the manager. All the interviews were one on one and the duration was at least 1 hour each. The offer in this case included a 4 months training to learn all Avaya technologies so the technical was more to learn your technical level.

Interview Questions

• Main concepts of Routers, switches, media gateways, VPN, etc.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had one call with Recruiter and only 1:1 interview with the hiring manager (which seems to me too short process for a Senior Manager position and didn't give me a good view of the company)

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me to send him an email describing the interview we had, my understanding and repeating the questions and answers.   1 Answer

Remote Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by Avaya, I didn't seek them out. They had three phone interviews with me. One was a preinterview to see if we were a good fit for each other, the second was a technical interview with what would be a senior coworker and the last was with the hiring manager and HR.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was a new created job so they took my input on job and we draw out a plan for the job. I liked the Manager at the time. He was a good listener.

Interview Questions

• What would be your escalation path?   1 Answer

Contracting Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and then referred to the hiring manager, then wait for response. I was never contacted back by either the recruiter or the hiring manager. The recruiting firm also was never contacted by any additional parties

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

It takes about one week to arrange the onsite interview. All the interviewers were from South Asian. The whole process took about two hours.The questions were mostly focused on object oriented programming and operating systems. No algorithm problems was asked. They emphasized some kind of detailed programming syntax problems.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process began with sending in my resume to Human resources who did a screening interview. I then received a phone call from the hiring manager within 2 weeks. The last interview was via video with the Director of the deparment.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a Talent Acquisition person to arrange a time to set up a phone interview. It took a couple of days and some prompting to get a response. I first spoke with the Talent Acquisition person about my background, experience, etc. Then, a second phone interview was set up to speak with a team member a couple of days later. I spoke with a manager in the Marketing team, who asked me questions about my background, experience, skills, what I would bring to the role, etc. I asked her about the team structure, where my role would lie in the overall team, and the main challenges that they were looking for the Marketing Associate to address. Overall, it went very well.

I prompted the Talent Acquisition person a couple of days later for feedback and next steps since I hadn't heard anything back yet. They said they would follow up with the interviewer. No timeline was given. A week later, I had received no feedback, so I sent another email and was told that the interview went well and they would get back to me asap. Nearly 2 weeks later I emailed again to ask if there was any progress and was provided with the exact same answer 2 days later. I asked if there was any idea of a timeline for next steps at all since I was going to receive offers from other companies soon. I received the exact same answer (copy pasted) again, so I decided not to write back anymore.

Over a week later, I finally received an email saying the position was put on hold for this quarter. All in all, a complete waste of time with poor communication throughout the process. It would not encourage me to apply for a position again.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would make you suitable for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

This is first round interview from Avaya
    1. introduction of myself, which takes 3 mins.
    2. projects on resume, and what kind of technology employ, what difficulty encountered and how to solve it.
    3. 2 coding questions. Write on the IDE locally and share screen with the interviewer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It will have two question in the interview. It will require you to write and put the result on the screen. one is about rectangle. You can find them online and you need to do the leetcode. It is helpful.