Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

through interview process there were only 3 rounds, ( 1st with HR to access my profile, 2nd with the hiring manager and tech lead to validate my knowledge base and 3rd with HR again to finalize).

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

i had a telephonic round 1st then followed by a 1:1 and had a panel of members to interview then the fianl HR round.

Interview Questions

• technically i had few questions were i was not able to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

i did not negotiate anything as i was happy with the offer i got

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Galway (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR and was given two weeks notice to come in for the first interview.
    I waited another week to hear back and was then called for my second interview with 2 days notice.
    Both interview lasted well over 1.5 hours.
    Both went very well.
    A week after the second interview, I received a call from HR to say they would like to offer me a position. This included salary details etc.
    I accepted and received my contract within a week.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a large feature to complete within a certain time frame, and a couple of weeks in you realise it won't be possible to get everything delivered, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you react if a senior software engineer was questioning your decisions but you knew you were 100% correct.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Avaya (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was an enjoyable process which was tough and at the same time fair. You must know your stuff in order to ace the interview. Interview process was relatively fast, completed all 6 rounds of interview within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you view the industry is heading towards in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Automation Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)).

Interview

Got call from the company directly
    Went for the technical discussion. The interviewer wasn't ready to listen to my answer. As soon as I answer correct he answers the same thing with impression that I am wrong. Literally happened in all the questions. And 60% of questions asked were in hindi. I am.not judging but if I answer correct don't repeat the same thing like you gave the correct answer. Not at all feeling sad about not getting selected.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was tough; took 6 rounds but it was a great process. Great test of technical skills through a number of technical review with senior technical leadership and soft skills with senior business leadership.

Interview Questions

• What would be the few things you would do during the first 30 days onboard?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to Avaya through college placement cell. Placement procedure was smooth and took 2 days. On the first day, students had aptitude exam which consists of maths, little bit of English but was easy. Out of 100 students, 20 students were shortlisted for technical interview.
    On the next day, first we had technical interview then followed by HR. Questions asked during technical interview was quite difficult mainly to test your concepts about communication, data structures and algorithms and also had few core electronics and telecommunications questions.
    Overall experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Frequency ranges of WiFi, Bluetooth
      Stack, Link List code using C language   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya in April 2012.

Interview

It was very professional.
    There were a total of 5 rounds. 3 technical, 1 with the hiring manager, and 1 with the HR. Overall, what the interviewers were very helpful and direct. On questions, which I did not know much about, they were fine to go on to the next one.

Interview Questions

• a) Questions related to your experience/resume
      b) 1 round dedicated to data networking TCP/IP, Routing protocols
      c) 1 round related to C programming (data structures, linked lists, trees)
      d) 1 round related to OS concepts (threads, malloc, etc)   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Avaya selected about 30 odd students after the aptitude test for the interview. It was conducted in two phases viz. technical and HR. The interview was conducted 2 on 1 on the both the technical and HR front. The questions were a bit challenging. Two students were selected by the company.

Interview Questions

• Different types of errors possible in an ATM vending machine?
      Algorithm to find the heaviest of ten items.   Answer Question

R & D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Hiring Process
    -Aptiude test
    -45 minutes(Quantitative C)
    --Question on code snippets and their output
    -45 minutes(Quantitative Aptitude)
    --Aptitude was a bit hard compared to others
    Interview Process
    -Technical Interview
    --Technical questions on data structures,computer networks,OS,etc
    -Manager Interview