Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is bit delayed due to internal approvals. Interview process kick starts immediately but positions will not get closed within 2-3 weeks even after finalizing the candidates. Patience is required if you wish to step in to Avaya

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Paris (France)) in March 2014.

Interview

First a phone meeting followed by a meeting with the country manager , after this a second meeting with the human resources, and at the end a last meeting with the European sales manager.

Devops Interview

Interview

2 rounds. 1 with team and another with manager. Initial round was a video interview with the devops team which was around 1 hr. Manager call was less than 10 min. rejected after the manager call.

Module Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

First written test. Technical and aptitude. This is mandatory for all, that was what I was told .
    3 rounds. First technical interview. Followed by managerial interview, and at last HR interview. HR was mostly discussion.
    First two happened on the same day. HR happened on next day.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my skills. Very little on past projects. But that depends on the interview panel. Some questions on logic.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Avaya does not know how to handle interview process for these positions. They do not understand how to articulate their value proposition to potential candidate especially as a company trying to emerge out of Chapter 11 and falling revenue & profitability. Primarily they expect candidate agreeing to interview would have done their research and would put up hard questions and it is the candidate who is evaluating the potential of Avaya not the other way round. Another feeling one gets its while interacting with Avaya during the interview process is that this is a company with 20th-century mindset which will not work in today's environment.They try to portray that company is trying to reinvent itself but when probing questions are asked the whole pitch falls flat and whole jargon which company executives throw further exposes the fact company does not understand modern customer mindset , the market requirement and options customers have today. Avaya is also weak in communicating to the candidate and generally you different messages from the Hiring manager and HR BP. I am dropping out of the process as I see company not honest and open and has very poor communication handling.

Interview Questions

• Standard multi-round interview process gave the impression that this was just for sake of showing to the candidate they are serious in evaluating them but in most of the cases interviewers are ill-prepared and try to bail out moment probing questions are asked. They try to do face to face interview using Annoying Avaya video solutions which is a good idea but it does not work especially if a candidate uses latest and best devices, it took me two round to figure out Avaya video solutions work only with out of vogue devices and operating systems., extremely annoying as half the time in session is wasted in just trying to connect in this era of intuitive user experiences and leaves a bad impression about Avaya.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Total process took about 3 weeks. I applied through the career website and received an email from the HR rep. I had two phone interviews, a panel interview and a final video interview with the Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

• Create a 90 day sales plan   Answer Question
    • What are three words yours friends and family would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • How do you overcome objections or when a potential client tells you no?   Answer Question

SMA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was fast only 15mins i guess it took. But hiring process is lengthy. 2 or more months. Have patience and if you have done well. you will get selected. Back ground verification happens first and then offer is rolled out.

Interview Questions

• Basics to advance level short and crisp information security questiones   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was appropriate according to the selected position. There were 3/4 interviews to finally get an offer; once accepted it, the background screening process started, the wait till they defined the ingress data.

Sales and Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in January 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward with general questions about my past experience and I was asked to prepare a BP to be delivered based on a generic problem that was presented to be solved. It covered my skills on business acumen and ability to put together a BP

Interview Questions

• To give concrete examples of succesfull projects I delivered   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic technical questions c++ Java etc which are you belong
    Simple algorithm and ds questions
    Willingness to work on Avaya products
    Any prior product development experience
    After wards hr interview
    Strong bv check
    Delays in releaseing offer letter