Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.9

Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya in August 2015.

Interview

A Recruiter contacted me and we talked for about 20 minutes. She said she'd forward my information. What I don't like about the screening process is that there's no follow up and I find that unprofessional. I like to have closure as I move through the process. My feelings won't be hurt if I don't move to the next step. I want communication.

Sales Operations Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral so the process was very smooth...I did not need to meet with the recruiter or anyone in Human Resources. I applied online after the referral did their thing. The recruiter sent me an email asking for times I would be available for the interview. I proposed a time and it was set with no problems. Received an email with instructions on using the web meeting. Overall it was a good experience. I was the first interview so I will have to wait a bit to hear how I stacked up against the competition.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a number of situational questions to see how I handled them.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya in June 2015.

Interview

Phone and video-conference interviews with hiring managers and peers. First interviewed with HR, basic phone screen. Next a one-on-one with the hiring manager which went very well by his feedback. Next a group video-conference which was very strange. Avaya has you download their video-conference client, which may or may not be supported by your browser/OS environment. Make sure you test it thoroughly long before your meeting. Even then it may still give you problems.
    The group was made up of a peer, the hiring manager, his peer, and his boss.
    Some of the people were on video, others on cell phone only - communication issues were challenging. Questions were presented along the lines of "describe how you deal with X or Y". There did not seem to be a logical order and they admitted to "breaking script".
    The biggest concern - one of the group was using the video-conference chat sidebar to talk about me as I was answering questions. apparently unaware that I could see everything he was typing.
    This had a very distracting effect for me. Perhaps that was by design, but I found it very unprofessional. Further, I would have expected senior level sales engineers to be familiar with how video-conference features work, particularly when they are of their own design.
    Though I was not made an offer, I did not follow up after this call and likely would not have accepted.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult - standard "How do you deal with objections" type of stuff.   Answer Question

Rotation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avaya (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers. One was the manager of the team and the other was the lead for the project i would be working on if i were offered a position. The interviewers at first gave me a brief overview of the work they would be doing and also gave me an idea about what they expect from the intern over summer. They started off with my resume and asked me quite a bit about the Network Processor Projects i have done during my academics at USC. This was because they required someone who could program a Network Processor. Most of the question were from my resume and they also touched up on my work Experience from Ericsson. All in all they were looking to see if I was upto the task and if i could think on my feet.

Interview Questions

• Pointing to a specific job role from my work at Ericsson they asked if I had faced any issues working with the assigned tasks and if so how I was able to handle it.   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial contact via a contracting agency lead to 1-1 interview with hiring manager at a coffee shop. Nothing too tricky, it was more of an assessment of stylistic fit, investigating how my previous experience would be applied in a Avaya-specific context. Little did I know the style of the manager at the interview stage was not all the style that was followed in the actual job. Glad that the hiring manager left shortly after I accepted.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me back and forth to schedule a call. Eventually we settled a time on the same day over the phone but she never called me back on that day. Disappointing process and unprofessional recruiting staff.

OEFC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone then came in for a 1:1 which lasted around 20 mins and was basically told I had the job before I left. I would say as far as interviews go it was pretty easy but that should have been a sign for the type of company it is.

Software Engineer - New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process for new graduate role was very smooth. I got a call from the hiring manager who talked about 30 minutes discussing my resume and qualifications. Then I got onsite call where I met 4 people - 45 minutes each. They tell you to be calm and relaxed and it is comforting environment for the interview but stay alert. They look for behavioral skills more than technical. Technical questions were average one apart from one interview in which I was given a tough programming question.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avaya in April 2015.

Interview

It was 30mins phone interview, the recruiter said he would contact in case of selection. Questions like ARP, OSPF & RIP. Resume was selected from a job fair that was held in the school.

Interview Questions

• Mainly consisted of basic networking related questions and then some basic commands in linux.
      Overall a good experience, interview not very difficult.
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interviews /phone screen then came in for in person interviews with team members. It was a very nice process. All the interviews went very well, it was a smooth process overall, the team I interviewed with were all very professional and super nice people.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, how i might fit with position listed.   1 Answer