Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer - New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process for new graduate role was very smooth. I got a call from the hiring manager who talked about 30 minutes discussing my resume and qualifications. Then I got onsite call where I met 4 people - 45 minutes each. They tell you to be calm and relaxed and it is comforting environment for the interview but stay alert. They look for behavioral skills more than technical. Technical questions were average one apart from one interview in which I was given a tough programming question.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avaya in April 2015.

Interview

It was 30mins phone interview, the recruiter said he would contact in case of selection. Questions like ARP, OSPF & RIP. Resume was selected from a job fair that was held in the school.

Interview Questions

• Mainly consisted of basic networking related questions and then some basic commands in linux.
      Overall a good experience, interview not very difficult.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interviews /phone screen then came in for in person interviews with team members. It was a very nice process. All the interviews went very well, it was a smooth process overall, the team I interviewed with were all very professional and super nice people.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, how i might fit with position listed.   1 Answer

ASA GDCConsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Thornton, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not too complicated. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview with me.
    The actual interview was really friendly and relaxed. A few days after the interview, I was asked to do a Personality Quiz, which, I think, also played a big role in me getting hired at Avaya.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you mentioned on your resume.
      What was the output of that project? Were your results satisfying?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Not very well structured multiple recruiters contacted me for the same interview, which led to a lot of confusion. Recruiter call and a video interview with the hiring manager. Never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with telecommute working   1 Answer

Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

2 Video Interviews and 1 Phone Interview, very laid back and had a wonderful interview. Recommend dressing professional. And ensure your background is clear of any clutter. Overall the hiring managers were easy going and very polite during the process. They asked some work related questions and some of background to get a better understanding of the person they where interviewing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When I was first interviewing, I asked what the pay scale was like. I was given some numbers. When I got the final offer, I was given a number with not much room to negotiate.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

After submitting a resume I was selected for the interview process. I had separate meetings with 2 managers and another tester. The interviews were face to face and lasted about 30 minutes each. There were multiple people that were interviewed so I had to wait a while before finding out if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about my previous work experience. I also had to talk about my skills and goals for the future. They did not give me any problems to solve.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avaya in December 2014.

Interview

One round through webcam interview. It is pretty cool that the webcam interview works so well. They have a software called Scopia which is easy to load and easy to use. Very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, know your resume in and out. Also know why you want to join the firm- check out their website.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Decently good pay and bonus.

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Applied through university recruiter- First round phone screening with GMDP recruiter. Second round video interview with hiring manager. Third round panel video interview. Final round in-person with hiring manager. Entire process took around 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

GMDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Submitted resume through university. Got a 15-minute call a few weeks later from the recruiter and discussed basic questions such as why did I apply for the position,etc. A week later I was contacted for a 1:1 video interview with the hiring manager, then a week after that I did a longer 1-hour panel interview. The last interview was a 1:1 with the director. HR called and offered me the position verbally a few days later. The next day I was sent a written offer email through HR along with other documents.

Overall the hiring process was excellent. The video interviews were convenient and the software (Avaya's own technology) easy to use. Everyone I encountered throughout the hiring process was professional, efficient, and willing to help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, very generous offer