Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

Initial communication with an agency. Then two interviews, one with the local folks, one with senior management on EMEA level.

Interview Questions

• None. Straight forward and very common questions about personal background and attributes.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Avaya (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

The Regional Sales Leader was knowledgeable about Avaya and the job description. Hopefully the description will be as explained. High pressure, exceptionally nepotistic senior management, too much focus on tactical and not enough on strategic issues,

Interview Questions

• What are you objectives and goals?   1 Answer

Spoke with current employees.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. They ask you questions about the stuff on your resume. They try to make sure that you are a good fit by evaluating your previous experience

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya in March 2014.

Interview

HR is non-existent until they send you the paperwork. Basically just 3 rounds, 1) meet with hiring manager, 2) with group VP and 3) and with a couple peers. Process was very long and drawn out 60+ days.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions related to what you've done previously and can bring to the table. Nothing unique positively or negatively   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

1. Phone Interview. 2. 2nd Phone Interview. 3. Face to Face with Hiring Manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Highlands Ranch, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had several phone calls with various people who asked a lot of questions about things that have almost nothing to do with the job at hand.

I need to put more words in here to get past this ridiculous form. Glassdoor has a terrible web site.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you worked on recently that you're particularly proud of?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty pathetic. Hardly any technical questions asked. Felt like they wanted to close the open REQ. It took forever for them to get back with an answer (whether I was accepted or not). Couple of phone interviews where setup with upper management folks. I have nothing more to say..................

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join the company .. Why are you leaving your current employer..   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I came across the position through a referral and ended up interviewing with 4 different people - hiring manager, a teammate, and 2 extended teammates. The interview questions were all straightforward and job related. There were not much questions about "fit" which is unusual. This may go to say something about the distributed culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve the product or design the product of the future   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a higher signing bonus. Although the hiring manager approved right away it still took over a week for HR to get the approvals. It seems like HR is pretty lean and centralized so they may be overwhelmed.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avaya (Plano, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with direct hiring manager. Very understanding in working around my schedule for the interview.

Interview Questions

• None. Interview consist of discussion my career path and overall discussion about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy... I asked for what I wanted and without hesitation they gave it to me.