Avaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya in March 2014.

Interview

HR is non-existent until they send you the paperwork. Basically just 3 rounds, 1) meet with hiring manager, 2) with group VP and 3) and with a couple peers. Process was very long and drawn out 60+ days.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions related to what you've done previously and can bring to the table. Nothing unique positively or negatively   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

1. Phone Interview. 2. 2nd Phone Interview. 3. Face to Face with Hiring Manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Highlands Ranch, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had several phone calls with various people who asked a lot of questions about things that have almost nothing to do with the job at hand.

I need to put more words in here to get past this ridiculous form. Glassdoor has a terrible web site.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you worked on recently that you're particularly proud of?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty pathetic. Hardly any technical questions asked. Felt like they wanted to close the open REQ. It took forever for them to get back with an answer (whether I was accepted or not). Couple of phone interviews where setup with upper management folks. I have nothing more to say..................

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join the company .. Why are you leaving your current employer..   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I came across the position through a referral and ended up interviewing with 4 different people - hiring manager, a teammate, and 2 extended teammates. The interview questions were all straightforward and job related. There were not much questions about "fit" which is unusual. This may go to say something about the distributed culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve the product or design the product of the future   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a higher signing bonus. Although the hiring manager approved right away it still took over a week for HR to get the approvals. It seems like HR is pretty lean and centralized so they may be overwhelmed.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avaya (Plano, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with direct hiring manager. Very understanding in working around my schedule for the interview.

Interview Questions

• None. Interview consist of discussion my career path and overall discussion about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy... I asked for what I wanted and without hesitation they gave it to me.

Named Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Fairfax, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

This was the best interview process that I have gone through in a long time. The recruiter were very responsive and the interview process went very quickly, which was great for me. After my initial contact from Avaya Recruiter, I had an interview with another Avaya recruiter, which was followed by 2 one-on-one interviews with direct report sales leader and VP of Sales. It was great that my meeting with VP of Sales was via VTC and held on Xmas Eve so not to hold up the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were standard and not difficult to answer since my experience and skillset matched my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A course...that's because I am a sales person. smile

GMDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

Had 3 or 4 phone interviews. Each phone call was with a different manager in the same group. Each was also just them explaining what they did and didn't ask me much about my background or why I wanted to work at Avaya. Felt more like a recrutement than an interview as they were explaining why what they did was important and fun and would be a good fit for me.

Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a manager at the time and had my first interview over the phone. My second interview was done in person in Austin with the manager for the region. I was offered the role following my second interview and this was followed by the typical background check, drug screen and reference check. There were not too many questions in regards to the role was applying for as it was more in regards to my background and what I could bring to the table for the company from day one to day 365.

Interview Questions

• How to open doors to higher decision makers?   1 Answer