Avaya Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I was contacted by phone for a quick 30 minute interview. I was then invited to interview onsite a few days later. This was a group interview with 8 employees. It was straight forward. The team lead explained the groups work on a white board and asked for suggestions on some problems. I offered them. The lead then gave me a tour including the test lab. Several days later, I was offed the position with the salary that I requested. Integration into the group was easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was very casual.The interviewer was in a hurry.I was asked questions on Marker Interfaces, Normalisation, JSF, JSP.None of the questions were difficult.I was also quizzed on my past project experience.

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Highlands Ranch, CO) in October 2008.

Interview

Vast building. No one to meet you at security. Relied on mobile call to get in the door. Culture vibrant. Positive atmosphere. Great services on sight. Interview began with questions about life, family. Then proceeded to experience. Fairly standard. Second technical interview by panel (three developers). Challenging technical questions, but nothing abnormal or remarkable.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions center on Avaya product. They put emphasis on the skill set of course, but are definitely concerned more with how you would apply that skill set to their stack.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated working virtually. No hitches.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Avaya called me for Interview and the full interview process took just one day. This interview was for Front end Developer, Interview went well, there were 3 rounds and all of them were face to face, 2 of them technical and one with manager. overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• 1. Prototype in JS
      2. Closures in JS
      3. Any Design pattern.
      4. HTML and CSS Questions.

Currently they will ask for Angular JS Questions
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. The HR contacts and gives confirmation of various interview rounds... There were around 4 rounds in total.
    First round was a technical telephonic round where the interviewer asked many deep technical questions.
    Another rounds were face to face rounds with manager, Sr manager and director followed by HR round

Interview Questions

• Director gave me a piece of paper and asked to write a para on a specific topic.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very focused and carefully planned 3 level interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

It's tough,3-4 rounds of interview (including HR)
    - Questions will be on your current profile
    - Telecom domain knowledge and Avaya Products. (Read about Avaya Products like CM and call knowledge)
    - Will check your skills hard
    - Sometimes puzzle will be given

Interview Questions

• - Technical on SQL,Shell scripting,Database design, normalization, Java
      - Questions on current work i was doing
      - Puzzle
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate on salary. They give you good one but bargain and ask for more because you are unlikely to get hike for next 18 months.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

My first encounter with Avaya was horrible to say the least. The interviewer was condescending, and arrogant. I rejected their offer even though they sent me the offer letter. HR had no clue why I was doing this. Overall a very unpleasant experience.

The second time I was called for an interview for a different team, and fortunately the interviewers were more accommodating and friendly this time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing your company, you havent contributed anything to your previous employer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

There were two technical rounds and one managerial rounds. I applied through a consultant. Technical round consisted of technical questions relating to Core Java, Multi threading etc and few domain specific questions on VoIP.

Both technical rounds were conducted on phone, one was from Indian architect and another from US architect.

Interview Questions

• Explain VoIP, SIP, how call servers work, what is VoIP telephony, describe in detail about call management and session management.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya in December 2011.

Interview

Initial communication and every other aspects relating to communications were excellent. Interview round finalization and results were communicated effectively and on time.

All the updates were communicated.

Interview Questions

• What was a most problematic scenario you ever faced in your experience, and why do you call it a hard issue and how did you solved it?   Answer Question