Avaya Software Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Software Engineer II Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

- Recruiting Manager will contact you once the resume is shortlisted. RM will check your confidence and get all the expectation before moving forward.
- Hiring Manager will have short discussion with with you prior to setup the interview call.
- In depth technical discussion. Initially they will check on the technical concepts and later they will provide some scenarios to solve.
- Discussion with Manger
- Meeting with Director
-- Final discussion with HR.

Interview Questions

• In depth in technical on UNIX Scripts, Oracle database, Oracle BI
    - Ex: In unix script, how to get the sum of the salaries in a file for each dept which has empno, deptno and salary columns.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Galway (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

After ~month or so after applying for a role got phone call, by that time I already forgot what was the position about, so HR nicely remind me the scope. we had nice chat and she invite me for a next interview - ideally it had to be face to face, but because I#m in Dublin and office in Galway they decide to do remote video conference. in the scheduled day and time, i join video meeting and wait for entire interview duration - 1h, but nobody turn up....
    end of story!
    It was amazing way to waste my day, very high level of professionalism!

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Pune (India)).

Interview

I was part of a walk in. The process started with a technical test followed by a technical interview on day 1. I was told that I have cleared first round of technical interview immediately and was told by HR that I would get a call for further processing within a week or two. I got a call from HR for second round of technical interview and had a telephonic interview scheduled. I did not receive any calls on the scheduled time though. Hence I contacted the HR to know the status. HR told me that the person who was supposed to interview me was busy in other meeting hence could not call me. We got my interview rescheduled for later the same day. After a couple of weeks, I got a call from HR again for scheduling another interview from US. There were 3 senior people including senior manager took my interview. They mainly asked me about my projects and challenges I faced during my career so far. After a week, I was contacted by HR and was told that they want to have another round of interview face to face. I had another two rounds of interview face to face. Total screening process took around 1.5 months.

Interview Questions

• In my second last interview I was asked about pros and cons of different team size, conflict management within team etc....   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase does not work in my favor. During negotiation HR told me that they cannot offer my the amount I am asking for right now but would adjust my pay within 6 months after joining. However they denied that after joining and did not increase my pay..