Avaya Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avaya Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya.

Interview

It takes about one week to arrange the onsite interview. All the interviewers were from South Asian. The whole process took about two hours.The questions were mostly focused on object oriented programming and operating systems. No algorithm problems was asked. They emphasized some kind of detailed programming syntax problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avaya

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

This is first round interview from Avaya
    1. introduction of myself, which takes 3 mins.
    2. projects on resume, and what kind of technology employ, what difficulty encountered and how to solve it.
    3. 2 coding questions. Write on the IDE locally and share screen with the interviewer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It will have two question in the interview. It will require you to write and put the result on the screen. one is about rectangle. You can find them online and you need to do the leetcode. It is helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avaya (Thornton, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a manager + one of the team members. I was mostly asked behavioral questions about my past experience and my interests. Then, I was called in to the on-site interview. I was given a tour of the building and got taken out to lunch with the manager and two of the team members. After lunch, I had 3 technical interviews of 45 minutes each where I was asked to describe my past school/work projects and the kind of technology I used. Each interviewer wanted to see how I would fit in the team based on my interests and skills. After a few days, I got a call and an email saying i was accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a problem? Do you dive into the code right away? If not, how do you prepare yourself?   Answer Question
    • What programming languages are you most familiar with? Are you able to learn a new programming language on the fly if need be?   Answer Question
    • How good are you when it comes to automation/scripts? Linux/Unix Administration duties?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager first telling me about all the groups that were looking to hire, what they do. This was an interview to see where I would fit with my skills and my preferences and which groups I would be interested in. Then after the phone interview, had on-site interview for the entire day where I met up with the individual groups that were mentioned over the phone and talked to them in depth about what they do, my work/project experience, and any questions about the group I had. Again, to see if I was a fit for their group and if their group was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type questions. Talking about things from my resume. Getting to know me as a person and my skill set.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

the whole process took within a day. it was pretty quick and fast. All the questions were straight forward. like how and why do we use pagination in hibernate??

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

I gave my resume to the recruiter at my university's career fair and chatted for a bit. He scheduled an interview for the following morning. The interview went well. He told me about the positions available at Avaya and asked what my interests were in a position. A few days later, I received a call that they would like to fly me down for an on-site interview as soon as possible. I accepted and scheduled for the following Monday.

The on-site interview consisted of a full day of 6-8 interviews with various engineers and managers and included a break for lunch. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. By the end of the day, my recruiter came back to tell me that they would be sending me an offer by the end of the week. They wanted to know in which department I would like to work. I felt very valued and desired.

Within a week, I received their offer (and it was very nice). I accepted and have no regrets!

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaya (Westminster, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interview with multiple people in different groups.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avaya (Denver, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

Testing and interviewdid not have any

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have fixed amounts they pay per title

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avaya (Mysore (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through college
    Round 1) Written: Apti + Technical
                20+30 = 50 marks
              right answer fetch 2 marks
              wrong answer -1
    Round 2) Technical interview
               asked about projects and basics of subjects
    Round 3) HR interview

Interview Questions

• What is java byte code?
      Process scheduling