Avera McKennan Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avera McKennan Hospital

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avera McKennan Hospital (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

Was hired via phone as they needed new nurses now due to hospital was understaffed. Was told that the hospital had a critical shortage of nurses. Got a phone call the next day after I submitted my resume'. After about a 15 minute phone call was told to talk to manager on one east that day. Was told I had the job after about 5 minutes of speaking with manager. Was not very happy about the religious and other personal questions but did not want to ruin my chance to get a job as I was fresh out of Nursing School.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avera McKennan Hospital (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed as an internal candidate for the head of our department. I was 1 of 4 total also all internal. one interview, first half 1 on 1 with HR rep and the other half with 2 other department heads and senior manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avera McKennan Hospital.

Interview

The pay is the lowest in the nation! The work load is enormous. There is never enough employees in the same position to help. Good luck finding a manager, either in a meeting, called in for what ever reason, or not available ever. The pay is ridiculous, how are you even suppose to be able to afford the health insurance (Avera Health Plan) with such low wages! You pay more for health insurance than you would NOT being an employee. Some of the staff are great, but you really have to watch your back.
    I accepted the position and I am currently looking for a different place to work. Someplace to pay the bills and accepts a hard worker.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that was very difficult like a angry customer, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pierre, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avera McKennan Hospital (Pierre, SD) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process is so slow it deters many - we can't wait a month to find out if we have a job
    Interview questions come right off internet checklist
    You will get a call to set up appointment following the closing date, after interview, be prepared to wait 2-4 weeks for letter

Interview Questions

• None - if you can read off internet checklist, you will be prepared   1 Answer

Expressive Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avera McKennan Hospital (Sioux Falls, SD) in February 2012.

Interview

I was told that I would be conducting multiple amount of recreational and leisure groups that varied from sitting, walking, running, and gym activities. The pay discussed was ok but it can always be better. The people were pretty respectful during the interview process and I would not mind doing it all over again with the exception of a different job overall.