Averitt Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Cookeville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied at an employment agency for a job. My career counselor reviewed the qualifications and sent my resume to Averitt. They saw an interest and wanted to interview me. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Still waiting on a response, since there was several applicants and more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What did you do previously at your job and what were your duties?   Answer Question

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet. Asked about experience but wasn't necessary for the job. Did help however having forklift experience. Described the schedule and duties on dock which is very simple. Described the company and opportunities there as well as 20-30 plus employees that have worked there for over 25 years. Great place, people come and stay.

Shuttle Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had prior driving experience with another company. I am retired from Military. Would I be interested in job, talked about pay, benefits. Talked about what i would be doing on the job, Averitt, uniform and appearance standards.

Regional Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Averitt Express.

Interview

The interview process is mostly generic. You are asked basic questions over the phone. There is no interview per say, it's all verifying the application information. Averitt could care less about who they hire to drive a truck...as long as you have a decent record and can be meat in a seat.

Interview Questions

• Clearify your work history.   1 Answer

OTR Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Averitt Express in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call and spoke with a recuriter. Was asked the name, DOB, SS#, had to veify my previous employer. Asked about my schooling. Asked why I left my first driving job a d why I would be a good match for this company. Wanted to know would interested in regional and what I wanted as far as home time. Also, told me I would do the student program since I'm a recent grad.

Local Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

First there's a phone interview. Once you complete this they will schedule and in person interview at a terminal where you will interview face to face with the HR or hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you been terminated in the past 10 years   1 Answer
    • What is customer service to you as a driver   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had a customer that was upset. How did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • What was the length of the trailer you pull and what type.   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked why did I want to work for them. And how could I make a difference. I was asked could I work in extreme cold weather or I'd I could stand the heat in the summer time. I was asked how long do see myself working at this job.

Interview Questions

• Can I be a Good Power of one team mate.   1 Answer
    • How long do I see myself working for Averitt...   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express.

Interview

It was easy and they asked basic questions any customer service job would ask.If you have had any other customer service/call center interview then you will do fine with this.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Averitt Express.

Interview

Takes you about 5 interviews to get an offer. They send you to corporate for a 5 min interview with upper management to see "if they like you." Your direct manager makes sure to tell you that they are doing you a favor interviewing you and making you an offer.

Student Driver Truck Load Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Asheville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was new to the Trucking Industry out of Truck Driving School.The position was for a Student Driving
    Program that was available.The Recruiter called and explained the contract for the Program offered.I had to speak with two different Interviewers and answer questions about hobbies and personal interest.Tell me about yourself type questions. How important is customer service to you?

Interview Questions

• How important do you feel customer service plays in retaining customers?   1 Answer