Averitt Express Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Averitt Express

Averitt Express

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express in Apr 2022

Interview

I ended the interview before it even started. I applied to the position since I will be returning to school to get a degree in cybersecurity, as well as have years of experience in IT support, software support and database administration. I got an invite to a hiring event so I decided to attend in case there was a tech job that I had missed and get more information in general. I waited for 40 min to only be told that there is a no visible tattoo policy and that I would have to wear gloves to cover the tattoos on my hands if I wanted to work for Averitt. I told the interviewer that if my tattoos were going to be a problem, then I would not want to work for them and left. I have had my tattoos for a long time and this would not have even bothered me if my time wasn't wasted. The policy is not mentioned AT ALL in the ridiculously long application process. The employee that let me into the building very clearly saw my tattoos and said nothing. They let me sit there for 40 minutes instead of taking a few seconds to inform me of their policy. I have worked for IT contractors that do business with government agencies that could care less about what is on your body as long as you have to the skills necessary. I mention this to remind anyone reading this about how out dated such a policy is. If you are going to be applying to this company, I would advise you to save your time and reconsider. I live in the town where their corporate office is and their nepotism is so blatant that it has become a joke among our community and even openly embraced by their employees.

Interview Questions
  • Did not make it this far.
    Answer Question

Averitt Express

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Averitt Express

Interview

I came into the office- was asked about my qualifications, told me the details of the job, and asked me if I would like the position. It was a great interview and very informative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Charleston, SC) in Jan 2022

Interview

There were three in person interviews and one over the phone interviews. All of them were fairly quick and straight forward. They want to know a lot about your employment history and they drug test you and do a thorough criminal background check.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Cookeville, TN) in Oct 2021

Interview

Polite, just great. Was quite comfortable, got to chit chat while also gaining knowledge about each other and the industry. Set up of interview for very precise and prompt, they communicated well.

Interview Questions
  • Skills, commitment, drive, strengths, goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Cookeville, TN) in Jul 2019

Interview

Did an in-person interview with HR. Asked basic questions about my application and reviewed my previous work history. The job I was applying for had already been filled but since they keep applications on file for 90 days, they did not cancel my interview which was nice. I was asked if I was interested in any other openings. My application was sent to the hiring manager of one of the jobs I was interested in and he called and gave me more information about the role, salary, benefits, etc. and then scheduled another in-person interview with a team of directors.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Cookeville, TN)

Interview

It was a very brief and polite interview. It was really a ‘pre’ interview. This was just checking the main boxes by HR to decide if my resume needed to be sent to the actual department for review.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult customer and what you did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Cookeville, TN) in Jul 2017

Interview

I applied at an employment agency for a job. My career counselor reviewed the qualifications and sent my resume to Averitt. They saw an interest and wanted to interview me. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Still waiting on a response, since there was several applicants and more interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do previously at your job and what were your duties?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Greensboro, NC) in Jul 2017

Interview

quick and easy. sat down with the site director and then was offered a position for part-time. They were very friendly and the place was extremely clean for a dock. Great people to have an interview with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Chattanooga, TN) in Aug 2016

Interview

Short and sweet. Asked about experience but wasn't necessary for the job. Did help however having forklift experience. Described the schedule and duties on dock which is very simple. Described the company and opportunities there as well as 20-30 plus employees that have worked there for over 25 years. Great place, people come and stay.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Had prior driving experience with another company. I am retired from Military. Would I be interested in job, talked about pay, benefits. Talked about what i would be doing on the job, Averitt, uniform and appearance standards.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews

Averitt Express Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Averitt Express as 75.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.25 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Regional Driver and Student Driver Truck Load rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Truck Driver and Dock Worker roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Averitt Express takes an average of 13 days when considering 39 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Regional Driver had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Dock Worker roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Averitt Express according to 39 Glassdoor interviews include:

Drug Test: 20.45%