Averitt Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2018

2.2

Sort:

OTR Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Averitt Express in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call and spoke with a recuriter. Was asked the name, DOB, SS#, had to veify my previous employer. Asked about my schooling. Asked why I left my first driving job a d why I would be a good match for this company. Wanted to know would interested in regional and what I wanted as far as home time. Also, told me I would do the student program since I'm a recent grad.

Shuttle Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had prior driving experience with another company. I am retired from Military. Would I be interested in job, talked about pay, benefits. Talked about what i would be doing on the job, Averitt, uniform and appearance standards.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

They are very detailed and check in your background they call I think all of your past jobs . If you apply and get turned down they will give you the reason and if it's a ticket. They will tell you to reapply when it falls off . I got to say orientation here is pretty nice . I mean it is what it is it's orientation but I feel they try to make it nicer than most companies . They feed you I would say 60% of what you need to eat a lot of drivers I remember were still hungry so I would say bring a little bit of money for food I believe it lasted all week . You have the same hotel room so bring yourself a couple bottles of drinks and some snacks for the hotel room they feed most of the meals but you know everybody wants a snack here and there . Overall I don't think anybody can go wrong coming here . This is for somebody that has something at home that they want to come home to once in a while . I remember when I used to stay out for a month at a time how are used to feel . I don't feel that here I come home quite often . I like how there's also several other jobs I could do here . Maybe someday I'll switch to a city driver be home daily . They do require six months experience in no more than two tickets to be able to switch . There is a safety. Program that they use so you must've you must have at least eight safety points to switch. Basically no accidents in your first six months.

Interview Questions

• They are really interested in any injuries that you've had in the past and the physical is pretty thorough . You must list any medications that you take and if you do not they terminate you soon as they find anything You lied about. They lower your medical card for any medications that you're taking it seems like . The doctor that gives the physicals does the whole company I'm pretty sure .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

They pick managers for you based on a form if you don’t fit a profile you get tossed to someone with a bored to fill I got someone that just went through a divorce she wasn’t very fun to deal with

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was standard. They got a DAC report, did an interview, performed a road test and had a physical done.

Interview Questions

• Had more customer service questions than most trucking companies probably have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Cookeville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed 1 on 1. Attended a employee orientation. Was offered nice lodging, meals. Was full in depth with a written manual and training in company rules and procedures. Explanation of benefits and clear job discription. Presentation by the CEO and other key management. Tour of Home Corporate Facilities.

Interview Questions

• How was I feeling and comfortable.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express in January 2015.

Interview

Laid back and very pleasant overall. Hiring manager was easy to talk to and didn't make me feel nervous. He told me he would call within a week and stayed true to his word.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with drivers   1 Answer

Local Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

First there's a phone interview. Once you complete this they will schedule and in person interview at a terminal where you will interview face to face with the HR or hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you been terminated in the past 10 years   1 Answer
    • What is customer service to you as a driver   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had a customer that was upset. How did you handle it.   1 Answer
    • What was the length of the trailer you pull and what type.   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked why did I want to work for them. And how could I make a difference. I was asked could I work in extreme cold weather or I'd I could stand the heat in the summer time. I was asked how long do see myself working at this job.

Interview Questions

• Can I be a Good Power of one team mate.   1 Answer
    • How long do I see myself working for Averitt...   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Averitt Express (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet. Asked about experience but wasn't necessary for the job. Did help however having forklift experience. Described the schedule and duties on dock which is very simple. Described the company and opportunities there as well as 20-30 plus employees that have worked there for over 25 years. Great place, people come and stay.