Avery Dennison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Senior Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Professional and open. They were honest. Senior management challenged my statements and career goals. They did not want someone who would leave in 2 years. I appreciated them giving me the courage to say this is not a fit.

Interview Questions

• Sales process, how you sell, how you handle customers, what can you do to be creative   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in November 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews all in one day, some technical questions. I contacted them through a recruiter who setup the whole interview and was very helpful. It was over 4 hours but not too bad overall I felt.

Interview Questions

• Standard OOP and Database questions   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Hall, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Mill Hall, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, had a phone screen, and came on site for a three panel style interviews. A plant tour and a short meeting with HR was also part of the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had problems convincing a team member that your idea was the best route to go.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avery Dennison.

Interview

Spoke to variety of managers and potential internal partners in the business. It took a while to get the interview setup and to schedule an onsite interview. It could be due to an impending hiring freeze at the time. They were slow with getting the offer together as well.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Mentor, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview and then was asked to come to the "Assessment Center". This started on Wednesday with an informal meet-and-greet. Thursday was jam packed. The entire group was split in half and one group did interviews for half the time (mostly behavioral) and the other group did team building activities, then they switched. The team building activities were fun, but you are watched like a hawk. They watch for people that stand out and show leadership, but with so many other candidates with a lot of the same personality types, it was difficult sometimes to really "stand out". Then the afternoon we received a case study and were put into groups to work on it. Again, we were constantly being observed as employees walked around and took notes on us. Then we had dinner and toured a plant. Friday morning we presented our case study solutions and took another plant tour. Overall it was an interesting interview, but it was way too intense and time consuming, especially for someone currently in school. I heard back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Talk about when you had to come up with a solution and convince the group to accept it.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

It was three days total, with two interviews and one case study. In between they took us to visit different plants and explain the work and what would we be working on. Everyone was super nice. People from high up were there as well asking questions which was nice because we had a chance to meet them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something you made/designed to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program (LDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was an in person interview on campus. I received the interview from talking with the recruiters at a campus career fair the day before. I was offered to move on to the next round of interviews at a site in Ohio, but declined because I felt the position was not what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions:
      Tell us a time you failed, how do handle bad team mates, tell us why you want to work for Avery Dennison, etc.
      Answer Question

Operations Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Oxford, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, I interviewed with who would end up being my manager. Very conversational, I did a lot of talking. They were very interested in whether I would be a good fit for the culture more than the technical experience I had in Finance at the time (as I didn't have any). Lots of behavioral based questions but nothing too tricky or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome adversity   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in a company   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Avery Dennison (Bakersfield, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was involved, HR, hiring manager, colleagues, on-site with team, Senior Leadership. The process was not completed because of an internal reorganization and the role went to a current employee. I was told I was still in the process. HR did provide constructive feedback on my interviews which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is the EBIT margin of specific market verticals   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Avery Dennison in July 2015.

Interview

Applied June 17th...phone interview June 22nd (standard questions on what you know about the company and yourself)...phone interview with hiring manager July 14th (I was told I had excellent feedback). I went on to the in-person interview on July 27th. I knew something was amiss when I was told the hiring manager wasn't going to be there when I arrived that day. I was interview by other managers that I would work with. HR was great as far as keeping me update throughout the process. The HR person actually sounded sad over the phone when they gave me the news that I didn't get the job. I see this job posted every few years too...not applying for it in the future that's for sure!

Interview Questions

• They asked strengths, weaknesses, your job history, situations when you had to deal with a difficult person, accomplishments (basic personality questions). I got a phone call the next morning saying that one of my weaknesses would hinder me from doing the job (not work related). During the interview, I had said how I am remedying my weakness. From my experience of being interviewed many MANY times, when the hiring manager didn't show up for the LAST stage, I had a hunch it was filled in by an internal candidate. Also, I thought them asking for a survey from your references was too much.   Answer Question