Aviation Technical Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard question and answer interview with 2 current employees. A little different getting in as it is a secured facility, but an interviewer came and escorted me in. The two employees were very kind and welcoming. Overall a very nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving my current employment   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Everett, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked about 5 questions about airplanes, how much I knew about them . If you know more then tell them because the more you know, the more you get paid. When you start though, if you lie about how much you know, they'll be very pissed because once you start, they give you what they think what level you're at. I seen people say they know everything, start, and know nothing (99% of these people, Boeing employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about airplanes   3 Answers

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Saint Cloud, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was over the phone since I did not live in the state. Received a phone call from hiring manager with and interview date and time. After inter view was complete received a call about a week later with an offer.

Mecaic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Very Efficient. Asked pertinent questions to the job/jobs applied for. HR was involved for personal traits. Interviewers were knowledgeable in the job questions. Were very interested in the applicant concerns.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Master Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Everett, WA).

Interview

Not bad, having an A & P gets you a hirer starting wage. Asked about past expirence's. Asked what my military expirence was, type of A/C etc... If I had any issues with drug testing. If there were any limitaions that I had, like physical working odd hours or shifts. was I willing to work overtime, weekends. Was I willing to travel. Was I willing to train non aircraft expirenced personnel, of coarse I said no. The interview proccess was not unconfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past situation from another work place that you had to handle that was hostile.   1 Answer

Repair Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Everett, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

I received a call from HR to set-up a phone interview a few days later. I agreed to a set time. The phone interview started about 5 minutes late. I was told I was going to interview with 2 people, but it was only one vocal on the phone. I'm assuming the other was not present so that is the reason why the phone interview was delayed. The other circumstance is the other person was only listening to my answers. The questions on the phone test were personality and experience questions except the last question, which was an information question. 2 business days later, I received a call from HR to set-up an in-person interview. I was told that I would be in a panel interview. I arrived a few minutes before the start of the meeting. The address I was given turned out to be the wrong address. Thankfully, all the buildings for this company are very close to each other. I still got to the front office on time. When I talked to security, he called the person, but she was not at her desk, so my panel interview started a few minutes late again. Finally, the interviewer came downstairs to meet me. She escorted me quickly to the room that we conducted the interview. I sat in front of five people who assembled quickly after I arrived. The five people had several questions that were pre-arranged. The order of the questioners were near random to me, but I knew the order of the questions since I peek at the questions while the panel was being assembled. The panel was not too intense which was good. The questions was all personality questions and experience with no emphasis on engineering.

Apprentice Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Everett, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

interview at school located close to LAX airport. One interview and got the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• none all basic a&p knowledge questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services (Everett, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

I was brought in to interview after ATS received my resume from a mutual colleague. HR called me for a quick phone screen but the woman I spoke with was very busy and had no time to complete the phone interview. She suggested that I come in for an interview. The process was about an hour long. I interviewed with a panel of three people. I felt that they had already chosen another candidate and did not seem very interested in me. The atmosphere in the office was quiet and a bit tense. My impression was that there was a lot going on and they needed to fill the position asap.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with or around a colleague with a difficult personality?   Answer Question

General Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aviation Technical Services in September 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I exchanged some emails back and forth between HR and myself. Ended up setting up a telephone interview and the person interviewing me was very professional and courteous. They had many questions that pertained to the job and just some casual questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you currently have an A & P License , if not, do you plan on getting one and what was your previous background in aviation.   Answer Question