Avigilon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Avigilon

2.9

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avigilon (Somerville, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter approached for the availability after we met at the university career fair and set-up the interview over an email. Went through 2 round of Face to Face technical interview. There was no behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• A mostly easy question like reverse the string and one recursion problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Comical. I had 6 face to face interviews, I spoke to others who had 8 and 9! The process took 3 months. The recruiter was useless, and often failed to follow up on what she said she would do.

Negotiation

I was asked casually on the phone screen what I was looking for. I didn't give a number. It never came up again, and then I was told they had an 'approved' offer with a figure attached. It was less than I wanted but if needed to get working. Strange process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was a 1-hour written test at my university. Then after a week I was called into the office for an in-person interview. They asked both behavioural and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then on site interview which included a test and meeting a few engineers as well as the manager. Overall the interviewers were nice but I received a very low offer considering my experience. I attempted to negotiate for more but they refused to change the offer. I ended up getting another job in Vancouver for a with a better company and for a lot more money.

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. It was one on one with three different people. It was for a co-op. Make sure review all the basic software development stuff. They also asked situational questions. Like what would u keep if you were stranded in a island and at most you can keep three. The also asked me about my university project and what is about. They mentioned the timing is flexible. You don't have to leave your current part-time job which was great.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon.

Interview

It went fast and made a decision quickly. I doubt they have any process to get the right candidate. No one knows or have interest in the company. Everyone uses here as a stopover

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon.

Interview

Hired through a head hunter that specializes in the security industry. After 2 phone interviews, I got a 3rd phone interview with the future direct manager with whom I had a technical interview. One week later I got an offer from him. All the paper work was done by email.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. Just the fundamentals of : IP networking, image processing, optics, storage and computer hardware.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't hesitate to negotiate a higher salary if you have an experience in video surveillance, access control, video analytics, IP networking or IT.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon in April 2014.

Interview

Long process from the start to finish, and time to receive compensation plan. Having face to face interviews placed more of a confidence level versus the phone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary however very focused on meeting quota   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon.

Interview

Phone interview >> Onsite written test >> One to one interview with manager >> Onsite interview >> Interview with HR......

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a phone screen interview, and the interviewer about my previous projects and some C++ related questions. I should describe him how does a network connection works. And finally he challenged me with a C++ program.

Interview Questions

• The fist question was about my previous projects that I already mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question
    • How does compiler works?   Answer Question
    • How network request are done and the different between TCP and UDP connections.   Answer Question