Avigilon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avigilon Interview Questions

Interviews at Avigilon

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Initially there was a phone screen with some technical questions that lasted approximately one hour. Pretty simple, standard questions about data structures and algorithms. In person interviews lasted 3 hours. Most of the interviewers were hostile and not willing to collaborate towards a solution. It was obvious everyone there would not be fun to work with. I would not recommend this company.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avigilon.

Interview

Skype interview with two technical people from Avigilon, they were very nice to me and asking mostly simple questions.
    Most of the questions were behavioral questions and questions regarding my projects and work experience I had on my resume. Just one technical question which was "what's the difference between UDP and TCP?". I had Java, Python, and C++ in my resume and they asked me on the scale from 1-10 how good I am in each of those.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avigilon.

Interview

Paper test with ~20 questions on various topics followed by a 1-on-1 with a manager. Encouraged to answer as many as possible, although the programming questions are more important to attempt.

Follow-up interviews with a duo of team leads and/or management. Whiteboard problems on design, memory, threading, ...

Software Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Interview

At the on-site interview I was asked to complete a written test. The questions consisted of some networking topics, a simple coding problem, and some testing scenarios. After the test, the interviewer went over and discussed my answers with me in addition to asking about my past projects. Was asked how I would test a simple website with a given functionality.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a website that accepts text input from the user and outputs the text to the screen?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

2 interviews. They changed the location of the job from Vancouver to Richmond. Then they wanted me to take a contract rather than permanent work. Very poor candidate experience. The people there were very nice but it was extremely disorganized. The interviewers were late to both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in a contract rather than the permanent position they had posted.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avigilon in October 2015.

Interview

Did two interviews over the phone, one with the team lead, and another with the manager. The questions were fairly basic, and there was a written quiz taken before the phone call was completed. They reviewed my answers to the quiz, and proceeded to ask behavioral questions as well and get some input on the projects and accomplishments from my resume. Overall it felt very relaxed, and conversational in nature.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avigilon.

Interview

Made you assemble cameras by reading a manual, asked about our experience in manufacturing, what our salary expectation was, was mainly checking to see if we can follow instructions and to do it in the expected time given

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boksburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Boksburg (South Africa)).

Interview

Extensive thorough and fair
    30-60-90 day plan. Enjoyed the process although it was a fairly long process. Really enjoyed entire process. Be prepared, research company and be yourself. Don't over complicate your answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a large sales team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was higher than initially discussed

Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avigilon (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter liked my resume from job application and set up a meeting with tech director to better know where I would fit. Mostly asked about skills that would fit into production testing position but also on what I was good at. At the end, they referred my resume to more people within the company for follow up interviews.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous positions?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Avigilon.

Interview

the hiring process was based on recommendation from a job fair I attended. Since it was a part time job, I did not undergo any form of interview. I was only asked to report to an office where I had to fill in my information for pay. The salary and work ethics were discussed