Avigilon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avigilon Interview Questions

Interviews at Avigilon

2.9

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avigilon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview to work in Vancouver. The recruiter was really rude, only asked me about salary and work permit. When I tell her about my work permit, she told me that they were looking for a local people. I couldn't say anything else... I couldn't talk about my passion, my motivation... I don't understand. They had my resume with my information....

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

1.5 hours , went in.. 3 people, manager made it very comfortable, questions seem to resonate with their needs, 30 mins presentation and 1 hour of questions. It was difficult due to the volume, but interviewers were helpful

Interview Questions

• experience; situational; presentation on first 100 days   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Standard manager questions revolving around experience and skillset. Delved into previous roles and responsibilities. Was asked situational questions and how I have addressed in the past. Asked about the company culture and why the position was open. Was also asked why I was interested in leaving current role.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely incompetent, unprofessional, nervous/inexperienced company employed recruiter. Was strongly considering naming them here, but chose not to do so out of compassion. I applied despite the poor Glassdoor reviews as the position was a perfect next step and perfect match for my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much did not ask me anything, just confirming things that were already on my resume. Was desperately selling the company for 90% of the call.   1 Answer

Firmware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR asking questions related to your resume and some in-depth questions related to the job, then an 1 hour in person written test followed by interview with two team leads for another hour.

Sourcing/Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview approach was incorrect. The modern interview process is trying to get knowledge of the managerial, knowledge and interpersonal skills set a the candidate in an specific area, not trying the candidate respond to exam questions that you get find in all logistics/planning books. Also, the interviewer should at least have the basic knowledge of the function he/she is hiring for and the difference between the different functions in the same department. Unfortunately, the interviewers in the panel did not have a clue of the extent of the function and how world class procurement is managed and they show lack of knowledge of how to manage an interview process to get the best from the candidate. Inf fact, they show little interest in my skills as a professional and my long and proven experience.

Per the reviews and the reputation of this company I was expecting a high level interview in which we targeted strategic topics, importants for the sustainable development of a department and what I received was a lot of operational questions that even thought they are important any person that have read a logistics book could have answered.

Firmware Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Two very friendly firmware team members interviewed me. Started with a 45-min test (about everything, C++, algorithm, probability, linear algebra, etc., you only need to focus on what you are confident). Then 40-min interview. During the interview it is mostly about going over the thought process of solving the test question and some resume questions

Interview Questions

• A long binary bit string is stored in a char array (size 128), write a function, given the char array and a number N, return a char array that has the original binary bits shifted by N bits.   1 Answer

Firmware Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minute technical interview. No behavioral questions were asked. All questions were about newest C++ standard. Did not have to design algorithm on the spot but had to recall details about what the C++ standard was doing. Really know your projects because at the end, the interviewer will ask you a couple problems related to your project and how you solved them.

Software Developer, Tools and Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

Was brought in for a one on one interview with the team manager. During this interview I was asked technical questions about general programming and also specific to their technology.

Topics:
    IP Network
    TCP/UDP
    Security Programming
    Questions Specific to C/C++
    Multi threaded Programming

The next round was a 2 hour interview in total with 4 team leads and then the team manager again.

Asked about:
    Object Oriented Programming
    C/C++ Specific Questions

Systems Test Co-op Interview

Application

Interview

Had three 30 minute interview one to one. In which the first one was more technical than the other ones. The team where the position was available has 2 main divisions, so the first two interviews was with each of the managers of the teams and lastly the last interview was with the manager of the entire team. The interviewers made the environment friendly but still keeping it professional.

Interview Questions

• How to test an erasable marker?
      What would you do in case a team member is not following procedures correctly?   Answer Question