Avigilon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avigilon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Avigilon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avigilon (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got hr call in within one month of applying and than back to back interviews
First telephonic interview, basic OOPs question and Java questions, a lot of C# questions similar to Java. Second round is coding, again simple questions but requires optimal solution.

Interview Questions

• Find an element in sorted array?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Avigilon

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview started with the general introduction. Asked Java OOPS concept that very not very difficult. Asked different web development questions as well. Questions on data structures were also asked

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Comical. I had 6 face to face interviews, I spoke to others who had 8 and 9! The process took 3 months. The recruiter was useless, and often failed to follow up on what she said she would do.

Negotiation

I was asked casually on the phone screen what I was looking for. I didn't give a number. It never came up again, and then I was told they had an 'approved' offer with a figure attached. It was less than I wanted but if needed to get working. Strange process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first step was a 1-hour written test at my university. Then after a week I was called into the office for an in-person interview. They asked both behavioural and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then on site interview which included a test and meeting a few engineers as well as the manager. Overall the interviewers were nice but I received a very low offer considering my experience. I attempted to negotiate for more but they refused to change the offer. I ended up getting another job in Vancouver for a with a better company and for a lot more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial phone call with a software developer manager at the firm, general "getting to you know" type stuff on both sides. A couple of high level technical questions related to networking.

A week later I went to a 3 x 1 hour face to face interviews at the office. Was quite clear that most of the interviewers were out to prove how much they knew at various topics. One interviewer kept deliberately trying to trip me up, by putting (incorrect) ideas into the conversation.

Other interviewers asked me a whiteboarding a question (whiteboarding and paper questions are generally a big red flag for me) and said they would "collaborate with me to get to an answer", when I tried to discuss different potential solutions I was met with two blank stares - so much for collaboration.

In the final interview I was told "I hate asking people to write code on paper, but please write the following program on paper..." - If you hate asking these type of questions, then why ask them?

Avigilon gave pretty much the text book interview that's ruining the industry right now.

Interview Questions

• Very broad technical topics, from OS to networking to C++   Answer Question