Avira Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.8

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avira (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. HR scheduled the Skype call and easily rescheduled it on my request.
    First interview was unexpectedly with developer lead and PM in addition to HR.
    Pleasant talking to HR and lead.
    PM was absolutely not interested in process and stuck into his phone.

Software Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avira.

Interview

Applied from LinkedIn. They reached out and scheduled first round HR interview according Germany time zone. The HR is super nice and friendly. First round is just collecting some information about what you have done, your skills and your expectation. Then they schedule a 24 hours programming project as second round.

Interview Questions

• In the Technical project assignment, the second part is "do something interesting".   Answer Question

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with General Manager of US Operations. Questions about what I was looking for, where I wanted to be in 5 years, what I would be willing to commit. Secondary interview with Sales Trainer. Questions about my experience with sales, my perception of sales, whether or not I would be willing to learn and be trained. In person interview addressing my concerns about becoming a sales person.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most difficult part of being a salesman?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Frontend UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Their process for hiring for people who aren't local involves a call with their recruiter and a 1 hour timed exercise where they give you a mockup which you must code and return to them when done. It should be completed within an hour. The next part I'm told is speaking on the phone with their developer and if that goes well they fly you out to meet in person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not all that difficult, but they may be depending on your level of skill.   Answer Question

I am still interviewing...

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avira.

Interview

Do not apply to this company!

After sending my CV they invited me to a blue Jeans interview like Skype with two options: One would have been just a few hours later the same day and the other one a few days later. I accepted the second option, because the first was impossible due to work.
    That day, when I was meant to have my interview, I worked during night shift until 7 am and stayed awake more than 4 hours more to realize this interview. But nobody never called. I wrote an email asking what happened, but nobody never answered. No apoligies, no explications.

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was a 3 staged process.
    1. Skype call with the hiring manager and the HR
    2. A technical test.
    3. After clearing the first two rounds was invited to Tettnang for the final round.

The final round was very well organized. There was a discussion with the lead and the HR, followed by the a HR round. After the HR round there was a technical discussion with the team and then lunch. After the lunch a short technical round to get to know about the roles and responsibilities. Over all it was a good experience.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

After having a short phone screening with some discussions about my technical experience and a couple of simple technical questions, I was given a homework. It had to be done in a day and the task depends on the position you apply for. (For a device driver developer position you have to write a device driver as homework.)
    After reviewing my work, I was invited for an on-site interview. They were very generous and payed all the expenses for that. During the day there were several talks with future team members, technical people, HR managers and recruiters, and only behavioral questions to answer, so minimal stress, you can relax. This gives a very good opportunity to get to know the people, the place, and imagine what it would be like to work here. The people were very open, the office building is brand new and not crowded, they have a canteen, a gym, and even free ice cream :) From the terrace on the top of the building you can see the beautiful environment around. The office is located in a small town so it can be an ideal place to work & live if you like rural areas.
    I only declined their offer because I believe technically it's not the perfect match for me. Apart from this I can tell that this was one of my best interview experience ever with a company.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that prints the path for all open file operations throughout the system to its console. (This was a question for a device driver developer position.)   Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in June 2017.

Interview

The first contact was the invitation to an online bluejeans interview (like Skype) one week after my application. From a technical perspective everything went smoothly and it was a pleasant talk with the recruiter. Shortly after this I received the invitation to a second round in Avira's HQ.

It was a very nice atmosphere in their modern building. Firstly I had an interview with the recruiter and the manager and then I had to prepare a short case study in 30 minutes and present it to them. Afterwards I had the chance to meet my future team members during a lunch in Avira’s (nice) canteen. After lunch and a tour through the building I had a kind of Q&A with the recruiter and a regular employee from a total different department. This was about the fit between me and Avira’s culture (from both perspectives).

Although I’ve been there for around 4 hours, it was not too stressful for a job interview and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I appreciated the timely responses after each, the chance to meet my future colleagues and to get more insights into Avira’s culture to check if I fit into the organization. I’m looking forward to start there shortly.

Interview Questions

• Explain something you would love to try out in a professional context when you have unlimited resources.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. HR Skype interview
    2. Hiring Manager Skype interview
    3. HQ interview (Presentation + Leitbild interview)
    4. Hiring Manager interview in Berlin (6-person office at WeWork Sony Center)

Good experiences:
    HQ travel reimbursement; Showed me the HQ office.

Negative experiences:
    1. They had technical issues during the HQ interview. Only 1 person was there in the meeting room with me and he couldn't fix it.
    2. They told me at the LAST interview that my background was not right for the position. Their hiring process was really unprofessional.
    3. I saw a big negative cross on my CV on the table when I had the last interview, which was not respectful at all. I felt like the last interview was only for them to learn more about mobile advertising from me.

Interview Questions

• HQ interview: prepare a presentation about your biggest success, your biggest fail, and what would you do to make Avira better.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in October 2016.

Interview

1- I sent my CV.
    2- Skype call with senior market analyst
    3- In-site interview with HR, Market analyst manager and another one with phsycologies question.

The process of hiring was very good and also the HR manager was perfect. I liked to join them but after 10 days they wrote me your background is not enough for this job!