Avira Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Avira

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avira (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. HR scheduled the Skype call and easily rescheduled it on my request.
    First interview was unexpectedly with developer lead and PM in addition to HR.
    Pleasant talking to HR and lead.
    PM was absolutely not interested in process and stuck into his phone.

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with General Manager of US Operations. Questions about what I was looking for, where I wanted to be in 5 years, what I would be willing to commit. Secondary interview with Sales Trainer. Questions about my experience with sales, my perception of sales, whether or not I would be willing to learn and be trained. In person interview addressing my concerns about becoming a sales person.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most difficult part of being a salesman?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Software Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avira.

Interview

Applied from LinkedIn. They reached out and scheduled first round HR interview according Germany time zone. The HR is super nice and friendly. First round is just collecting some information about what you have done, your skills and your expectation. Then they schedule a 24 hours programming project as second round.

Interview Questions

• In the Technical project assignment, the second part is "do something interesting".   Answer Question

Frontend UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Their process for hiring for people who aren't local involves a call with their recruiter and a 1 hour timed exercise where they give you a mockup which you must code and return to them when done. It should be completed within an hour. The next part I'm told is speaking on the phone with their developer and if that goes well they fly you out to meet in person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not all that difficult, but they may be depending on your level of skill.   Answer Question

I am still interviewing...

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avira (Bucharest (Romania)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in Bucharest, Romania. I was interviewed by a HR and a technical personal at the same time. We talked about my past experience and had a constructive discussion about the technologies I have worked with and what they develop. Also, the HR questions were standard ones, like: Why did you choose us? What you hope to find here etc.

The second interview was a two-hour practical test. A mysql exercise(a few tables and a many to many relation), an algorithm of redirecting website visitors to different websites based on given percentages and the last exercise was mini CRUD app.

Avira Response

Jun 2, 2016 – HR Manager

Hello,

Thank you for your review. In order to improve our recruiting process and candidate's journey in the same time, we would like to know what caused you the negative experience during the... More

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was a 3 staged process.
    1. Skype call with the hiring manager and the HR
    2. A technical test.
    3. After clearing the first two rounds was invited to Tettnang for the final round.

The final round was very well organized. There was a discussion with the lead and the HR, followed by the a HR round. After the HR round there was a technical discussion with the team and then lunch. After the lunch a short technical round to get to know about the roles and responsibilities. Over all it was a good experience.

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round was a brief chat with hr and a developer.They asked me about my previous work,also the developer did ask me few questions.Later I got a mail that I was selected for 2nd roud which was an online test.The Hr was really nice to talk to.I did change my interview time twice and she readily agreed. 2nd round was an online test.It was not that difficult but surprisingly had a PHP question in it.
    Unfortunately,got rejected in the second round.

Interview Questions

• Which security risk provides the following line of PHP code?
      echo “Hello $_POST[‘user‘], nice to meet you!“;   Answer Question

Web Content Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Bucharest (Romania)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview went smoothly and from the first phone call to the email exchanges between me and the HR representatives, everything was very professional.

I'd like to say that the interview was by far the funniest and the most comfortable I have ever been to.

I really appreciated the fact that my direct manager was there and that also, the interview was held by a person with knowledge in what I was applying for. So it went smoothly and we understood each other.

Another major advantage was the fact that they made me feel like I was being valued for the person I am and that I could become, not for a set of skills and 2 pieces of paper with my CV on.

My direct manager asked me all sorts of questions that brought to light so many things I never thought I actually knew. So I felt valued and appreciated. And the value I could bring to the company was determined by the company.

The test part was a bit more tricky, but very well organized and spot on for the job I was applying.

It was a lot of fun and the interview process overall made me want to work for AVIRA and bring my own to the table.

Thanks, HR Team! And thanks Avira!

Interview Questions

• They asked at some point some questions about SEO and I only had a general overview of the issue, and felt a it insecure.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Bucharest (Romania)).

Interview

Several steps:
    1) HR
    2) Practical test
    3) Description of project
    4) Online psihological test
    5) Background check
    6) 1:1 with Country Manager
    7) Offer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in October 2016.

Interview

1- I sent my CV.
    2- Skype call with senior market analyst
    3- In-site interview with HR, Market analyst manager and another one with phsycologies question.

The process of hiring was very good and also the HR manager was perfect. I liked to join them but after 10 days they wrote me your background is not enough for this job!