Avira Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avira (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. HR scheduled the Skype call and easily rescheduled it on my request.
    First interview was unexpectedly with developer lead and PM in addition to HR.
    Pleasant talking to HR and lead.
    PM was absolutely not interested in process and stuck into his phone.

Software Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avira.

Interview

Applied from LinkedIn. They reached out and scheduled first round HR interview according Germany time zone. The HR is super nice and friendly. First round is just collecting some information about what you have done, your skills and your expectation. Then they schedule a 24 hours programming project as second round.

Interview Questions

• In the Technical project assignment, the second part is "do something interesting".   Answer Question

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with General Manager of US Operations. Questions about what I was looking for, where I wanted to be in 5 years, what I would be willing to commit. Secondary interview with Sales Trainer. Questions about my experience with sales, my perception of sales, whether or not I would be willing to learn and be trained. In person interview addressing my concerns about becoming a sales person.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most difficult part of being a salesman?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Frontend UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avira (Burlingame, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Their process for hiring for people who aren't local involves a call with their recruiter and a 1 hour timed exercise where they give you a mockup which you must code and return to them when done. It should be completed within an hour. The next part I'm told is speaking on the phone with their developer and if that goes well they fly you out to meet in person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not all that difficult, but they may be depending on your level of skill.   Answer Question

I am still interviewing...

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. HR Skype interview
    2. Hiring Manager Skype interview
    3. HQ interview (Presentation + Leitbild interview)
    4. Hiring Manager interview in Berlin (6-person office at WeWork Sony Center)

Good experiences:
    HQ travel reimbursement; Showed me the HQ office.

Negative experiences:
    1. They had technical issues during the HQ interview. Only 1 person was there in the meeting room with me and he couldn't fix it.
    2. They told me at the LAST interview that my background was not right for the position. Their hiring process was really unprofessional.
    3. I saw a big negative cross on my CV on the table when I had the last interview, which was not respectful at all. I felt like the last interview was only for them to learn more about mobile advertising from me.

Interview Questions

• HQ interview: prepare a presentation about your biggest success, your biggest fail, and what would you do to make Avira better.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in October 2016.

Interview

1- I sent my CV.
    2- Skype call with senior market analyst
    3- In-site interview with HR, Market analyst manager and another one with phsycologies question.

The process of hiring was very good and also the HR manager was perfect. I liked to join them but after 10 days they wrote me your background is not enough for this job!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and KPI for the company.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avira in September 2016.

Interview

Before the interview, Avira asked me to accomplish a test, which consisted from theoretical and practical parts. I could choose which programming language to use during the test: C++ or Python. In addition, C++ was more preferable for Avira. The test took about 4 hours.

Nevertheless, there was a special task, which must be accomplished in Python. I have done everything, except this Python task, because we agreed beforehand that I chose C++ for the test and thus, I had no Python installed on my PC.

In a week after submitting this test assignment, I was invited for the Skype interview. We discussed the day and time, but after one more week, I have received an e-mail with the ask to reschedule the interview. The reason was that the interviewer became sick.

In two and a half weeks, I have received a reject. In my opinion, it is not a feature of a serious company to change its mind suddenly, cancel the interview after all agreements were done, and at the end give no explanations about such behavior.

Interview Questions

• General questions about programming, descrete and conditional probabilities.   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on Avira site. After week HR wrote me and asked to accomplish a test. Test consisted of theoretical and practical parts. They asked to finish test in 120 minutes. I really enjoy practical part, because it was with some part of fun. I finished test in time.

I wrote test on Friday and on the next Monday i received an invitation to Skype interview. We scheduled interview to the end of the next week. After one more week, I have received an e-mail with the ask to reschedule the interview for 1 week. After one more week i received re-reschedule e-mail again and we reschedule interview for one more day.

This time interview happened. I interviewed with manager and this was very nice interview. We talk about my current position, my achievements and others. Then we talked about one more face-to-face interview in Tettnang and he said i'll get an invitation in several days.

I waited for 2 weeks and didn't get any response. I wrote HR and after several days i got rejection.

Interview Questions

• Several theoretical questions and simple web application.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettnang (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avira (Tettnang (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

A team lead interviewed with me first via Skype call. I liked this part, because of interviewer's personality. Very cool guy he was. The questions were about my achievements and stuff like that, nothing special. Data Science is a very broad topic, and my profile did not completely match the qualifications needed for the job. So, I did not expect a second interview actually. However, second week, I got an email from HR for an assessment. I really enjoyed this assessment, and sent it on time. I should mention that: What I sent was really good. I got an instant reply from HR that they will call me soon. Here is the frustrating part: They never called ! After three weeks I asked about my status, and that instant-reply-HR was away like an ex-girlfriend. No replies. Ok, I’ve rejected before, but I really wanted -at least- a feedback for my work. What you are doing is very unprofessional dear Avira guys!

Interview Questions

• Create a ten minutes presentation for the data (The data is out there:) within 5 workdays.   1 Answer

Avira Response

Jul 11, 2016 – HR Manager

Dear candidate, Thank you very much for your feedback from that we understand that you liked the interaction with our hiring manager and also the test we use for this position. We are very ... More

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avira (Bucharest (Romania)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in Bucharest, Romania. I was interviewed by a HR and a technical personal at the same time. We talked about my past experience and had a constructive discussion about the technologies I have worked with and what they develop. Also, the HR questions were standard ones, like: Why did you choose us? What you hope to find here etc.

The second interview was a two-hour practical test. A mysql exercise(a few tables and a many to many relation), an algorithm of redirecting website visitors to different websites based on given percentages and the last exercise was mini CRUD app.

Avira Response

Jun 2, 2016 – HR Manager

Hello, Thank you for your review. In order to improve our recruiting process and candidate's journey in the same time, we would like to know what caused you the negative experience during the ... More