Avis Budget Group Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

RSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Very easy and quick!! Online application was self explanatory.. and the online interview was great and cut down a lot of time when I went to the face to face..

Interview Questions

• How well do I handle irrate customers   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

interview over phone then interview in person. went over schooling and training for job. they explained what was expected of me and the job duties. I was walked through shop on a tour.

Interview Questions

• experience, schooling, what I want from employment, goals.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied and about 1 week later I had a phone interview, then the following week I had an in person interview. The questions weren't too difficult, basic managing questions how do you teach people, how do you stay organized, things like that. They really seemed like they want toomey people as most of the staff is in their mid-late 30s and up.

Car Return Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

i did a phone interview which took all of ten minute. After was scheduled for a in person interview which took all of 30 minutes and I was offered the job . and scheduled for drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• what to I look for in a job   1 Answer

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I filled the application out online. There was then a screening questionnaire to figure out if you are a good fit. I was then subsequently called by a recruiter from another country asking me simple interview questions. Later, I had a sit down interview with the branch manager of the location I applied. After the interview, I got a call from the regional manager with some mild screening questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you ran into difficulty trying to please an angry customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online, got a call within a week and had an on the phone interview. They called me in for a 1-on-1 interview which was scheduled a few days after the phone interview. I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you want this job, just emphasize that you love working outdoors and all hours and that you love working with people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I met with the district manager at the office for interview after recieving a reply from the administrative assistant two weeks before the interview. I got the interview by applying online.

Interview Questions

• He told me about the company and what was expected of me in my position   Answer Question

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

- Online Application
    - Online Assessment (try not to be in between be strong ie strongly agree, strongly disagree)
    - Phone Interview (Be very peppy and energetic make sure to tell them you have some experience in sales and comission even if it was just once or for a short amount of time who cares that's your expeience give details about it and SPECIFIC EXAMPLES!)
    - F2F wow the manager probably Mike Beliveau with your sales experience if you can quantify it he likes that he has worked at Abercrombie so retail experience is a plus. He has played lacrosse and loves golf. He has issues with someone who has strong beliefs shyou are ready to be molded wvwn though you have experience. IE "I can always get better" "there's no such thing as bad critiscm".)
    - F2F Again (optional) They're a little unsure about you give them something other than sales show them you are able to provide sales experience but you care about the customer and company too. Be dressed verry professional management LOVES a nice tie. Let them know that you get the driven sales person and the softie who loves the customer and company like family.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you to sell some random object to them such as a pen or piece of paper. Every salesman knows you can sell anything by using grand adjectives. IE This brand new design and 100% spherical technology allows for a better flow.

Another toss up is that they may ask you to use a procedure already in practice with them PTL this stands for people travel luggage. In this procedure you ask how many people are traveling 1, then where are you traveling to 2, last how much luggage do you have. Now after this they will ask you based on what they said to recommend a car so you gotta know at least three get an SUV a large sedan or a luxury car. Tell them some features and why it works with their situation. BAM they're shocked and you've landed a depressing but well paid job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation it is a union based job at 10.25 to start sounds bad but commission pays off and go tax exempt for a month or two big bucks. The union protects you as well so be glad you have that.

Agency Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Naperville, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

They are looking for indendent representatives to manage a non airport location and work on commission. Very close to an employee relationship, but without benefits. It works for some people, but many others find it difficult to make a living.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in being a agency operator?   1 Answer

Commute was too long, over 1 hour, they didn't seem interested in this issue.