Avis Budget Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

In dept you walk in and you are greeted by the hiring manager you may be given the opportunity to look around. Be nice as you never know who is who! Everyone around may actually be apart of the interview process but I was not sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antelope, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Antelope, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was online, answering questions by a interviewer. There were five questions to be answered. I had to record my answers, by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a car that was rented in good condition, comes back with damage's?   1 Answer

Global Benefits Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The process went fast. I spoke with an in house recruiter who within a couple days organized a telephone interview with the hiring manager. With in a few business days she scheduled me on site for an interview with hiring manager and CHRO. Each interview was about one hour, one on one with traditional historical questions (e.g. "How did you handle..."). Within 10 business days I my declination email.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

recruiter reached out, scheduled phone interview with hiring manager, manager moved call time, then was late to call, promised to follow up with next steps - crickets never heard live from recruiter or hiring manager again - email received they would be pursuing another applicant - that's fine but would have appreciated a live call.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your role   1 Answer

Avis Budget Group Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your interview experience. We always look to improve our hiring process to ensure that it is consistent and that our candidates... More

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Ops Mgr Trainee position, and got an email the next week requesting a face to face interview. The email contained a generic 'we're hiring' job fair email, and that right there raised a red flag. The interview location was at their rundown Detroit office (dirty, dingy and smelly), and you will have to sign in and wait. You'll get a completely random person who doesn't know the first thing about you, or the position you applied for. It is by far the worst recruiting process I have ever gone through. This time last year, the recruitment process was actually somewhat decent, and you'd start with a 1-on-1 phone interview with someone who actually knew the position you applied for. I guess they lost common sense and decency at some point within the last year. I was glad (albeit, not surprised) that I was not moved forward, as the interviewer I got was very blunt. They hire in bulk, so be warned when you work for this company. With weekly hiring fairs, I'm doubtful you'll be there long.

Interview Questions

• Do you have management experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received call from out of state recruiter with a phone interview within 2 hours of applying.The recruiter emailed a call center online assessment same day. After passing that I was asked if I could come to Tulsa office for an informational meeting. See the facility listen in on calls etc. After informational meeting recruiter contacted me and sent another online assessment which I passed. Later that day I was invited in for an interview the following week. The interview was a joke. I met with the CSR manager. She must have had a bad day - asked me 5 pages of "behavior type" questions! I couldn't get this lady off her script it was brutal - she didn't smile at all. I finished the interview and felt good about it and the answers I gave. I sent "thank you for interview" email and waited. Received email next day informing me I wasn't a fit. Disappointed because they offer lots of great benefits and perks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to resolve a conflict...   1 Answer

Sales Performance Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

What an eye opening experience, They have a recruiting company that handled my application. People Scout, after two weeks I got an email from a lady for a time to set up a phone interview. 30 minutes before she emails me says she has a training seminar, I thought no problem lets schedule for another day. We did, I called her at the time and she did not answer, left an email message and another phone call all unanswered. I don't think I want to work for a company that is represented by these folks.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

About 3 days after I sent an application, I got a call to schedule an interview. I arrived 20 minutes early, and the interview started a half hour late. I never got a call or email saying yes or no after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one interview for customer service representative. Interviewed by the manager he was friendly and professional and knowledgeable about the job and company requirements. He Made me feel welcomed and at ease.

Interview Questions

• How would I be an asset to the company? What are my strengths and weaknesses? How would I handle an unsatisfied customer? What are my goals for the future?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Email from the company/corporate recruiting sent me to the wrong address so drove to the main rental building then told I needed to go to a 3rd location. Get to actual building and there was no one to talk to except for avery young employee who seemed to be doing new hire on-line training. The young male said both of the managers were out of the office and they shoud be back soon. Finally left after close to 30 minutes of people walking in and out of the office and no one even saying hello or asking what this stranger was doing in the office.

The only contact I had with anyone beyond the kid who said to wait was when I tried to leave and realized the exit was access controlled. At this point I parked and started to walk back to the building when a lady came out asking if I needed help. Told her I didn't know if I needed a code or anything to exit the parking lot and then she stated yes, and moved to let me out of the parking lot. I think I mentioned that I was there for an interview but she didn't seem to care one way or another so not even sure of who she was/what position she was in or if they even knew that someone was there to interview at all

Bad first impression from the Avis/Budget office at the Ontario, CA office. Based on this experience, I would be afraid to see how they treat the paying customer at the airport counter.