Avis Budget Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received call from out of state recruiter with a phone interview within 2 hours of applying.The recruiter emailed a call center online assessment same day. After passing that I was asked if I could come to Tulsa office for an informational meeting. See the facility listen in on calls etc. After informational meeting recruiter contacted me and sent another online assessment which I passed. Later that day I was invited in for an interview the following week. The interview was a joke. I met with the CSR manager. She must have had a bad day - asked me 5 pages of "behavior type" questions! I couldn't get this lady off her script it was brutal - she didn't smile at all. I finished the interview and felt good about it and the answers I gave. I sent "thank you for interview" email and waited. Received email next day informing me I wasn't a fit. Disappointed because they offer lots of great benefits and perks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to resolve a conflict...   1 Answer

Sales Performance Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

What an eye opening experience, They have a recruiting company that handled my application. People Scout, after two weeks I got an email from a lady for a time to set up a phone interview. 30 minutes before she emails me says she has a training seminar, I thought no problem lets schedule for another day. We did, I called her at the time and she did not answer, left an email message and another phone call all unanswered. I don't think I want to work for a company that is represented by these folks.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

About 3 days after I sent an application, I got a call to schedule an interview. I arrived 20 minutes early, and the interview started a half hour late. I never got a call or email saying yes or no after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Email from the company/corporate recruiting sent me to the wrong address so drove to the main rental building then told I needed to go to a 3rd location. Get to actual building and there was no one to talk to except for avery young employee who seemed to be doing new hire on-line training. The young male said both of the managers were out of the office and they shoud be back soon. Finally left after close to 30 minutes of people walking in and out of the office and no one even saying hello or asking what this stranger was doing in the office.

The only contact I had with anyone beyond the kid who said to wait was when I tried to leave and realized the exit was access controlled. At this point I parked and started to walk back to the building when a lady came out asking if I needed help. Told her I didn't know if I needed a code or anything to exit the parking lot and then she stated yes, and moved to let me out of the parking lot. I think I mentioned that I was there for an interview but she didn't seem to care one way or another so not even sure of who she was/what position she was in or if they even knew that someone was there to interview at all

Bad first impression from the Avis/Budget office at the Ontario, CA office. Based on this experience, I would be afraid to see how they treat the paying customer at the airport counter.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application, took online assessment, and then had a phone interview. The online assessment dealt with different customer and salesperson interactions and choosing the best and worst reactions of the salesperson from a given set of reactions. The phone interview was fairly simple and asked the same type of questions you get in a face to face interview.

Decision Science Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2016.

Interview

The first half hour talk with HR. Nothing special. The second half hour talk with VP and manager. They ask a few questions about my resume. At last, they ask my target salary. I tell them I don't have a very clear idea about salary but they still insist asking. I have to give them a range according to my search on Glassdoor. They say it's higher than they expect and end the talk with me immediately. Their attitude make me feel that they are not seriously looking for the proper candidate. Salary is always negotiable but they let it be the excuse to fail me. At the same time, the interview question are very general, not theoretical and professional. I have interviews with other company for similar positions. Their questions are very interesting and challenging. I can tell the gap between them. Overall, this team is not technical as I expect. At least, they don't ask any good question. Moreover, if a company put salary budget as the primary concern, it won't be good.

Shuttler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Honolulu, HI) in April 2016.

Interview

It was simple and easy process very good and understanding of job description
    I got to watch videos on process of how Abg works and got more information of the company and managers numbers if need to speak to them
    I enjoyed every info I got from the interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application on the company website. I was contacted by a recruiter and given a brief phone interview. She went over my past experience, resume, etc. I was then scheduled an interview at the Atlanta Airport location.

They were extremely disorganized and unprofessional. HR discussing potential employees loudly in the hallway. My interviewer was late. I was given the once over by several male employees who entered and exited the office while I waited.

The interviewer was dry and lacked energy. He appeared to be bored from the start and just going through the motions. He asked me a specific set of questions and wrote down each of my answers.

Towards the middle of the interview I was able to connect and get him to smile. I think the interview went well on my behalf. I believe my asking salary was too high when in reality I still felt it was low considering the amount of responsibilities. He did emphasize the company car, gas and insurance.

Interview Questions

• What's your management style?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to motivate an employee to do their job?   Answer Question
    • What's something a supervisor has criticized you about in the past and how did you take the criticism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a recruiter from the home office. You briefly go over your application and the position in general. After you set up a face to face interview with the manager at the branch you would be working at. I applied for a position at the Atlanta airport, which is open 24 hours a day. This requires them to have someone on staff to at all times. The actual interview was a little different since I previously worked in the industry before and knew the business. All I was asked was can I lead by example and make hard decisions. Overall I was optimistic but was getting a weird vibe when I left.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you open to relocation?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever put a team together? Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a team member?   Answer Question

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It's Thursday Feb 4 2016 and I have been waiting for me interviewer for a little over 2 hrs now. Extremely unprofessional. Receptionist is friendly but has no idea where the manager is.