Avis Budget Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

recruiter reached out, scheduled phone interview with hiring manager, manager moved call time, then was late to call, promised to follow up with next steps - crickets never heard live from recruiter or hiring manager again - email received they would be pursuing another applicant - that's fine but would have appreciated a live call.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your role   1 Answer

Avis Budget Group Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your interview experience. We always look to improve our hiring process to ensure that it is consistent and that our candidates ... More

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Ops Mgr Trainee position, and got an email the next week requesting a face to face interview. The email contained a generic 'we're hiring' job fair email, and that right there raised a red flag. The interview location was at their rundown Detroit office (dirty, dingy and smelly), and you will have to sign in and wait. You'll get a completely random person who doesn't know the first thing about you, or the position you applied for. It is by far the worst recruiting process I have ever gone through. This time last year, the recruitment process was actually somewhat decent, and you'd start with a 1-on-1 phone interview with someone who actually knew the position you applied for. I guess they lost common sense and decency at some point within the last year. I was glad (albeit, not surprised) that I was not moved forward, as the interviewer I got was very blunt. They hire in bulk, so be warned when you work for this company. With weekly hiring fairs, I'm doubtful you'll be there long.

Interview Questions

• Do you have management experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kahului, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Kahului, HI).

Interview

The manager asked me to sell her something in the room, which was cornyh, to say the least. Then, she went on to talk about her dog for 10 minutes. It was a joke.

Shuttler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Florissant, MO).

Interview

Open interviews went great just wanted to know my availability to work. I waited about a hour but there also were a lot of people waiting to be interviewed. Brought in my printed out resume. Went into interview with another individual. Once interview was completed we both were offered the job. Filled out forms and application same day and was also giving paper to drug test the following week

Interview Questions

• Am I okay with working in multiple weather conditions   1 Answer
    • Am I okay with a set schedule   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly, easy questions, the interview process was an exchange of conversation. They ask you about your background and experiences. They give you a tour of the facilities and introduce you to your future colleagues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online received call from out of state recruiter with a phone interview within 2 hours of applying.The recruiter emailed a call center online assessment same day. After passing that I was asked if I could come to Tulsa office for an informational meeting. See the facility listen in on calls etc. After informational meeting recruiter contacted me and sent another online assessment which I passed. Later that day I was invited in for an interview the following week. The interview was a joke. I met with the CSR manager. She must have had a bad day - asked me 5 pages of "behavior type" questions! I couldn't get this lady off her script it was brutal - she didn't smile at all. I finished the interview and felt good about it and the answers I gave. I sent "thank you for interview" email and waited. Received email next day informing me I wasn't a fit. Disappointed because they offer lots of great benefits and perks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to resolve a conflict...   1 Answer

Sales Performance Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

What an eye opening experience, They have a recruiting company that handled my application. People Scout, after two weeks I got an email from a lady for a time to set up a phone interview. 30 minutes before she emails me says she has a training seminar, I thought no problem lets schedule for another day. We did, I called her at the time and she did not answer, left an email message and another phone call all unanswered. I don't think I want to work for a company that is represented by these folks.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

About 3 days after I sent an application, I got a call to schedule an interview. I arrived 20 minutes early, and the interview started a half hour late. I never got a call or email saying yes or no after that.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Columbus, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Short and straight to the point, took a week at most . Received a call the day after submitting my application, got offered an opportunity to come in for an in person interview, then received a job offer the day after my interview upon completion of a background check and drug test, started the following week

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Email from the company/corporate recruiting sent me to the wrong address so drove to the main rental building then told I needed to go to a 3rd location. Get to actual building and there was no one to talk to except for avery young employee who seemed to be doing new hire on-line training. The young male said both of the managers were out of the office and they shoud be back soon. Finally left after close to 30 minutes of people walking in and out of the office and no one even saying hello or asking what this stranger was doing in the office.

The only contact I had with anyone beyond the kid who said to wait was when I tried to leave and realized the exit was access controlled. At this point I parked and started to walk back to the building when a lady came out asking if I needed help. Told her I didn't know if I needed a code or anything to exit the parking lot and then she stated yes, and moved to let me out of the parking lot. I think I mentioned that I was there for an interview but she didn't seem to care one way or another so not even sure of who she was/what position she was in or if they even knew that someone was there to interview at all

Bad first impression from the Avis/Budget office at the Ontario, CA office. Based on this experience, I would be afraid to see how they treat the paying customer at the airport counter.