Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2017

2.7

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was an exchange of conversation, the hiring manager was very friendly and the questions weren't hard they were more about you personality and you management style. The interview was an 1H30 long. He asked me approximately 20 questions and was honest about the job description and what I will be doing if i get it.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview. They moved through the interview process extremely fast which should have been a red flag, and were quick to make an offer, which was low.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very short and straightforward. Given that I had prior rental experience with another company, I understood the expectations and the pros and cons of the job. The interviewer was very polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time where you had to perform a duty that you had no experience doing, and how did you go about doing it and making sure that it was done correctly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Ops Mgr Trainee position, and got an email the next week requesting a face to face interview. The email contained a generic 'we're hiring' job fair email, and that right there raised a red flag. The interview location was at their rundown Detroit office (dirty, dingy and smelly), and you will have to sign in and wait. You'll get a completely random person who doesn't know the first thing about you, or the position you applied for. It is by far the worst recruiting process I have ever gone through. This time last year, the recruitment process was actually somewhat decent, and you'd start with a 1-on-1 phone interview with someone who actually knew the position you applied for. I guess they lost common sense and decency at some point within the last year. I was glad (albeit, not surprised) that I was not moved forward, as the interviewer I got was very blunt. They hire in bulk, so be warned when you work for this company. With weekly hiring fairs, I'm doubtful you'll be there long.

Interview Questions

• Do you have management experience?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly, easy questions, the interview process was an exchange of conversation. They ask you about your background and experiences. They give you a tour of the facilities and introduce you to your future colleagues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Email from the company/corporate recruiting sent me to the wrong address so drove to the main rental building then told I needed to go to a 3rd location. Get to actual building and there was no one to talk to except for avery young employee who seemed to be doing new hire on-line training. The young male said both of the managers were out of the office and they shoud be back soon. Finally left after close to 30 minutes of people walking in and out of the office and no one even saying hello or asking what this stranger was doing in the office.

The only contact I had with anyone beyond the kid who said to wait was when I tried to leave and realized the exit was access controlled. At this point I parked and started to walk back to the building when a lady came out asking if I needed help. Told her I didn't know if I needed a code or anything to exit the parking lot and then she stated yes, and moved to let me out of the parking lot. I think I mentioned that I was there for an interview but she didn't seem to care one way or another so not even sure of who she was/what position she was in or if they even knew that someone was there to interview at all

Bad first impression from the Avis/Budget office at the Ontario, CA office. Based on this experience, I would be afraid to see how they treat the paying customer at the airport counter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application on the company website. I was contacted by a recruiter and given a brief phone interview. She went over my past experience, resume, etc. I was then scheduled an interview at the Atlanta Airport location.

They were extremely disorganized and unprofessional. HR discussing potential employees loudly in the hallway. My interviewer was late. I was given the once over by several male employees who entered and exited the office while I waited.

The interviewer was dry and lacked energy. He appeared to be bored from the start and just going through the motions. He asked me a specific set of questions and wrote down each of my answers.

Towards the middle of the interview I was able to connect and get him to smile. I think the interview went well on my behalf. I believe my asking salary was too high when in reality I still felt it was low considering the amount of responsibilities. He did emphasize the company car, gas and insurance.

Interview Questions

• What's your management style?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to motivate an employee to do their job?   Answer Question
    • What's something a supervisor has criticized you about in the past and how did you take the criticism?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Several weeks after applying I received a phone call asking if I was still interested, and shortly afterward I had my first interview with the District Manager. He spent a good deal of time with me and explained the company's mission and what to expect as far as job expectations and training. This was followed by a phone interview in which it was revealed to me what the salary range was. A couple of weeks later I had another interview, this time with other managers. They gave me a very thorough picture as to what the job would entail, and I'm sure it was also to make sure that I would be a good fit. The whole process from beginning to end took over a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was not quite what I was hoping for, but there are perks (such as a car), which offset the difference. Plus there are bonuses. As a result, I was satisfied with what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a recruiter from the home office. You briefly go over your application and the position in general. After you set up a face to face interview with the manager at the branch you would be working at. I applied for a position at the Atlanta airport, which is open 24 hours a day. This requires them to have someone on staff to at all times. The actual interview was a little different since I previously worked in the industry before and knew the business. All I was asked was can I lead by example and make hard decisions. Overall I was optimistic but was getting a weird vibe when I left.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you open to relocation?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever put a team together? Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Portland, ME) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. It was a lot of conversation rather than them just drilling me with questions. They only had 5 questions written out to ask, the rest of them came from what we were talking about. I was there for 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the operations manager position entails?   Answer Question

Other opportunities