Avis Budget Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tulsa, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the entire process took about 6 weeks. First a People Scout recruiter contacted me and did a brief phone screening asking basic questions about my resume and skills. Scheduled for an on site group interview and tour which was really a mini orientation with about 8 other people about the job itself, company culture and work environment. We were then told to follow back up with recruiter if we were still interested. Recruiter called after about a week and scheduled face to face interview with two of the HR managers. I was also sent a call center simulation timed test and asked to complete before interview. The interviewers were both warm, inviting and really wanted to get to know me and see if I was a good fit. Questions were primarily behavior based and covered typical areas such as multi tasking, customer service, and work ethic. The next day I received another timed simulation test that tested my ability to multi task. Next, was called back for a second interview about a week later with HR director and one of the ladies who interviewed me first time. This interview was brief and really was just going back to my resume to discuss past work experience and why I was interested in job, etc. They went into full detail again about what to expect on job and answered my questions on what challenges I could encounter. You left interview with a very high understanding of what the job will be like and how to be successful. Received a call about two and a half weeks later with offer. This was def one of the most thorough interview processes I had encountered but probably one of the best too. They were very upfront and honest about everything and really was more like a conversation than a typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person on the job and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Canton, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call after applying from the recruiter did a quick interview. Basic easy questions. Then scheduled a face to face one. First off they didn't even have me on the schedule when I showed up they were running behind and I applied for FT but they said its for PT and the pay I was told on the phone was less than what they offered in person....so yea that's no Bueno

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer but got a call elsewhere and accepted it instead of Avis/budget

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

The interview process is less nerve racking then you would expect. The manager gave me brief simple questions such as my background, work history, and customer service. It is not a difficult job to get

Sales Representative/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (White Plains, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

After I applied I received a phone call from a woman in Chicago about a month later. We do a quick interview and I am told that she would like me to move forward in the process. While she looking for interview times she tells me that she doesn't have any available. So she says she will call me back in a week with new times.

A MONTH LATER. I get a series of phone calls from her asking me to interview. So I agreed.

Interview: I get to the airport location Then was directed to three different locations while I wait for the manager. 30 mins go by and I am brought back to the office. She asks me "What position did you apply for?" I let her know and she then informs me that she had no positions available. Which is something I don't understand. Why go through the hassle of interviewing me and not having any positions available, It lasted all of 5 minutes. I told her I was disapointed for the time that was wasted on their part and mine.

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Green Bay, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

It was pretty much a basic interview with the manager, then a second manager for the next one. Some of the questions are different, but they pertain to the job. Overall it's pretty much an interview that you get at a McDonalds. They also ask for a background check which is understandable as you're driving cars. They don't drug test unless you crash a car, so you don't have to worry about that.

Interview Questions

• What's something you think people forget to clean in a car.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through recruiting company so process might be skewed.

First met with district and regional managers as well as the HR manager. About an hour interview with all 3. Some basic questions answered with the STAR method. Mostly conversation to gauge your personality and leadership approach.

Was then sent a personality profile test and assessment. Mix of personality and problem solving puzzles/questions.

After a successful face to face and test results; moved onto phone interviews with immediate regional supervisors. Standard questions like previously and more gauging of individual personality and traits.

Once phone interview went well; on site visit was offered. Once on site; regional supervisors went over the job and responsibilities. Very concerned about personality fit and chemistry; which was a good sign for any candidate.

Once that was successful offer was sent within a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fair offer and relocation package.

Rental Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and pleasant. The interviewer explained the full scope of the job discription. He also explained to me the hours that the salespersons work. This was a very relaxed and pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretend to sell me something of my choice.   1 Answer

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief, lol. Went well, no hard questions. HR lady was super nice, very friendly. She smiled a lot, explained the job duites, raises & promotions. You have nothing to worry about, it's not like a corporate interview.

Vehicle Return Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, which lasted about 15 mins. I was asked a series of questions about my driving history, my experience with dealing with angry customers, and about what i was looking for in a part time position. Then the second interview was a 1:1 with a department manager. I was asked a lot of the same questions from the phone interview, but in more detail. Then I was told about my duties and responsibilities of the job, the hours and pay rate, if I was to be hired. I had a chance to ask questions at the end and was then sent to take my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a recent dealing with a unhappy or unsatisfied customer and tell us how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

TOOK 3 WEEKS for an interview! Pre-screen by independent company. Interview with 3 managers at one time. Lots of basic questions asked. Very informal and I was way overdressed. Lots of pervious work questions and how would you......deal with.....questions