Cover image for Avis Budget Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 63 of over 600 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Avis Budget Group

Application

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview

Very simple. 3 Steps: Phone Interview, Interview with Regional Director, Interview with Regional VP. None of the questions were common and expected. All interviews were conducted virtually. The demeanor of all interviewers was casual and easy.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with management and operations?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Savannah, GA) in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview was seemingly rushed. There was no type of follow up and the manager had a negative attitude. He only really spoke of the negative parts of the company, and only a few perks. He barely listened when I spoke and I even asked him questions, but he didn’t even pay attention. Manager should do better than that considering people take time out their busy day as well to come as well. I just see it as though I dodged a bullet honestly.

Interview Questions
  • It showcased the negative side of the company mainly as a way to try to intimidate me on the job offer.

Avis Budget Group

Application

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview

It was an interview with the recruiter then if you pass that you interview with the district manager. I knew i was selected when i received a phone call from the dm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avis Budget Group

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview

Phone interview, totally impersonal, unorganized, and off- putting. You could tell he was likely reading from a interview questions sheet and the questions were not tailored to the job, myself or the previous answers I provided. I have interviewed at many places and this was by far one of the worst experiences I’ve had. If he is a reflection of the company as a whole, I am so glad I dodged the bullet.

Interview Questions
  • HR person was totally unprepared. Wasn’t ready for the interview, clearly didn’t read or study my resume/application. Didn’t listen to anything I said. Would ask question I had already provided an answer to. Definitely left a bad impression of the company.

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview

It is very long and time taking process, from sending an online application then a short pre-screening over the phone next you will see one manager, then another one and then another one. It really takes a lot of time, be prepared for a month at least.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Washington, DC) in Sep 2019

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with recruiter. She was so lovely and I thought I would love the company. Until you meet the hiring manager. From the get go, the guy said "This is the worst job ever, you will hate this job." (literally said this) and said other things like "What do you want this job?" I answered, "Well you all are a top rental car company." and he goes "What do you mean top rental car company? There are only three companies Hertz, Enterprise, and Us. What do you mean top company when there are only three." Also said, "We run out of cars every day and you will have people scream at you every day and you have to handle that." and also mentioned "You fire somebody, and I tell you to bring them back, how do you feel?" and the final straw "What's my name? (never mentioned his name and I tell him this), "That's BS, I told you my name." Laughs and then pats me on the back after I walk out of the interview feeling disgruntled by this man going on some type of power trip and making it out like a CIA interview, and did I mention the peers they just hired were just sitting in a corner watching me during the interview? Gross and honestly a HUGE waste of time. Recruiter sent me a generic rejection a week after and tbh I could not be more thrilled. This company is just asking for a lawsuit waiting to happen by how they make potential employees feel.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for us? If you had to deal with an employee with a negative performance, how would you? If I told you bring back the employee you fired, how would you feel? How would you handle a customer who is screaming in your race because we do not have any more cars?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in Sep 2019

Interview

The process was organized, thorough and enjoyable. Everyone I met was professional, courteous and positive. There was a video interview, a phone interview and a one-on-one interview. It was a positive experience

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview

Apply online, complete the video interview, phone interview, in person interview, follow up phone interview. The in-person interview is about an hour long. The process is smooth and doesn’t feel intimidating.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had an employee who wasn’t performing, how did you manage that situation?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Phoenix, AZ) in Jul 2018

Interview

The woman interviewing me was very “in your face” almost as if she was trying to intimidate me, almost staring me down as if I didn’t belong there. She deliberately would ask me questions within a question, within another question, almost as if she was trying to confuse me. Not friendly, very ill mannered and whether it had something to do with my skin color being black I don’t know but I’m willing to lean towards that. From the moment she walked in and asked me my name she looked at me with disgust. I knew I would not get a fair shake at the opportunity the moment she looked at me. I will be going to social media with her name and location, indeed, Glassdoor, Twitter, and Facebook about the hiring practices of this woman.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when an associate was no doing their job? How did you handle it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in Aug 2017

Interview

The interview was an exchange of conversation, the hiring manager was very friendly and the questions weren't hard they were more about you personality and you management style. The interview was an 1H30 long. He asked me approximately 20 questions and was honest about the job description and what I will be doing if i get it.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Interviews