Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied and about 1 week later I had a phone interview, then the following week I had an in person interview. The questions weren't too difficult, basic managing questions how do you teach people, how do you stay organized, things like that. They really seemed like they want toomey people as most of the staff is in their mid-late 30s and up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a phone call from a recruiter about a week later she told me about the position the pay and asked if I would like to meet with the area manager at the airport JfK the next day I sat down with the manager and we talked about an hour he was with the company for 16 years told me what he wanted from his mangers and wanted to know if I had what it took to help him turn around what he called the service part of the business overall it was a good interview he told me if he was going to move forward that I would hear from him within a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Engaging, the city manager John Weber was fantastic. He provided a discussion of customer service excellence that provided a perfect forum for us to "know each other". We then spoke of leadership and management, and the responsibilities, and expectations to build and grow a team. Then, the Senior Mgr. Karen, entered the discussion.
    Refreshing! The experience had me energized as I left, and I desire the opportunity to be a part of this team of professionals!

Interview Questions

• more than one. tell me of a mentor? tell me of customer service? tell me how you deal with performance? when performance fails, how do you deal with it? how do you discipline? when you discipline, how do you go about it? it was comprehensive, engaging, and exillerating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Jf Kennedy Ap, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was very easy going and down to earth but it did seem like he wanted to scare me away from the job. He didn't cover the pay and didn't seem like he even wanted to be interviewing anyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was about a 3 week wait to hear back after applying on their website. Then they do a quick phone interview with a national recruiter just to make sure you're okay with the hours and pay for the job. They then give you tips for the in person interview. A week later I did the in person interview and it went very well and they seem interested, but they didn't offer me the job in the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was helpful but a bit disjointed. Did not seem as though the person doing the phone interview worked for avis/budget but she was very nice. The in person interview location was hard to find due to poor signage. Benefits seemed decent, especially the company 🚗. The operations manager position is probably more for a younger (20-25 yr old) person without kids as the shifts aren't desirable and can change rapidly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later a recruiter contacted me and told me what to say in the interview and scheduled the interview for the next week. I showed up to my interview on time and they made me wait 30 minutes before calling me upstairs to interview. No apologies for the wait. First the Airport Manager interviewed me, then the District Manager interviewed me, then the Sales Manager interviewed me. They all asked the exact same questions over and over, I think they take notes to make sure your answers stay the same. I was then given a tour of the entire airport where I would be working and at the conclusion the Airport Manager told me to schedule my final interview with the HR Manager over the phone since she wasn't there. The entire process took 3 hours and I left feeling pretty pumped because they were saying that after the HR Manager called I would receive an offer. On Sunday (had my interview on Friday) I got an email at 7:01 AM thanking me for my time and that they had gone with a more qualified candidate. I thought this was very weird so I sent a polite message to the Airport Manager asking if this was a mistake because I thought the interviews went quite well and that Monday I was supposed to have my HR interview. He responded back via email very quickly apologizing and letting me know that the email was a mistake and to be expecting the HR Manager to call me at 9AM on Monday morning. I took the morning off from work so I would have an uninterrupted phone interview. The HR Manager never called. I called the office and they were shocked that no one called me. I told them I had to go to work, but I could probably take a late lunch at 1pm and have the interview then and the office worker said she would set this up for me. 1pm came and went and no one called me so after work I called back in and asked them what had happened. The office person apologized and made another appointment for a couple of days later. The HR Manager finally called me back 2 days later, and I had to interview at work which wasn't ideal for me. She seemed very unorganized and didn't even apologize for wasting my time earlier that week. She asked the same exact questions that the other managers asked but I could hardly understand her because she had me on a speaker phone and I had to ask her to repeat her questions multiple times. She then told me they would let me know as soon as possible because they needed to fill the position soon. A week passed so I emailed the Airport Manager since he wasn't in his office when I called and he never responded to me. 3 weeks later no status updates so I emailed Human Resources and I got a prompt email back letting me know that they went with someone more qualified for the position. The whole process was a huge waste of time for me, and they don't value your time at all. That is the message I got about this company through their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a difficult customer and how did you defuse the situation?
      How do you feel about working overtime?
      How do you feel about working 3rd shift?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New Orleans, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

First you do a phone interview and you are asked three questions, if you are okay with the hours, pay structure, and training you move on and you are asked serveral other questions. If the interviewer feels you are a right fit you will have to interview with a local manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer with unrealistic demands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Contacted by HR in Dallas, When I went to interview the guy didn't know I was scheduled. Big red flag in my mind. Interview went fairly well but I was not offered the position and only found out through an email a week and a half later, also from Dallas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Very porfessional, phone interview then interview with district manager

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor gives you a project and half way through you are not able to finish it in the time frame, What would you do?   Answer Question