Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Engaging, the city manager John Weber was fantastic. He provided a discussion of customer service excellence that provided a perfect forum for us to "know each other". We then spoke of leadership and management, and the responsibilities, and expectations to build and grow a team. Then, the Senior Mgr. Karen, entered the discussion.
Refreshing! The experience had me energized as I left, and I desire the opportunity to be a part of this team of professionals!

Interview Questions

• more than one. tell me of a mentor? tell me of customer service? tell me how you deal with performance? when performance fails, how do you deal with it? how do you discipline? when you discipline, how do you go about it? it was comprehensive, engaging, and exillerating.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Newark, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked a series of situational questions regarding customer services experience. They also asked questions about previous sales experience and accomplishments. We spoke about the company and what the future holds in terms of growth.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion what changes would you make on your first three months on the job ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We had a few discuss regarding pay. After two weeks we agreed on a salary.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The City Manager, Anstey, was great! He was authoritative and seemed to be a great leader as well as a positive mentor. Under his guidance and with his forward thinking I was convinced this could be a great company to work for. During the 2 hour interview Anstey listed all of the pros and cons of the position to make sure that I made an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Phone briefing, two in person interviews for management role. Challenging questions were asked by hr manager and the district manager. I can't remember all of them but each interview was two hours

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter, we spoke for about 30 mins or so. They said they would pass my information along to the appropriate hiring personnel. I heard back a couple days later from the recruiter that an interview had been scheduled for the following week. I first met with the Airport Manager and City Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. I had fun during the interview, and was asked basic questions for the type of job applying for (ie: supervisory roles in the past and what actions I took when difficult situations arose, etc.). The interview seemed to go very well and flowed. I made sure to ask questions regarding the position, and what the next steps would be, as I was very interested. The City Manager said if I were selected for the next interview, I would be called and it would be with the District Manager. I was called a week later, and we set up a time for me to come back in. I interviewed with the District Manager for about an hour. He asked many specific questions of how I would handle situations of the job, and made sure it was something I could and wanted to do. We also talked a lot about career advancement opportunities. I was called about two weeks later, after I sent three follow-up emails and three phone calls. I was offered a position by the City Manager. I then had to go back in to the office to pick up a screening packet that consisted of taking a drug test (had multiple facilities available to use), and going to the DMV to obtain a three year driving record. Three days later, I was officially hired. Overall a lengthy but great experience that is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any past employees or employers who did not like you, or that didn't get along with you, no matter what you tried to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them the salary range that was most desirable for me, and they came back with an offer around that amount. Not much room for negotiation, but none needed if you familiarize yourself with the pay range for the job applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The process - Is tedious. Gives you the "feeling" you are moving forward, when in actuality you are not. First you complete an online assessment - which is like a cross between a personality test and an skills/knowledge test. Then you receive an email that tells you to call in to speak to a recuriter for the next step in the process - this is really a call center with someone reading you scripted interview questions. After this process - they say "OK you passed and are ready to move on to the next phase with is a F2F interview, but we don't have any openings..........Why did i just go through all this then????? Anyway, they say they will call you - for me 5-6 weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything. Not sure what happened LOL

Interview Questions

• Well, it was typical interview questions. However, they did ask if I was willing to relocate to a different state if that is where I was needed......   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Several weeks after applying I received a phone call asking if I was still interested, and shortly afterward I had my first interview with the District Manager. He spent a good deal of time with me and explained the company's mission and what to expect as far as job expectations and training. This was followed by a phone interview in which it was revealed to me what the salary range was. A couple of weeks later I had another interview, this time with other managers. They gave me a very thorough picture as to what the job would entail, and I'm sure it was also to make sure that I would be a good fit. The whole process from beginning to end took over a month.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to this company?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary was not quite what I was hoping for, but there are perks (such as a car), which offset the difference. Plus there are bonuses. As a result, I was satisfied with what was offered.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

First you take a phone interview with a third party. If the recruiter from the third party likes you then you get an interview with the airport manager. Fairly easy process and didn't take too long.

Interview Questions

• The typical questions like tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service?
      What are you goals? Tell me about your strengths and opportunities.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied and about 1 week later I had a phone interview, then the following week I had an in person interview. The questions weren't too difficult, basic managing questions how do you teach people, how do you stay organized, things like that. They really seemed like they want toomey people as most of the staff is in their mid-late 30s and up.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

3 month interview (Moves very SLOW). 1 interview with H.R; 1 With City manager; 1 with regional manager;last with airport. Was almost past up because of age i think. They hired myself and one more manager. Managers in Charlotte are great;

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to work with ABG? Are you willing to put in 55+ hours per week for VERY little pay??   1 Answer