Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

The hiring process is rather long. I filled out an online application. The next day, I was asked by email to complete an online test, with most questions pertaining to character and management style. I then had a telephone interview a few days later, which was followed by an in-person interview with somebody with HR the following week. A week after that, I had an interview with a regional manager. A hiring decision was made three business days later. I was relatively pleased at the avoidance of "gotcha" questions in the interview process. The workplaces I observed at my interview locations appeared to be running relatively smoothly and were not filled with acrimony.

Interview Questions

• I found the questions about how I have dealt with difficult customers to be rather difficult, particularly having not worked in the rental industry before. I felt my experiences in simple retail, services, and the nonprofit sector were not analogous to what businesses in the rental marked face, and that this negatively impacted my application.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

There were a couple interviews and personality tests

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a good employee thinking of leaving the company and how did you convince them to stay   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy.
    A couple of in person interviews which really decide on whether you get the job. Do not be afraid to dig into the tough questions such as work hours and benefits. Hiring managers enjoy the competitive nature as well as the drive to succeed through effective time management.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online and was called by a recruiter and set up an interview date at the airport. Talked to one of the managers about my resume and goals as far as career plans. Interviewed with the Area manager after that and talked about my resume again and he detailed the Operations Manager position and was deciding if the fit would be right.

Interview Questions

• Asked where I would want to see myself in the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Took a few weeks from start to finish, really flexible with finding time that works for you to come in and interview. Great knowledge fro steps to get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a phone call from a recruiter about a week later she told me about the position the pay and asked if I would like to meet with the area manager at the airport JfK the next day I sat down with the manager and we talked about an hour he was with the company for 16 years told me what he wanted from his mangers and wanted to know if I had what it took to help him turn around what he called the service part of the business overall it was a good interview he told me if he was going to move forward that I would hear from him within a week

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in November 2011.

Interview

I got a lead via career builder for the counter sales position. I applied online and then saw the position for "city manager" and applied for that also. I had a phone interview for both positions via an outsourced company seperately. I then got a call for my face-to-face inerview. I met with the district manager and was interviewed for the city manager position. I was given a test to fill out and return, a bubble test which I had to do online and fill in. was told that if i passed that I would be called back for a second interview. It all worked out and I was called back for my second interview in which he told me about the salary, benefits, and asked if I had any questions. I also did a sales presentation and he remarked that I had a great deal of management experience and that I seemed to be a good fit. I was then given paperwork for my drug test and did paperwork for a background check, credit check and driving record. I was told that if all of those thing panned out I would meet with another manager for a second interview. A full month went by with no word. Come to find out that because I applied for two positions it tied up my application. I then went into the corporate office for my second interview to meet up with the corporate training manager. He then asked me various questions about how I would handle certain challenges and employees. The employees at the airport location where I had my first interview were very nice, laid back and wore uniforms. The employees at corporate were all hidden, I didn't see them. 21 days later I get a call back over the phone with a job offer. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult situation when having to deal with re-training employees who are not meeting/exceeding goasl? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. The salary and bonuses were in line with what I was looking for plus I get use of a vehicle and don't have to worry about gas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online, then was contacted by a recruiter with a Phone Interview. Asked basic questions about my work history. She said that she was going to build a profile for me and send it over to the hiring manager. Waited for a week and heard nothing. I knew the hiring manager would be at the airport location so I called asking for the District Manager. He was out of town so I left a message. Never got a call back so I followed up AGAIN and he stated that he never received my information. So I then called the recruiter back and she resubmitted my information to him. Got a call back from the recruiter the next day to set up another phone interview with the DM. DM said the interview went really well and that I would be hearing back from them in the next few days. 15 minutes later I got an email from the recruiter saying that they had decided to go with another candidate...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received an email with a phone number to call for a phone interview. The conversation went well and the interviewer was very nice but at the end of the interview, she said "The next step is to schedule a face-to-face interview. Unforturnately, we don't have any available schedule at this time. A recuiter will review your responses and contact you via telephone or email." I think the word "UNFORTUNATELY" is indicating "you are not selected for the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I receive an E-mail for an interview. Show up on time, but seems like the organization managed by bunch of bimbo and uneducated people. There are no clear picture who suppose doing what. I came in for the interview on time and expected to meet with people that appreciate my valuable time. Came in at 1:00 pm and greeted by somebody (The manager is whispering that "Let so and so do the interview", because he have something to do in his office). I also overheard some managers talking in the hall: Dumb conversation that got nothing to do with work. In the mean time, I waited for 40 minutes and I got tired sitting in a broken and saggy old chair, I approached a manager in her office and I said "Where is my inteviewer?"...She said: "You mean nobody show up all this time.....ooooh I am so sorry bla..blah..blah.."

Finally, One manager came in and said he just came from John Wayne Airport and ready for the interview. Nice gentleman and the interview went well. I was not hired. I guess this is the culture at Avis Budget, but I certainly give this organization an F in treating valuable candidates like I am who have the passion, enthusiasm and an advance degree.