Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly, easy questions, the interview process was an exchange of conversation. They ask you about your background and experiences. They give you a tour of the facilities and introduce you to your future colleagues.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Newark, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked a series of situational questions regarding customer services experience. They also asked questions about previous sales experience and accomplishments. We spoke about the company and what the future holds in terms of growth.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion what changes would you make on your first three months on the job ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We had a few discuss regarding pay. After two weeks we agreed on a salary.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Several weeks after applying I received a phone call asking if I was still interested, and shortly afterward I had my first interview with the District Manager. He spent a good deal of time with me and explained the company's mission and what to expect as far as job expectations and training. This was followed by a phone interview in which it was revealed to me what the salary range was. A couple of weeks later I had another interview, this time with other managers. They gave me a very thorough picture as to what the job would entail, and I'm sure it was also to make sure that I would be a good fit. The whole process from beginning to end took over a month.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to this company?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary was not quite what I was hoping for, but there are perks (such as a car), which offset the difference. Plus there are bonuses. As a result, I was satisfied with what was offered.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

First you take a phone interview with a third party. If the recruiter from the third party likes you then you get an interview with the airport manager. Fairly easy process and didn't take too long.

Interview Questions

• The typical questions like tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service?
      What are you goals? Tell me about your strengths and opportunities.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied and about 1 week later I had a phone interview, then the following week I had an in person interview. The questions weren't too difficult, basic managing questions how do you teach people, how do you stay organized, things like that. They really seemed like they want toomey people as most of the staff is in their mid-late 30s and up.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

3 month interview (Moves very SLOW). 1 interview with H.R; 1 With City manager; 1 with regional manager;last with airport. Was almost past up because of age i think. They hired myself and one more manager. Managers in Charlotte are great;

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to work with ABG? Are you willing to put in 55+ hours per week for VERY little pay??   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Hollywood, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com. I kept getting an email from the company to take this test for about 3 months. Finally when I took it I got a phone call for a preliminary interview. Right after I was scheduled an interview at the location with the airport manager. Maybe a week later I received a call from the same original person with feedback that I should dress more appropriately (I can agree). I was then set up to interview with the district manager. That same day I interviewed with the airport A and B, who was very simple and asked 3 questions. The whole process took about a month and was actually very positive and motivating.

Interview Questions

• About making decisions. Do you favor the employee or the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The City Manager, Anstey, was great! He was authoritative and seemed to be a great leader as well as a positive mentor. Under his guidance and with his forward thinking I was convinced this could be a great company to work for. During the 2 hour interview Anstey listed all of the pros and cons of the position to make sure that I made an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a phone call from a recruiter about a week later she told me about the position the pay and asked if I would like to meet with the area manager at the airport JfK the next day I sat down with the manager and we talked about an hour he was with the company for 16 years told me what he wanted from his mangers and wanted to know if I had what it took to help him turn around what he called the service part of the business overall it was a good interview he told me if he was going to move forward that I would hear from him within a week

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

3 interviews starting with HR, Hiring Manager and Senior Management. HR Manager did the background check and connected with me for the entire process. Once I passed this, I was asked to meet with the hiring manager. Once I passed this I then met with senior management and negotiated my salary.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions which include specific examples.   1 Answer