Cover image for Avis Budget Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Avis Budget Group Operations Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 600 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Honolulu, HI) in Sep 2022

Interview

Very smooth and easy and stress free. I worked with a recruiter and they we're very transparent and explained the role in full detail. Also did not have to wait days to here back. Had same day interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is my opinion on customer service
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Applied online and soon after I heard from a recruiter. Phone interview went well and I was set up with an interview with one of the airport managers. Again, great experience and thought a final interview was a done deal until they told me I’d be meeting with ALL the other airport managers before I even got to the regional manager/director. Keep in mind this is a training position, not for CFO or something. Anyways, met with the other airport managers/two current operations managers. Their purpose seemed like it was to talk candidates out of the job by scaring when with the difficult realities of dealing with union workers and spending 11 hours a day outside on your feet. Finally made it to the regional manager who had absolutely zero interest in finding a candidate. For starters, he directly informed me he thought the manager in training program was a waste of time and they should only be hiring internally due to the intense difficulty of the position. Kept throwing silly curveball question after question, all while playing with something on his desk and not maintaining eye contact. I heard back a month later from the recruiter apologizing for the delay from that manager and asking if I still wanted the job...to sum it up, seems like a lot of trouble for a job that pays just over 50k a year. You can do better.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you failed
  • Why do you want this job? (They will ask you to elaborate on this so make sure you have a good story ready)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Detroit, MI) in Mar 2017

Interview

I applied for the Ops Mgr Trainee position, and got an email the next week requesting a face to face interview. The email contained a generic 'we're hiring' job fair email, and that right there raised a red flag. The interview location was at their rundown Detroit office (dirty, dingy and smelly), and you will have to sign in and wait. You'll get a completely random person who doesn't know the first thing about you, or the position you applied for. It is by far the worst recruiting process I have ever gone through. This time last year, the recruitment process was actually somewhat decent, and you'd start with a 1-on-1 phone interview with someone who actually knew the position you applied for. I guess they lost common sense and decency at some point within the last year. I was glad (albeit, not surprised) that I was not moved forward, as the interviewer I got was very blunt. They hire in bulk, so be warned when you work for this company. With weekly hiring fairs, I'm doubtful you'll be there long.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have management experience?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Ontario, CA) in Sep 2016

Interview

Email from the company/corporate recruiting sent me to the wrong address so drove to the main rental building then told I needed to go to a 3rd location. Get to actual building and there was no one to talk to except for avery young employee who seemed to be doing new hire on-line training. The young male said both of the managers were out of the office and they shoud be back soon. Finally left after close to 30 minutes of people walking in and out of the office and no one even saying hello or asking what this stranger was doing in the office. The only contact I had with anyone beyond the kid who said to wait was when I tried to leave and realized the exit was access controlled. At this point I parked and started to walk back to the building when a lady came out asking if I needed help. Told her I didn't know if I needed a code or anything to exit the parking lot and then she stated yes, and moved to let me out of the parking lot. I think I mentioned that I was there for an interview but she didn't seem to care one way or another so not even sure of who she was/what position she was in or if they even knew that someone was there to interview at all Bad first impression from the Avis/Budget office at the Ontario, CA office. Based on this experience, I would be afraid to see how they treat the paying customer at the airport counter.

7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2016

Interview

I filled out an application on the company website. I was contacted by a recruiter and given a brief phone interview. She went over my past experience, resume, etc. I was then scheduled an interview at the Atlanta Airport location. They were extremely disorganized and unprofessional. HR discussing potential employees loudly in the hallway. My interviewer was late. I was given the once over by several male employees who entered and exited the office while I waited. The interviewer was dry and lacked energy. He appeared to be bored from the start and just going through the motions. He asked me a specific set of questions and wrote down each of my answers. Towards the middle of the interview I was able to connect and get him to smile. I think the interview went well on my behalf. I believe my asking salary was too high when in reality I still felt it was low considering the amount of responsibilities. He did emphasize the company car, gas and insurance.

Interview Questions
  • What's your management style?
  • Describe a situation when you had to motivate an employee to do their job?
  • What's something a supervisor has criticized you about in the past and how did you take the criticism?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Atlanta, GA) in Feb 2016

Interview

First there is a phone interview with a recruiter from the home office. You briefly go over your application and the position in general. After you set up a face to face interview with the manager at the branch you would be working at. I applied for a position at the Atlanta airport, which is open 24 hours a day. This requires them to have someone on staff to at all times. The actual interview was a little different since I previously worked in the industry before and knew the business. All I was asked was can I lead by example and make hard decisions. Overall I was optimistic but was getting a weird vibe when I left.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see your self in 5 years?
  • Are you open to relocation?
  • Have you ever put a team together? Have you ever had to deliver bad news to a team member?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Portland, ME) in Feb 2016

Interview

Very easy interview. It was a lot of conversation rather than them just drilling me with questions. They only had 5 questions written out to ask, the rest of them came from what we were talking about. I was there for 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Denver, CO) in Oct 2015

Interview

Submitted an application. Was contacted approximately a week later to set up a phone interview. Then was set up for a face to face interview but I was unable to attend due to a last minute medical procedure. After reviewing information from the phone interview, I decided the job did not meet my needs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in Jul 2015

Interview

Applied the first day the position was posted. Received an e-mail a week or two later to call a recruiter. The recruiter was friendly. This person went over the position, what it paid, benefits, hours, etc. We also went through a few questions about what I would do/have done in certain situations. After that, the recruiter set up an in-person interview at the location itself a few days later. This lasted around a half hour and was with two managers. I thought it went well, but two days later, I received the "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Interview Questions
  • Why Avis? What happened with a difficult customer you encountered in the past? What is your managing style? How have you coached someone that wasn't meeting company standards?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Reno, NV) in Jun 2015

Interview

You must apply online for the position. There is a test they will send you online if you are accepted. If you pass this online test/survey, you will be called in for an interview with the airport manager. Then if that goes well you will be passed on to the District Manager where you will have a more comprehensive interview. The District Manager will then make their recommendation to the area Director. If the recommendation is positive you will be asked to interview over the phone or in person with the area director.

Interview Questions
  • They want to hear about your sales experience which is required in this field.
  • They will ask for specific examples and ask for experience based answers. such as," Give an example of how you dealt with a situation where an employee you worked with was insubordinate."
1 person found this interview helpful