Avis Budget Group Rental Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.3

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2017.

Interview

About 3 days after I sent an application, I got a call to schedule an interview. I arrived 20 minutes early, and the interview started a half hour late. I never got a call or email saying yes or no after that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Idaho Falls, ID) in August 2016.

Interview

Manager just explained the job and set up a phone interview with a different manager. The phone interview was easy, we just walked through a role play of what you will say to customers, and how you will offer them different cars based on information they give you.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Canton, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call after applying from the recruiter did a quick interview. Basic easy questions. Then scheduled a face to face one. First off they didn't even have me on the schedule when I showed up they were running behind and I applied for FT but they said its for PT and the pay I was told on the phone was less than what they offered in person....so yea that's no Bueno

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer but got a call elsewhere and accepted it instead of Avis/budget

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

The interview process is less nerve racking then you would expect. The manager gave me brief simple questions such as my background, work history, and customer service. It is not a difficult job to get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

TOOK 3 WEEKS for an interview! Pre-screen by independent company. Interview with 3 managers at one time. Lots of basic questions asked. Very informal and I was way overdressed. Lots of pervious work questions and how would you......deal with.....questions

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

I applied online and was e-mailed in response to set up a phone interview. I was on vacation and didn't respond. I received a call about 5 day's letter to see if I was still interested, I said I was but on vacation. We scheduled a phone interview that was short with some details about the position and scheduled a sit down interview. It was very relaxed. After a short sales pitch about the company and job and was asked to discuss my background, I knew I had the job. - it was too easy for a reason.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Standard interview nothing out of the ordinary, be ready to "sell" a product in your interview, answer what was the hardest customer you had to deal with and how did you overcome or win that customer over. Why you would be a good fit to be a rental sales agent. You have to be a people's person.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Unorganized and unprofessional! The disconnect between corporate and the local branches is apparent. Corporate is sending emails and scheduling interviews, meanwhile the local branch is sometimes unaware. I rec'd instructions to call numbers to schedule appts. that no one ever answered. I received an email confirmation for an interview at the local branch including details of time and contact person , only to arrive at the location and be told that I canceled the interview. I looked in disbelief- Why would I cancel? How , when did I cancel? At that point they gave me a pity interview just to get me out of their face then emailed me a rejection email the following morning. Overall they are unorganized, and are trying to hang on in a growing industry but with a dying structure. Smart phone apps and membership programs in rental car companies is cannibalizing the rental sales agent who is there to up sell the customer. Be it insurance or vehicle upgrade etc. I wanted a second job because I needed extra $$$ I knew upon the search its a crap job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time u had to deal with an unsatisfied customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in for a Vehicle Return Associate, but the branch manager wanted me to become a rental Sales Agent. So he had me come back another day that week to consider me for that postion.

Interview Questions

• Explain an time where you had to sell something to somebody, any instance, not particluarly at work.   1 Answer

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

First I took Computer assessment , I was called for phone interview , was scheduled for a face to face interview and then offer was made. Took quite some time for management to get back to me , had to keep calling to check status of application and to schedule start date