Cover image for Avis Budget Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Avis Budget Group Rental Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 34 of over 600 interviews

In Person7%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in May 2017

Interview

I applied online then the system sent a link to conduct a video interview. I was called in for an in person interview after a phone screen the next day or so.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you have dealt with a difficult customer?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in Sep 2016

Interview

Filled out online application, took online assessment, and then had a phone interview. The online assessment dealt with different customer and salesperson interactions and choosing the best and worst reactions of the salesperson from a given set of reactions. The phone interview was fairly simple and asked the same type of questions you get in a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Houston, TX) in May 2016

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and pleasant. The interviewer explained the full scope of the job discription. He also explained to me the hours that the salespersons work. This was a very relaxed and pleasant interview.

Interview Questions
  • Pretend to sell me something of my choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY) in Feb 2016

Interview

It's Thursday Feb 4 2016 and I have been waiting for me interviewer for a little over 2 hrs now. Extremely unprofessional. Receptionist is friendly but has no idea where the manager is.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in Dec 2015

Interview

i applied did a phone interview and then passed that was invited to come in and interviewed with the sales manager then he went and got the DM and completed my second interview right then and there

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (San Jose, CA)

Interview

After call-in. Back-to back interviews with managers. Basic questions about your sales experience and whether or not you can be scripted to sale. If they like you they will tell you to go get your urine test that same day. Had to pay for parking to get to the interview and once there had to wait for an hour until a manager was available to interview me. Found out I wasn't the only one that had happen to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in Jul 2015

Interview

They used a new technology called HireVue, it consisted of multiple choice and timed recorded answers. It was a good experience and something I had never used before. It takes away some stress yet adds it at the same time. Critical of your voice when recording and watching the time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview

Surfing the ABG website you will find all available job postings. After you submit the application along with a copy of your resume, you will recieve confirmation stating the application was recieved. Following comes a phone interview with a recruiting agent. Next youre scheduled for a live interview. If all is well, you will be asked to submit a drugscreen after the love interview. We are a drugfree workplace and have a smoke free fleet.

Interview Questions
  • Describe an instance where you had to assist a highly unsatisfied customer?
13 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Bloomington, MN) in May 2015

Interview

I filled out and application online and submitted my resume. I was then sent a link for an assessment test that was 25 minutes long, but very basic. About a week later I was contacted to do a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and was told I could either do a face to face interview at a local job fair Avis Budget Group was about to have or schedule one. I schedule an interview. I was interviewed by a supervisor who was very personable. She said she thought I would be a good addition to the Avis Budget Group family. I was sent to meet with the site manager where I would actually be working to see ifI would be a good fit there. Long story short I was hired. The entire process was a little lengthy. *Driving record must be clean no matter what position you apply for*

Interview Questions
  • If a manager asked you to do something that you feel is not safe how would your respond? Name a time when you dealt with a dissatisfied customer and what was the outcome? You might have to "sale" the interviewee something such as a pencil. Can you work in fast paced environments?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2015

Interview

I applied online. I took the assessment and did a phone interview with HR; then went to do face to face with the manager and operations manager. They barley asked me any questions. Then I got a call back siting I got but for another position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Interviews