Cover image for Avis Budget Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Avis Budget Group Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 600 interviews

Recruiter33%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in Dec 2014

Interview

The initial phone screen is conducted by a contracted third party agency. This in itself was a strange experience. The recruitment firm seems to be 'off their game' -- they sent me an email to request time to set up for a phone screen and followed up with a rejection notice (mind you I hadn't even applied yet). I reached out to them to clarify the message -- as this was rather odd -- and rather than own the mistake it was blamed on a glitch. But I digress. The phone screen went on, and I was progressed onto the next phase, a face to face interview. Without giving too much away -- I went to the location I was scheduled to interview with for the Sales Manager position, walked up to the counter and asked for the regional manager and was greeted by, 'Who? We don't have anyone by that name working for this company.' Thankfully, I pulled up the linked in profile on the person I was interviewing with and had to present that to the staff who said 'oh that must be the dude upstairs.' First impressions were not that great. The office was run down, beat up old furniture, signs of multiple leaks, looks like they've never really reinvested any money into employee engagement. And for the employees not to recognize a 'higher up' manager by name goes to show there's a huge disconnect there. So now I sit down for the interview and the questions go through the basics about my background. You'd kind of like to think when you're being interviewed for a position it becomes a two way street -- you equally interview the employer and they have to put their 'recruiter' hat on. Highlight the great aspects of the position, give you something to 'sink your teeth into.' Sad to say this didn't happen. The manager seemed rather down on the company -- when I asked about the position I was met with commentary about how poor the current performance is and how I'd be starting significantly down. After the interview the sales manager was quick to pack up and didn't see me out. Minor things -- but things that leave a poor impression when interviewing with a company. Employees not even knowing who members of upper management are.... run down office..... negative vibes... overall leaves a sour taste in your mouth. If this is how the INTERVIEW is going, can you imagine how it must be to be EMPLOYED there?

Interview Questions
  • Why on earth would you want to work here? (I was seriously asked this question)
    Answer Question

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in Aug 2014

Interview

Submitted application on line and got email for phone interview the same day. Interview was 1/2 hrs and wanted to know all about coaching actions, experience, salary, and how you would handle employee that wasn't making it At end asked what would be your lowest salary excepted, I said 45,000.00 and she said she would forward my information and I would be contacted again to advise if I got it or not. Don't have outcome yet,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in Apr 2010

Interview

Short and concise

Interview Questions
  • How would you hold your direct reports accountable
  • How would you handle a difficult customer

Popular Careers with Avis Budget Group Job Seekers