Cover image for Avis Budget Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Avis Budget Group Shift Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2012

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 600 interviews

In Person33%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Sacramento, CA) in May 2010

Interview

3 Step process, First they bring you in to do a basic ,math and skills test, they score it and if you pass it you will be scheduled for step 2. Then you meet with the Airport manager (GM) for your first interview, dress for success, and keep in mind the company is a hands on company, not looking for fancy words or crazy education information. 2nd Interview is with District Manager and he will ask you a serious of questions mostly mirroring what the GM asked you but some more difficult. They do have a script they use, but he didnt read it or use it from what I saw.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you led a team from a miscue to a sucess and explain how you got there.
    Answer Question

Avis Budget Group

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in Feb 2010

Interview

Basic interview. Tell me about yourself, what are you long term goals, how can you help this company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled it.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Newark, NJ) in Feb 2010

Interview

Interview started with HR recruiter contacting me concerning position and a preliminary interview. Next interview was more formal and was with City Manager and District Manager. Pretty standard situational behavorial questions. After that interview, I was given a tour by a Shift Manager of the operation and what the job consisted of.

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle a situation when you just couldn't please a customer?

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Tampa, FL) in Jan 2010

Interview

Everyone who i interviewed with was great. Interviews were with three different days which was a little inconvenient but was worth it. Interview went over past experiences and what i expect in the future. I believe it will be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Popular Careers with Avis Budget Group Job Seekers