Aviva Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone/In person - lots of competency type questions but the questions were just barked at you and responses were not really listened to. Got no understanding of the role, department etc.

Global Graduate Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

- Online form
    - Aptitude tests (critical reasoning and situational judgement)
    - Video Interview
    - Assessment center etc
    I only got to the video interview stage but the whole process is pretty clearly stated on their website.
    The interview process is quite usual for this kind of scheme and company but it is always a bit daunting to talk alone in front of a computer with a timer so I would definitely recommend to prepare basic answers and pre time them for questions like why do you want to work for Aviva? Surprising fact about yourself?/Hobbies? etc just so that you are not caught off guard.
    Also, the feedback takes quite a long time to arrive (almost a month to get a generic "thank you for...unfortunately due to the large amount of applicants...." kind of answer).

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

One interview, including a presentation for the website, as per the health insurance process. Very relaxed, but disorganised, they had no options to load up the presentation onto a large screen so had to talk them through the process via a laptop, also had no visible vpn system. Otherwise a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you exhibit the compeny ethos, via its core values (available on the website).   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by numerical and logical reasoning tests. If successful you are invited to the video interview stage and assessment center where you have to repeat the logical and reasoning tests, partake in a group task and get interviewed.

Although I attended the assessment centre and was unsuccessful, I did not get feedback as promised by the recruitment team

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked on a difficult task (Video interview)   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a different person that HR mentioned. A numerical test without calculator, general questions about the role, answers should had been related to aviva values.Some online numerical tests. I was never given an official reply even though I tried to contact HR to inform me about the outcome.

Junior Quant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I got an email from my university senior, his friend who works in Aviva London as a director in the market and operational risk team. His team needs an intern/part-time position to conduct some market risk modelling project. I got interested, so I send my CV to the director. He replied immediately and we agreed to have an informal interview in a week later.
    On the next Thursday, we had a 1 hour chat about what I have done in the past that are relevant to the risk modelling. The next day I received the offer.

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Smooth but lengthy process. First simple phone interview directly with hiring manager followed by presentation preparation and actual face-to-face interview.
    Very unprofessional response from HR though throughout the process. As an email feedback after the final interview, wrong email template was sent over to me

Head of Function Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial interview
    Psychometric test
    Review results of test
    Further interview

A very detailed process, quite well run process and nothing too out of the ordinary in the questions set. Competency based interview so having examples is important. Psychometric profiling was several online tests and a single meeting to review and discuss the results.

Interview Questions

• Competency based question set. Important to have examples of how you've performed in certain circumstances. Remember to state the outcome   Answer Question

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Teleconference followed by telepresence as was international role. All went very smoothly and provided me with a good level of interaction with my direct line of reporting and my team.

Supplier Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Thorough well prepared interview that was executed professionally. It could have gone deeper into my actual capabilities, but the role was very similar to my previous one so that all they were looking for was my experience working across different cultures. Little did I know this was Norfolk and Yorkshire cultures.

Negotiation

Yes, a little.