Aviva Interview Questions in Norwich, England | Glassdoor

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pricing and Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email nearly a month later asking to come to an interview on specified date. That was the only part of the interviewing process. The face to face interview in Norwich was conducted well and lasted about 2 hours. First half was normal interview questions about their goals and values and the second half was a series of problem solving and maths questions that were quite hard but doable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Long meeting with other candidates some tests included. I would not bother to apply with them again as I thought that I could do the job with a hand tied on my back. They did not even bother to contact me after I wasted two hours in their building!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Firstly telephone interview with BA Practice lead. Second interview face-to-face. Questions on experience and skillset were very standard and meeting was very informal and friendly.
    There were no really challenging questions. Building was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The team leader collected myself from reception and took my upstairs to where the claims handler team was located. I was told to sit in on a couple of calls to hear what it was like and i assume pick up on details that they would later ask in the formal interview. After 15 minutes of listening in i was collected again and taken to a room for the formal part of the interview. The interview was rather brief, they fired off 5 or 6 competency questions and concluded with why i want to work in the claims department. The interview itself lasted around 10 minute to which after i was sent to reception to pick up my documents and sent on my way.

Interview Questions

• What did you pick up from listening in on the calls?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview then went to Aviva and undertook Competency tests, role play and interview. Took them around 3 hours to come to a decision then I started 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've shown excellent customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Had interview on the phone and in person after being contacted by a recruiter. Unfortunately Aviva cannot be bothered to get back to me to me or the recruiter to say "yes" or "no". It seems from some of the other candidates for technical roles they have issues telling people whether they want them or not after wasting their time interviewing them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

A very professional recruitment agency had my interview scheduled in less than a week after applying.
    Unfortunately, AVIVA's recruitment seems to me unfit for purpose!
    As a contractor I usually deal with hiring managers having at least a good understanding of my field of activity - Agile/Scrum Iterative Software Development. Not on this occasion, unfortunately!
    While I was talking about principles and reasoning the interviewers were being stuck at formal levels talking about 'ceremonies': in Scrum ceremonies are just that - ceremonies - and at maturity a Scrum team can well skip them. Worst, one did interrupt me while explaining a vital concept of Scrum: incorporating in software development feedback from end client.
    At this point we agreed we are on 'different wave lengths' and we ended the call!

Advice: next time you interview a specialist in a certain field please take some time to learn and understand at least the basics of that particular field of activity! General questions usually can have multiple correct answers and you are doing no service to your employer by asking questions about things unfamiliar to yourselves ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for a role as a business analyst based in Sheffield. I had an initial telephone interview which went well, and was invited to a face to face interview. The only downside was that the face to face interview was in Norwich, 3 hours away, with no offer of a Skype interview, and no consideration whatsoever for those with caring, childcare etc responsibilities, or disabilities.

As I was unemployed, and as they said they wouldn't pay travel expenses, I spent 24 hours and more meetings, negotiating with the jobcentre for a £78.50 return ticket to Norwich. I booked the cheapest advance tickets, on fixed trains, as a requirement of jobcentre conditions. Aviva then cancelled me the day before, and told me the interview would take place on another date. I then had to phone the jobcentre back and explain what had happened, take my tickets to my railway station and pay a further £10 to get them amended, only for Aviva to then tell me the role was put on hold.

No offer to reimburse any expenses was made, and the jobcentre have now told me I have reached my threshold for travel costs, and won't pay anymore, thus costing me interviews with more diversity friendly and ethical employers.

I am an actually an Aviva customer and based on this experience, am instructing my financial adviser to remove my products held with them. Utter disgrace. Despite the job being put on hold, nobody has contacted me in the 6-7 weeks since with any updates. Aviva have also wasted public money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Process took roughly 4 weeks, applied online, went to Norwich office to shadow a handler an had an interview with a claims handler and a manager. Pretty efficient process (was quite impressed with the process compared with other companies!), standard competency interview, really relaxed interview, everyone really friendly. Especially during the shadowing the lady was super friendly and happy to answer my questions even though she was working.

Interview Questions

• Strengths? weaknesses?
      why Aviva?
      What is/why claims handling?
      General CV/competency based questions...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva (Norwich, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy, observing a current post holder and then that person and one other in 35/45 minute informal interview. Note though not to question why the post holder is performing in a particular (and possibly unprofessional way) as that person will be involved in the decision to hire or not!

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging, more about 'are you a nice person or not',   1 Answer